Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tyreece Campbell

Comments

• Options
    edited January 19
    My biggest concern with him isn’t the talent.  It is the complete lack of effort. It would be one thing to be lightweight and to lose out on tackles and 50/50 balls but he doesn’t even try to tackle and backs off almost every contested situation. Simarly he is always late tracking back - not at times when he has made a big run forward but instead when the opponent has possession and we are already back in a defensive position.  I know our fans want someone from our academy to do well and by all accounts he is good kid but I have reservations whether signing him makes sense

What nonsense.

Effort is the last thing he lacks.

He tracks back but he's a winger not a full back.

Was going to post this as well, he presses and tracks back very well for a young winger. It feels like we're watching different players. If you see him not tracking back it's probably a tactical move. There have been times in games, especially with Asiimwe at RB, where TC has run past him into his own half then past him again into the attacking half. 
  • Options
    quality little player . Still a kid have pati3nce. he's been asked to play in some unusual positions to him. no lack of effort at all. if you want to see a lack of effort look on the other side of the pitch at CBT. 

hoe he stays. Will go else where and do very well 
  • Options
    When he's got the ball at his feet and going at the defence he can occasionally be quite exciting. The problem is getting him in that position, as he's as weak as piss and invariably gets bullied off the ball.

• Options
    He’s a coin flip to me , as in I’m sitting on the fence .
    He had some decent early form and looked potentially good but to me he’s been beyond dire in recent times 
    confidence , mojo , whatever has gone missing and there have been some proper hesitant backing off from him in attacking and defensive positions .
    With CBT as good as gone we need TC to up his game and continue to improve if that’s somewhere else so be it but I wouldn’t be sure he’ll be what we want or he could rip this up , worth a gamble I say .
  • Options
    Clear case of 2nd season syndrome (not helped by changing systems and him being moved around role and position).  Happens to most young players. Same with Ness for much of this year. Hopefully some useful lessons are learnt from it, he develops the desired aspects of his game and comes back stronger. A loan may help too. But he's hot great potential and I rate him very highly.
  • Options
    Tyreece is blessed with excellent ability on the ball. He isn’t yet great at the physical aspect of the game and decision making. One he can grow into, the other comes with coaching and experience. His raw ability with the football is undisputed…isn’t it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Croydon said:
    Going against the grain here clearly but I don't rate him. No pace, no skill and very weak in a challenge. The only winger I've seem that seems to actively dislike being 1v1 against a defender. 

Can put his recent poor performances down to confidence, but he's struggled to even control a ball multiple times in the same match. 

He needs loan to LG 2 to prove he's got what it takes imo.
    No pace? Seriously?? I'd say stamina and general upper body strength were much more of an issue than his pace.
    Quicker than the average man in the street, but if we're talking about him being playing in a promotion push next season, then yeah I'd say for a winger he lacks pace
  • Options
    "Go on Tyreece, get on there and win us the game".

"Fcuk off, rasclart"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel for Tyreece and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he wernt signing that deal as he didn't want to play under Appleton. I don't get the impression that he felt "loved" by him. I think his a player that needs a lot of love, honestly if I was him I'd be signing that deal ASAP, unless he has a cracking agent, i can't see him being awash with offers come the summer based on his performances this season. 
  • Options
    edited January 24
    One of the many youth players utterly destroyed by Appleton's incompetence and lack of a personal touch. Clearly needed an arm round his Shoulder but Apple's doesn't do that.
    Assuming he leaves he will go on to decent things imo.
    Last night I suspect Apples knew he was gone without a win so wouldn't surprise me if he told TC not to defend and to stay high up the pitch as he needed the goal, had nothing to lose and could therefore gamble.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    It’s a worry if both Tyreece & Kanu refuse to sign contract extensions.

We rarely usually lose promising youth players for nothing….shows what a mess we are currently in that they seemingly don’t want to stay.

Hopefully a new manager can help motivate them to stay.
  • Options
    I'm so pleased that under our new visionary regime where we wouldn't settle for mediocrity that we aren't sat here fretting about whether talented academy players would extend their contacts with under 6 months remaining or have to face the alternative of paltry compensation under the regulations. Oh. Is there any good news? At all?
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Tyreece is the Youngster that needs the loan not Kanu as so many on CL were saying just 4 weeks ago. I didn't and Daniel should definitely have replaced Ladapo who needs to work hard on his fitness  to get up to speed and kanu should've had 25 minutes to make an impact.
    Problem with CBT gone we do need a wide man even off the bench if full backs/wing backs aren't putting crosses in despite the fact both fullbacks did get forward yesterday even Watson and for those that didn't seem to realize he scored the 2nd goal as he drifted into a great position in the box.
    Also it was Edun breathing down the defenders neck that caused the own goal from a good ball by May.

Both Deji(again) and Tyreese should go to Bromley on loan as the big man and good guy Andy Woodman will give them TLC and a happy environment to work in. 
  • Options
    Absolutely right about CBT’s understudy.
    Appleton was slated as good with young players but he has proper fecked things up for Tyreece with us.
    Good local boy, went to Forest Hill School same place as Joe Gomez.
    All rather tragic, and shamefully exploitative.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Apparently not going to sign a new contract, he isn’t happy, and confidence has gone, he feels he will be better off in a positive environment.. 
    Yep have heard the same
  • Options
    I have heard that too.
    Just maybe a new manager can change things around.
    Crying shame.
  • Options
    He can be disappointed with how things have gone under Appleton but he just isn't putting the same level of effort in as before which is unacceptable.