Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v MK Dons | Tuesday 25 October 2022

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    1StevieG said:
    Why anyone would clap Innis off is beyond me. Get rid of him ffs, gave the ball away twice under no pressure whatsoever and then rightly gets sent off. 
    Absurd comment. This is a blip - he has them. The rest of the time he's dominant. How did we win 3 games in a row with him in the side, playing well, if he's that bad? 
    The fact he's effectively been sent off four times in 41-games for us, shows he can be a massive liability for us - Its great that he's finally finding some fitness, but people talk about Stockley being a disciplinary liability when he's booked is laughable.

Inniss... Now THAT is a liability on a yellow card...

How can you be sent off four times, in less games than what make up a season?
    good comments ,, he's one of those players who just will not learn, he sees red, the mists come down and there you go .. I was praising him a short while back, BUT it seems he will not learn, like try teaching a pitbull not to bite
  • Options
    Garner very level headed in his analysis, couple of digs at the ref though.
    Justified digs. He gave them everything 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Garner says we were ok first half but could've been better, started second half the better team and the sending off changed the game. Asked the ref if he was sure it was a penalty, ref said yes and at full time he's seen on replay that it was two yards outside the area.
  • Options
    We are staying here
    I said we are staying here
    We are staying here
    I said we are staying here!
  • Options
    Garner says we were ok first half but could've been better, started second half the better team and the sending off changed the game. Asked the ref if he was sure it was a penalty, ref said yes and he's seen on replay that it was two yards outside the area.
    I don't think this is particularly wrong. We were on top in the second half with 11 men aside from when we played ourselves into trouble. I think maybe he could have made substitutions a tiny bit earlier, in hindsight, but you can't legislate for that 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    The non-penalty changed the game rather than the sending off.

At 0-0 we weren't chasing the game...

Yes we only had one shot all game, but its because the non-penalty gave Milton Keynes something to protect even more - If the game stays 0-0, then the dynamic of the game from that point forward goes differently.

e.g. there was about ten mins difference between Stockley who should have slid on to Kirk's cross and the penalty

So its not like we were living a charmed life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Garner very level headed in his analysis, couple of digs at the ref though.
    Justified digs. He gave them everything 
    and we had one shot on target. Best we could have hoped for is 0-0
  • Options
    Curbs sympathizing strongly with Garner's point of view.
  • Options
    We are staying here
    I said we are staying here
    We are staying here
    I said we are staying here!
    I’d wait until we had another 24-25 points before I got that cocky feller
  • Options
    Talal said:
    At least Inniss gets his rest now... 
    Through injury and red cards, he does get quite a number of games off. Wonder if he likes a Friday night out:/
  • Options
    Clare had a stinker, so many moves down the left died the death 
    Far too ponderous in possession.
  • Options
    That was absolute toilet. Never want to see Clare play LB ever again. Didn’t think it was a penalty but Inniss is a clown for getting himself in that situation in the first place. Stockley was anonymous, wingers were poor. Fraser for me the only bright spark . Some cameo from Morgan at the end too, played like a competition winner who was given five mins for his favourite club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:
    Xhaka in his Arsenal career has been sent off 5 times in 265 games. Deemed a liability and a walking red card. 

Inniss is currently on 4 red cards in 45 games. 
    Are you seriously comparing Innis with Xhaka? 
    Can you seriously not read what SELR is saying... He's comparing how much of a walking booking Inniss is
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    That was absolute toilet. Never want to see Clare play LB ever again. Didn’t think it was a penalty but Inniss is a clown for getting himself in that situation in the first place. Stockley was anonymous, wingers were poor. Fraser for me the only bright spark . Some cameo from Morgan at the end too, played like a competition winner who was given five mins for his favourite club. 
    Outpaced and leant into by the attacker who started to fall before they collided?
  • Options
    I feared this result and MK Dons played as expected and there was no room in our final third. The only player who looked like he might do something was JRS who ran at them. We will be critical of our midfield but they had to produce inch perfect balls and the ball behind was not on. I think we could have gone three at the back before the sending off. In a game like that O'Connell and Inniss are just extra passes. Clare offensivley is a dead loss at left back as every ball he has to stop and cut in or pass back so he actually stifled moves playing in that position. CBT plays and it creates space as defenders have to stand off him.

We can argue the penalty wasn't a foul or at least in the area but MKDons deserved that result to be fair. I would have liked to see Aneke come on for the second half and play with Stockley. It shows a big thing holding us back that Garner can't do this. If I was advising Ipswich, I would say set up like MKDons, but they will probably be more open and try to beat us and we will have CBT back, hopefully, and start Sessengnon on the left so I think we have a decent chance.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Xhaka in his Arsenal career has been sent off 5 times in 265 games. Deemed a liability and a walking red card. 

Inniss is currently on 4 red cards in 45 games. 
    Are you seriously comparing Innis with Xhaka? 
    Can you seriously not read what SELR is saying... He's comparing how much of a walking booking Inniss is
    I can read mate. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Awful. Draw a line under it, never play Clare at RB again, move onto Saturday. 
    He’s ok at RB, it’s at LB he’s shit
    Yeah that's what I meant. Have edited