Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• We’re going to win , we don’t even have to play near our best and we’ll win .
    This is what it must feel like supporting a top 4 team you just know you’re going to win 90% of the time , the problem is The horrific come down if you fuck up and lose , it’s a nice problem to have 
  • I've got no idea how today goes. All I know is the nerves that weren't there pre Slovakia are definitely here now
  • In Dusseldorf. 

They have double decker trains! 🥰
  • Why do you all predict France to beat Spain? 🤣 I watched both games and thought Spain were way better than France. Only probably Spain have is that quite a few players will miss the game against France because of suspension.
  • Jessie said:
    Why do you all predict France to beat Spain? 🤣 I watched both games and thought Spain were way better than France. Only probably Spain have is that quite a few players will miss the game against France because of suspension.
    France have also been excellent defensively... They've only conceded a penalty so far
  • Jessie said:
    Why do you all predict France to beat Spain? 🤣 I watched both games and thought Spain were way better than France. Only probably Spain have is that quite a few players will miss the game against France because of suspension.
    France have also been excellent defensively... They've only conceded a penalty so far
    Fair point. Didn't realise that...
  • Playing wing-backs and not playing our best wing-back would be madness. 
  • We’re going to win , we don’t even have to play near our best and we’ll win .
    This is what it must feel like supporting a top 4 team you just know you’re going to win 90% of the time , the problem is The horrific come down if you fuck up and lose , it’s a nice problem to have 

So despite the Swiss dominanting from 1st ball to last and winning with flip flops and cigars against Italy they are suddenly going to be shit against the mighty England. I believe we normally have one good performance in 5 so maybe today is the day we go double Dutch and emulated 96.
  • edited July 6
    Jessie said:
    Spain look very exciting but the experience they have of this point in international tournaments is mostly non-existent. 

By contrast, it can’t be understated how big France’s experience of winning in 2018 and getting to the final in 2022 will be for them.

They won’t care that they haven’t been playing well - they will back themselves to beat anyone. Spain definitely can win but I see France winning by a small margin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jessie said:
    Spain look very exciting but the experience they have of this point in international tournaments is mostly non-existent. 

By contrast, it can’t be understated how big France’s experience of winning in 2018 and getting to the final in 2022 will be for them.

They won’t care that they haven’t been playing well - they will back themselves to beat anyone. Spain definitely can win but I see France winning by a small margin.
    I’m not saying you are wrong mate but unless they step up and start playing it would be a total travesty and football will be the losers 
  • Might be the Pain killers and trying to watch lots of tennis as well but for the first time that I can remember I fell asleep and missed the whole game from HT, including the penalties 😴
    I got my days mixed up and thought the games were Saturday and Sunday not Friday and Saturday, so was very confused when Gary Lineker showed upon BBC1 after the extended news. Turned over to ITV in the hope of catching a few highlights during the post match analysis, and it was the 110th minute, so I got to see the mad last 10 minutes.
  • Only Charlton flag I've seen this whole tournament... And I spent a good chunk of the afternoon with Bracknell Town. 
  • Maybe our Tournament is being jinxed by that flag? - BURN IT!!
  • edited July 6
    AndyG said:
    Jessie said:

I’m not saying you are wrong mate but unless they step up and start playing it would be a total travesty and football will be the losers 
    This is what France has been generally for the last eight years.

It’s been particularly egregious this tournament but it’s got them a trophy and two final appearances previously.

It works in tournament football where if you play too open, one bad match can end your chances, and that’s why Southgate took it as the blue print for England.
  • Come on Turkey!! ;)
  • FUCK... ITV have our Semi-Final!!
  • FUCK... ITV have our Semi-Final!!

• Dutch players on a yellow:

Dumfries (RB)
    Schouten (CM)
    Malen (sub)
    Veerman (sub)

Turkish players on a yellow:

Guler (RW)
    Muldur (RB)
    Gunok (GK)
    Ayhan (CB)
    Yildiz (LW)
    Ozcan (CM)
    Celik (sub)
  • Sponsored links:

• Only two group winners left in the tournament: Spain & England
  • Wow... Here we go!! 
  • That's upset the tulip cart! 1-0 Turkey 
  • Turkey good value for their lead. 
  • Cross of the tournament that.
  • Netherlands 0-1 Southgate
  • philcafc said:
    Cross of the tournament that.
    With his weaker foot…
  • I'd rather face the Netherlands than Turkey in the semi final, though for the neutral Turkey would provide a much better game.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Extra time and pens I reckon
    👏👏
  • edited July 6
    I'd rather face the Netherlands than Turkey in the semi final, though for the neutral Turkey would provide a much better game.
    Not sure if Turkey's all out attack would suit us or not