Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tyreece Campbell

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Apparently not going to sign a new contract, he isn’t happy, and confidence has gone, he feels he will be better off in a positive environment.. 
    Yep have heard the same
    Not just at the training ground, but the abuse he has been getting at games.. Feels like he is being hung out to fail. 
  • Options
    Hang on!

Appleton gets, rightly, slated for being a poor manager, coach and motivator but when a young, talented player doesn't thrive under his control we slag off the kid.

If he leaves, and I wouldn't blame him, it will be "he'll be lucky to get a league 2 club" but like Fox, Cousins and now Morgan will thrive elsewhere and some people will wonder why.

Campbell's regression is a glaring example of how badly this club is fucking up but it's all his fault.

%&#@*!
    Who's to blame then? Why don't these younger players thrive us? Are we putting to much pressure on them? Are we quick to put them down?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Talal said:
    He can be disappointed with how things have gone under Appleton but he just isn't putting the same level of effort in as before which is unacceptable. 
    I'm always amazed when people say this. It's not lack of effort, it's lack of confidence. He's a player who is in there to do the unexpected and create something out of nothing but he's not trying things because he doesn't believe he can pull it off and he's nervous of the abuse he'll get from the stands if he gives the ball away. Then as a result he has a poor game and starts making basic mistakes because that nervousness has taken over. I never understand how people look at kids his age who are behaving completely differently on the pitch to how they were when the team and the club as a whole was a happier place to be and just think 'yeah, he's not trying'.  
    not tracking back and walking around is lack of confidence?
    "walking around" is such a weird thing fans say. Players aren't running all the time. What do you want them to do? Run on the spot? 

• Options
    I read somewhere that last season Campbell and Rak Sakyi were best buddies in training. Rak Sakyi was always doing everything to boost Campbells confidence. This season Campbell looks lost. Too many games too soon with too much pressure on him. That's why I think that he has gone backwards. Like all young players they have to be nurtured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tough as it might be for some to hear, but he's been lazy all season. Bolton at home he pulled out of multiple challenges, it was bizarre at the time and it hasn't got any better. I could forgive it more if his output was much better, but he's been out of form/ low on confidence for a while now. 
  • Options
    It’s a worry if both Tyreece & Kanu refuse to sign contract extensions.

We rarely usually lose promising youth players for nothing….shows what a mess we are currently in that they seemingly don’t want to stay.

Hopefully a new manager can help motivate them to stay.
    You can add Elerewe to that list, 3 high potential players
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Hang on!

Appleton gets, rightly, slated for being a poor manager, coach and motivator but when a young, talented player doesn't thrive under his control we slag off the kid.

If he leaves, and I wouldn't blame him, it will be "he'll be lucky to get a league 2 club" but like Fox, Cousins and now Morgan will thrive elsewhere and some people will wonder why.

Campbell's regression is a glaring example of how badly this club is fucking up but it's all his fault.

%&#@*!
    Who's to blame then? Why don't these younger players thrive us? Are we putting to much pressure on them? Are we quick to put them down?
    He's been badly managed/coached - "we" the fans don't decide to bring him on as a wing back late in a game when we're down to 10 men and we know he's not strong defensively. 
    Not sure the last 2 games have decided if he going to sign a new deal or not
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Hang on!

%&#@*!
    He's been badly managed/coached - "we" the fans don't decide to bring him on as a wing back late in a game when we're down to 10 men and we know he's not strong defensively. 
    Not sure the last 2 games have decided if he going to sign a new deal or not
    Its not just the last 2 games - I just used that as an example - he's clearly lost confidence and it's the manager who should address that (then again he may be the cause of his loss of form/confidence).
  • Options
    Got potential but again last night so poor no final ball and far too lightweight …and can’t defend time to let him go and see if he can rebuild his career in league two 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Hang on!

%&#@*!
    Back to the fan pressure line i see
  • Options
    I can’t believe people are defending the kid.  No matter how poor a manager you have, effort is a personal responsibility if you want to be a professional.  Just one example,  two minutes after coming on as a wingback, the opposition had a dangerous counter attack.  Edmonds Green slowed the progress of the counter.  Campbell was nowhere to be seen and when he finally did track back,  he just slowly jogged into the defensive zone - he didn’t try to challenge for the ball.  When the opposing fullback overlapped on the outside, he didn’t even try to cover for him.  He was literally just standing in place doing nothing.  This is just one instance.  Similar situations like this happened multiple times this season.  As bad as Appleton was,  you can’t blame him for what is a clear lack of effort
  • Options
    Tough as it might be for some to hear, but he's been lazy all season. Bolton at home he pulled out of multiple challenges, it was bizarre at the time and it hasn't got any better. I could forgive it more if his output was much better, but he's been out of form/ low on confidence for a while now. 
    Completely disagree. He lacks a bit of quality at times, but he’s never lazy. He runs up and down all game. Our fans in the ground have been so quick to turn on him after an error. I hear it in the covered end so often, a bad pass and every slates him. 

