Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tyreece Campbell

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Back to the player he was under Holden.

Appleton destroyed his confidence.

Tonight he was taking players on, putting good crosses in and winning tackles. Couple of shots straight at the keeper he could have done better with but so much potential.
    Back to the player he was under Holden.

Appleton destroyed his confidence.

Tonight he was taking players on, putting good crosses in and winning tackles. Couple of shots straight at the keeper he could have done better with but so much potential.
    Agree, hope he stays, he has a lot to offer.
  • Options
    edited April 9
    NabySarr said:
    Think NJ is growing to like him a lot. Get him a new contract please.
    2 good cameos off the bench. Still think if I was him I wouldn’t be signing for us. He needs to find a team playing 4-3-3, shouldn’t just settle for appearances off the bench for us. Hope we can keep him but I think it would be a poor move from TC to stay if I’m being honest 
    A side aiming for promotion needs better than Campbell on the bench imo. 
  • Options
    We will 100% be offering him a contract and wanting him to stay, but I still don’t see why he’d sign it 

Think he will get a good move and we will get some compensation 
  • Options
    edited April 10
    fenaddick said:
    Croydon said:
    NabySarr said:
    2 good cameos off the bench. Still think if I was him I wouldn’t be signing for us. He needs to find a team playing 4-3-3, shouldn’t just settle for appearances off the bench for us. Hope we can keep him but I think it would be a poor move from TC to stay if I’m being honest 
    Have to see the bigger picture and there are 2 major positives to having Campbell around next year. 1 is that Jones clearly improves players and makes teams more than a sum of it's parts, Campbell has a high ceiling and if anyone can get him up there it's Jones. The 2nd is almost more important, it shows our young players that it's ok to have a bad run of form and we won't cut our losses straight away. The successes of players like Gomez are important but so are the trickier journeys.
    The only thing that matters next season is promotion. If we sign Campbell again it should be a with a view to loan him out to prove himself regularly while we sign better to get us back to the championship. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    fenaddick said:
    Croydon said:
    NabySarr said:
    Have to see the bigger picture and there are 2 major positives to having Campbell around next year. 1 is that Jones clearly improves players and makes teams more than a sum of it's parts, Campbell has a high ceiling and if anyone can get him up there it's Jones. The 2nd is almost more important, it shows our young players that it's ok to have a bad run of form and we won't cut our losses straight away. The successes of players like Gomez are important but so are the trickier journeys.
    The only thing that matters next season is promotion. If we sign Campbell again it should be a with a view to loan him out to prove himself regularly while we sign better to get us back to the championship. 
    Agree that promotion is the only KPI next season.

The question is "Can TC help to achieve that aim?"

I think he can.  He has skill, pace and creates goals.

He's young and still learning but that also means that he doesn't count towards the 23? man squad limit so is a "bonus player".  I doubt the 8-8-8 squad idea is going to be the plan under Jones but if it is TC is clearly in the Academy 8.

Do we have better wingers at the moment?  No we don't.  In fact, all we have is a 33 year old loanee who's shown nothing so far in his two short appearances and even younger players like Rylah (another great prospect IMHO but not ready yet and currently injured). 

Should we buy/loan better wingers?  Yeah, of course, if we can find them but that is easier said than done.

Meanwhile we have a decent winger on our books we can develop.   Not sure a loan at a lower level develops him or helps us get promotion.

Sure his form took a big dip under Appleton but the whole club took a big dip under Appleton.  Let's see what he does under Jones.
    Agree with all of that, but still don’t see why Campbell would accept being a ‘bonus player’ that probably isn’t going to start many games at all. He will be 21 next season, he needs to leave and play regular football and I think he can easily find that at a good league 1 level or even go higher up and be loaned out to league 1 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Croydon said:
    fenaddick said:
    Croydon said:
    NabySarr said:

He's young and still learning but that also means that he doesn't count towards the 23? man squad limit so is a "bonus player".  I doubt the 8-8-8 squad idea is going to be the plan under Jones but if it is TC is clearly in the Academy 8.

