Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Comments

• Options
    "We’ll be having a beer...Actually, I won’t because I’ve got alcohol issues…due to it not being sold in Qatar."
  • Options
    FIFA bowing to their masters. 
  • Options
    If only we still ruled them eh.. 
  • Options
    I think it's funny. Budweiser will probably sue FIFA. I'd love it if European fans asked for a reimbursement of their tickets under the claim that they were sold under false pretences.

Maybe the Qatari police will suddenly become stricter than previously stated and it will cause a problem with European countries demanding release of their citizens from prison.

The more to make FIFA regret their decision, the better.

Whatever the case I'm building up to this World Cup with full excitement and I'm going to watch as much as normal in honour of those who gave their lives to build the stadia.

On my sofa I can have an alcoholic beer, swear, and ask my wife to watch topless whilst I wank off another bloke if that's what I choose, lol.
    Ha, good luck with that!
  • Options
    There’s another thread for this.
  • Options
    1 more sleep before a month of football heaven.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on England !!   
  • Options
    Wow , completely overlooking the real game at Port Vale today !
    Since when has watching Charlton been compared to "Football Heaven"
  • Options
    Gutted only one game tomorrow though. 
  • Options
    If England win the world Cup...(always a big if)

The English players may initially just feel like treating the rest of the season as a kick about! 

They'd have already won the best of the best trophy and hit a big peak of their career

Imagine lifting the world Cup then....6 weeks later, lifting the carebo cup.

"Well this isn't very fufilling" 
  • Options
    FIFA will probably ask Qatar to pay the compensation Budweiser will seek and Qatar will probably tell them to take it out of their bribe money. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Wow , completely overlooking the real game at Port Vale today !
    Since when has watching Charlton been compared to "Football Heaven"
    Not since 26th May 2019
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Agree but better than none. I think it was originally scheduled for Monday which is why there are 'only' three games on Monday and four games on the subsequent days.
  • Options
    Currently on the way up to Port Vale, but absolutely cannot think about anything else besides the World Cup right now.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Currently on the way up to Port Vale, but absolutely cannot think about anything else besides the World Cup right now.
    When do you fly out? - I presumed you'd already be out there for the Iran game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said he’s going out tomorrow night. 

Anyone any idea how many England are expected to go over?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Boom said:
    Said he’s going out tomorrow night. 

Anyone any idea how many England are expected to go over?
    The England Supporters Travel Club — numbering 20,000 members in total — has seen around 3,000 members apply for each group stage game, as well as 4,772 for the final.

England’s final group stage match against Wales, which takes place at the smaller Al Rayyan Stadium, is the only game to be oversubscribed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/3692644/2022/10/14/world-cup-fans-attendance/?amp=1

Apparently 100000 Brits live in Qatar so that should up the numbers a bit.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Always like that though isn’t it?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Yes but normally it's on a Friday, or even a Thursday evening, leading into a week end of football. This time it really gets started on a Monday 😐
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Yes but normally it's on a Friday, or even a Thursday evening, leading into a week end of football. This time it really gets started on a Monday 😐
    Good point.
  • Options
    24 hours to go 😄
  • Options
    It's coming home!

It might probably absolutely not come home but we can sing the song and enjoy football drunk nights out
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    It's coming home!

It might probably absolutely not come home but we can sing the song and enjoy football drunk nights out
    Unless you're at any of the games, of course!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    24 hours to go 😄
    21 hours and 23 minutes to go