Will be a massive shame to lose him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Orient on Boxing day crucified him and Asiimwe. Both were subbed on 2nd half, which led them to play in front of our away end - where the atmosphere turned awfully toxic, rightly or wrongly, and they bore the brunt of it, simply as they were playing on that side. Appleton should take full responsilibity here, he threw them both to the lions rather than protect them.
  • Options
    He's been terribly served by Appleton's disengaged witless bungling and TC's confidence is shot
    A spell out on loan would probably do him better than dropping back to the 21s
    Too much too soon at the wrong time redolent of Karlan Grant and a few months at Crawley did him just fine.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Croydon said:
    Talal said:
    He can be disappointed with how things have gone under Appleton but he just isn't putting the same level of effort in as before which is unacceptable. 
    I'm always amazed when people say this. It's not lack of effort, it's lack of confidence. He's a player who is in there to do the unexpected and create something out of nothing but he's not trying things because he doesn't believe he can pull it off and he's nervous of the abuse he'll get from the stands if he gives the ball away. Then as a result he has a poor game and starts making basic mistakes because that nervousness has taken over. I never understand how people look at kids his age who are behaving completely differently on the pitch to how they were when the team and the club as a whole was a happier place to be and just think 'yeah, he's not trying'.  
    not tracking back and walking around is lack of confidence?
    "walking around" is such a weird thing fans say. Players aren't running all the time. What do you want them to do? Run on the spot? 

Except it isn't, unless you're being deliberately obtuse. If you've been to any game recently and watched him on the pitch, you'd now exactly what I'm referring to
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Brownie12 said:
    I can’t believe people are defending the kid.  No matter how poor a manager you have, effort is a personal responsibility if you want to be a professional.  Just one example,  two minutes after coming on as a wingback, the opposition had a dangerous counter attack.  Edmonds Green slowed the progress of the counter.  Campbell was nowhere to be seen and when he finally did track back,  he just slowly jogged into the defensive zone - he didn’t try to challenge for the ball.  When the opposing fullback overlapped on the outside, he didn’t even try to cover for him.  He was literally just standing in place doing nothing.  This is just one instance.  Similar situations like this happened multiple times this season.  As bad as Appleton was,  you can’t blame him for what is a clear lack of effort
    There in lies the problem. He is just a kid. If he isn’t ready - which I think is the case, then look after him and remove him from the fold. 

The problem moving forward with the 8-8-8 plan is going to increase the use of youngsters who aren't ready and intensify the pressure said lads will be facing. I understand all of this "they are only kids" rhetoric, however like we saw with Rak Sakyi, as much as he was young, he grafted like Dobbo and never shied a tackle, underpinned by having skill beyond any other team mate.

The problem we have is not how young they are, but whether they are good enough.

Appleton pointed out that this team lack the bottle in a battle. He said be braver, how many times. I don't think TC is in the Dobbo or May mould but can learn from pro's of this calibre. Whether he should be learning from being in the first team is immaterial as he is a squad member so gets thrown on. I don't believe that he would make a single match day squad if any of the promotion chasers.

Set aside our loyalties to our youth, if Scott had brought him in from Man City as a January lifeline to save our season and he performed as he does, plenty would be very underwhelmed at what he can bring to improve the first team. If he was replacing anyone in the first 11, we are going nowhere north of 10th spot, this season or next.

I wish him well wherever he goes in the summer. 
  • Options
    I understand the defences for TC, he has shown he is a bright prospect. 

However one thing Morgan, Cousins and Fox never did was to stop trying. It is very apparent that he has no confidence to win 1on1's or to cross or shoot, but he doesn't bother to track back. Doesn't push attacks quick enough, I can't remember the last time we saw TC in a full sprint. 

It's all a bit weird. For most players his age they'll be busting a gut every time they're on the pitch, especially when a late sub.

I can only assume his attitude has tailed off with his confidence. 
  • Options
    p.s I still have no idea what this 8-8-8 BS is. 

I assume it's something about having a midfield with three box to box midfielders in the middle?