Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tyreece Campbell

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    p.s I still have no idea what this 8-8-8 BS is. 

I assume it's something about having a midfield with three box to box midfielders in the middle?

The ownerships plan for the squad
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I assume it's something about having a midfield with three box to box midfielders in the middle?
    Is it not just that we will have 8 academy graduates in numbers for every sqaud. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Thanks for that. Makes more sense than where my head went!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I understand the defences for TC, he has shown he is a bright prospect. 

However one thing Morgan, Cousins and Fox never did was to stop trying. It is very apparent that he has no confidence to win 1on1's or to cross or shoot, but he doesn't bother to track back. Doesn't push attacks quick enough, I can't remember the last time we saw TC in a full sprint. 

It's all a bit weird. For most players his age they'll be busting a gut every time they're on the pitch, especially when a late sub.

I can only assume his attitude has tailed off with his confidence. 
    Last year he looked like he was loving it and full of confidence. recently he has looked like he doesnt want to be here. Real pity because with the right management and players around him he could be a real handful. Some players need an arm round their shoulders and others need to be read the riot act. Perhaps the club has got it the wrong way round 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

According to the SMT a league 1 squad capable of competing for a playoff spot whilst not spending beyond their means needs to have:

8 elite League 1 players
    These are players that could make the jump to the championship easily

8 solid League 1 players
    These are dependable players in this league that probably have a ceiling 

8 decent youngsters/homegrown talents
    These come from your academy and help to plug gaps/cover injuries

Hence the 8-8-8
  • Options
    The transisition of our Academy players into the first team looks like a question to put to Steve Avory at Bromley Addicks next meeting on Thursday 1st February  :)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

My BIGGEST problem with the 8-8-8 is that I think it's reasonable to say we always have @6 players out injured.

So if you take 6 out of the first two groups say 4 from the first and 2 from the second, that actually leaves you with 4-6-8.

So you have 4 "elite" players, 6 "consistent/average or worse" players and 1 Academy player starting.

This leaves a bench full of Academy players and no one else.

It's a relegation plan and guess where we're presently heading?

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

My BIGGEST problem with the 8-8-8 is that I think it's reasonable to say we always have @6 players out injured.

So if you take 6 out of the first two groups say 4 from the first and 2 from the second, that actually leaves you with 4-6-8.

So you have 4 "elite" players, 6 "consistent/average or worse" players and 1 Academy player starting.

Logically the 6 players injured (which they're trying to reduce) would be spread across all 3 groups, still leaving 6 elite and 6 consistents. And the academy group would include the likes of AMB and Miles. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Academy players get injured too.

My biggest problem with it is that it forces you to pick 8 academy players to involve in the first team regardless of how many are good enough. It would be interesting to hear thoughts from the club on that.

Bowyer used several academy players in his promotion season and the 8-8-8 structure broadly fit their squad. Powell only used Solly and Wagstaff in the league (aside from a few appearances from Elliot before he was sold. Not counting Green as he was signed after the academy released him). It wouldn’t have worked at all that season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think TC is making the right decision to move on. We are clearly building for 3-5-2, and he is a winger. 

If he stayed he might get minutes from the bench as an attacking wing back, number 10 or striker. But what he needs is regular football as a winger and I don’t think he will get that with us 
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Logically the 6 players injured (which they're trying to reduce) would be spread across all 3 groups, still leaving 6 elite and 6 consistents. And the academy group would include the likes of AMB and Miles. 
    I disagree, I feel the majority of  injuries are more likely to come from featuring in the rough tough first team.
    Not the gentler Academy games.
    Happy to be wrong though.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I disagree, I feel the majority of  injuries are more likely to come from featuring in the rough tough first team.
    Those in the academy group will be playing first team games. The criteria is too vague, Leaburn, AMB, TC & even Thomas would come into that category 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Those in the academy group will be playing first team games. The criteria is too vague, Leaburn, AMB, TC & even Thomas would come into that category 
    I'm not sure Thomas counts... I think the 8 academy graduates are supposed to be on cheaper wages, that's why they've balanced the squad that way. So not former academy players re-signed on first team wages. 
  • Options
    It was never going to work under Appleton the day he decided TC was a number 10 and Leaburn was a winger. 
  • Options
    Late to the party but have been watching the first series of the Wrexham doc on Disney and Parkinson makes a comment about part of the job being managing 24 young men.  

