Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• edited July 5
    Croydon said:
    sam3110 said:
    That's a handball from most of the refs at this tournament, far enough away from Musiala and hand isn't right next to his body 
    Cucurella’s arm was right in the grey area of “making his body unnaturally bigger”  BUT was bringing his arm into his torso, not away from. With the current rules that’s saved Cucurella there…
    Bizarre rule isn't it. Leaves far too much up to interpretation
    Agree, it does seem unfair that for instance Denmark conceded a penalty to Germany but Germany didn’t get this one against Spain. 

Unfortunately I don’t know how you remove the subjectivity of what is and isn’t deliberate handball without significantly changing the rules. The problem is that the punishment of a penalty is often way too harsh for what actually happened.

One suggestion has been to look at making all instances of ball to hand across the pitch (deliberate or not) a handball offence, awarding indirect free kicks instead of penalties when it occurs in the penalty area.

That way you can be more black and white about saying “ok ball hit the arm here, free kick” without worrying about over punishing defenders for a cross brushing their hand on the way through etc…

One extra piece, you could say only handballs inside the six yard box are penalties, that ensures you still stop defenders from using their hands on the line etc.
  • England are owed a f**king apology after that half of Football.
  • Portugal always master the art of boring success too. 

Unstoppable Force/Immovable Object this game.

• England are owed a f**king apology after that half of Football.
    France have been just as boring as us the whole tournament.

Just a slightly more solid-looking boring.
    Probably worse. In 4.5 games they've scored a pen and 2 own goals, and their 1 goal conceded was a penalty.
  • Blatant dive. This game isn't very good
  • Mendes making a late bid for the Portuguese diving team in the Olympics this year.
  • Only Spain can stop us from winning this tournament. 
  • McBobbin said:
    Blatant dive. This game isn't very good
    Disgusting dive
  • Shut up Murphy. You add nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Portugal looking a bit livelier now, 2 good chances in the last 5 minutes.
  • Some top saves this half, but got to say the finishing could be better
  • What a block from Dias, incredible last ditch defending.
  • Finishing has been woeful
  • IdleHans said:
    Shut up Murphy. You add nothing.

I was just thinking can we have Ally McCoist again

Murphy has no sense of the occasion, no excitement, he's just a miserable bastard 

If you were stood next to him in the pub you'd think about moving
  • Portugal want pens. They’ve done this before.
  • Chunes said:
    IdleHans said:
    Shut up Murphy. You add nothing.

I was just thinking can we have Ally McCoist again

Murphy has no sense of the occasion, no excitement, he's just a miserable bastard 

If you were stood next to him in the pub you'd think about punching him
    Edited for you mate
  • That wasn't a card at all, Oliver sold a dummy on that challenge. 

Our refs are shit
  • Portugal really need to fuck Ronaldo off 
  • When is Martinez going to tell Ronaldo to stop taking free kicks? Another one from a stupid angle hit straight into the wall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great free kick from CR. Smashed pointlessly into the wall. Maybe think about your team mates idiot!
  • I wish you could bet on free kicks hitting the wall. I'd have made so much money on Ronaldo over the years. 
  • Great work from Pepe there. Not his biggest fan but what a warrior 
  • sam3110 said:
    Leuth said:
    Seven Spanish yellow cards in that match. Pedri injured. Going to be heavily rotated team for the semi final…

This might be working out in France’s favour…
    France eh
    Late in the game, Dembele and Coman on as subs, running at Pepe the Pensioner
    Thuram was the one in the end, but Pepe managed to get back and make up for it
  • The sort of game where you hoped a side would score just so you didn't have to watch another 30 minutes of it.
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Leuth said:
    Seven Spanish yellow cards in that match. Pedri injured. Going to be heavily rotated team for the semi final…

This might be working out in France’s favour…
    France eh
    Late in the game, Dembele and Coman on as subs, running at Pepe the Pensioner
    Thuram was the one in the end, but Pepe managed to get back and make up for it
    That was embarrassing for a fresh sub.
  • Ooh, so close from Ronaldo!!
  • WTF was that from Gramps? 
  • Don’t start crying Cristiano 
  • What a run from Dembele.  Think I'd have to keep going if I was jim just because if I scored it would be incredible!