Do we have better wingers at the moment?  No we don't.  In fact, all we have is a 33 year old loanee who's shown nothing so far in his two short appearances and even younger players like Rylah (another great prospect IMHO but not ready yet and currently injured). 

Should we buy/loan better wingers?  Yeah, of course, if we can find them but that is easier said than done.

Meanwhile we have a decent winger on our books we can develop.   Not sure a loan at a lower level develops him or helps us get promotion.

Sure his form took a big dip under Appleton but the whole club took a big dip under Appleton.  Let's see what he does under Jones.
    Agree with all of that, but still don’t see why Campbell would accept being a ‘bonus player’ that probably isn’t going to start many games at all. He will be 21 next season, he needs to leave and play regular football and I think he can easily find that at a good league 1 level or even go higher up and be loaned out to league 1 

He needs to play regularly and there's no guarantee of this with a move. 
  • Options
    Ideally, I'd like to see us offer a contract for two years and let him know that the first part of next season, he will probably be loaned to a League One club to start with. I think there will be takers for this and we can see him develop. He might be persuaded to sign as there would be a clear pathway for him.
  • Options
    Ideally, I'd like to see us offer a contract for two years and let him know that the first part of next season, he will probably be loaned to a League One club to start with. I think there will be takers for this and we can see him develop. He might be persuaded to sign as there would be a clear pathway for him.
    It’s going to be interesting to see where he ends up. I’m sure we’ll offer him something to get compensation due to his age as a minimum. Not sure he’d stay with a plan to loan him out, I can see there being interest from L1 clubs who’d give him game time.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    It’s going to be interesting to see where he ends up. I’m sure we’ll offer him something to get compensation due to his age as a minimum. Not sure he’d stay with a plan to loan him out, I can see there being interest from L1 clubs who’d give him game time.
    I was thinking that if we loan him to a league one club, there is a opportunity to come into our team though performance levels. Would the team that signs him be higher than a league one club we coud loan him to?  
  • Options
    I'm with you Scoham, i like the kid, think Appleton absolutely destroyed him tbh. I'd like us to keep him and get him on a 2/3yr deal, send him somewhere on loan next season where he will play week in week out, but i don't think he would accept that. We will 100% offer him something, if he wasn't in NJ's plans, i can't have seen him anywhere near the Matchday squad for the past 12 games.
  • Options
    I'm sure Jones is looking at players with a view to next season and the last two cameos from Campbell will ensure he hasn't written him off.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    fenaddick said:
    Croydon said:
    NabySarr said:

Depends on the formation, wingers might not be important for us. If we're going 352, there's no real point in having any more than one winger plus a striker/attacking midfielder who can play down the wing. If we're switching formation, it will be an interesting summer of transfers but I'd be a bit concerned because there's a lot of players in our squad who wouldn't really fit in anymore. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    fenaddick said:
    Croydon said:
    NabySarr said:

Depends on the formation, wingers might not be important for us. If we're going 352, there's no real point in having any more than one winger plus a striker/attacking midfielder who can play down the wing. If we're switching formation, it will be an interesting summer of transfers but I'd be a bit concerned because there's a lot of players in our squad who wouldn't really fit in anymore. 
    Jones likes options, we played at least 3 formations last night. With a more balanced squad I think we'd see different formations for different opponents and wingers would get a decent amount of game time. TC also did fairly well up front at the weekend. He'll never be amazing there but it will provide him with minutes through a season
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I was thinking that if we loan him to a league one club, there is a opportunity to come into our team though performance levels. Would the team that signs him be higher than a league one club we coud loan him to?  
    Potentially, but even if not he might want a clearer and more secure long term future. 

He’s the sort of player I wouldn’t rule out almost any club at this level possibly having interest in signing. He’s a young winger with goals and assists in him if he develops well. Paying compensation probably rules out those with smaller budgets too.