Sounds like we've neglected this with our players.

My initial reaction was namby pamby footballers but you remember they're young individuals that are commoditised and booed and sworn at by blokes old enough to be their grandads in some cases.

Just another disappointing indicator of where we are at present.
    Used to be that youth graduates were given an easier ride by fans. Extra support and protection. Now it sometimes feels like it's just another stick to beat them with. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Talal said:
    He can be disappointed with how things have gone under Appleton but he just isn't putting the same level of effort in as before which is unacceptable. 
    I'm always amazed when people say this. It's not lack of effort, it's lack of confidence. He's a player who is in there to do the unexpected and create something out of nothing but he's not trying things because he doesn't believe he can pull it off and he's nervous of the abuse he'll get from the stands if he gives the ball away. Then as a result he has a poor game and starts making basic mistakes because that nervousness has taken over. I never understand how people look at kids his age who are behaving completely differently on the pitch to how they were when the team and the club as a whole was a happier place to be and just think 'yeah, he's not trying'.  
    not tracking back and walking around is lack of confidence?
    Yes it can be!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People react to the people around them especially when young and making their way in a mens world. Well done to NJ for getting TC going again, we need him for his pace and creativity to be firing on all cylinders 
  • Options
    Can understand a player performing poorly if not happy/lacking in confidence but all he did was sprint a bit yesterday. No excuse for not doing that before imo.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Can understand a player performing poorly if not happy/lacking in confidence but all he did was sprint a bit yesterday. No excuse for not doing that before imo.

Maybe, but unlike Kirk who I thought just didn't give a shit and went and hid most of the time; Campbell always made himself available during the Apple's period. He just was devoid of confidence.  
    The crap Scott talked when Apple's arrived about how good he was with young players.  He destroyed ours.
    Look at Kanu and Anderson in the last few games.  I think TC will come good.
    For me, Orient away sticks in my mind for TC. He was dreadful that day but never hid.  His energy was low, his control etc was awful but the crowd were massively on top of him and as HI says above, he comes across as a very shy lad.  That must have been sole destroying.
  • Options
    It was only a glimmer.
    One of the most depressing things in recent times has been observing the diminution of Campbell’s game, the crumbling of his confidence, and the exploitation dominating nurturing.
    Watching him coming through, when measured against his peers, he has been one of the most naturally talented players, but he clearly has not been guided and deployed in a way that maximises his strengths.
    This has led to a depressing amount of condemnation of his game, and lots of supporters rushing to judgement.
    I fear it might be too late for Tyreece at Charlton now, and that’s what depresses me.
    I might add that Patrick Casey will need skilled management in the future, because if he plays three games without scoring lots will write him off similarly to Campbell.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It was only a glimmer.
    One of the most depressing things in recent times has been observing the diminution of Campbell’s game, the crumbling of his confidence, and the exploitation dominating nurturing.
    Watching him coming through, when measured against his peers, he has been one of the most naturally talented players, but he clearly has not been guided and deployed in a way that maximises his strengths.
    This has led to a depressing amount of condemnation of his game, and lots of supporters rushing to judgement.
    I fear it might be too late for Tyreece at Charlton now, and that’s what depresses me.
    I might add that Patrick Casey will need skilled management in the future, because if he plays three games without scoring lots will write him off similarly to Campbell.
    Is Casey one of those you’d expect to break through or does it depend how he develops physically? I saw him at Hastings in preseason, he didn’t stand out in terms of pace or strength. Kanu has a bit of both along with great fitness and work rate.

Casey seems to be more of a pure poacher but at first team level he’ll need something else to his game to go with that. Could probably learn from May who has made up for his size through his work rate, fitness and dropping deep at times to get more involved rather than only looking to run in behind.
  • Options
    Think NJ is growing to like him a lot. Get him a new contract please.
    Been great the last 2 games off the bench 
  • Options
    Think NJ is growing to like him a lot. Get him a new contract please.
    2 good cameos off the bench. Still think if I was him I wouldn’t be signing for us. He needs to find a team playing 4-3-3, shouldn’t just settle for appearances off the bench for us. Hope we can keep him but I think it would be a poor move from TC to stay if I’m being honest