Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v MK Dons | Tuesday 25 October 2022

Comments

• Options
    Up until the penalty it was pretty even, although MK missed a sitter first half. 

Alot of passing around but not very effective, we had nothing in the final third apart from the 5 minute spell just after half time 
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2022
    After the Lord Mayor’s Show……..I was hoping to see a balanced team but saw Clare at left back. Not a full back - and looked way out of position. Subs at half time didn’t help much. Kirk on the left, Payne poor on the right. Charlton played a high line &, Inniss once booked was a sending off waiting to happen. Not a penalty but no complaints at a deserved loss. 
  • Options
    And the ref?

One of those who knows the rules but not the subtleties of the game particularly in terms of gamesmanship.

In the first half their player ran through, was fouled and the ref played on. He then pulled it back. That’s fine but then he needed to do it consistently, which he didn’t.

He missed a lot of the less obvious fouls which was frustrating but we need to be smarter in those situations.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Interesting fact... Fraser missed one pass. A long ball. He completed 70/71 passes.
    Recovered possession 8 times
    Won 7/11 ground duels.

Dobson completed 65/71 passes 
    Recovered possession 7 times 
    Won 7/12 ground duels
    And is being rated higher than Fraser in the player ratings.

Morgan completed just 9/13 passes
    He recovered possession 4 times
    Won 1/1 ground duels. (Would expect 2/3 more duels to have taken place in that time)

I agree Morgan on that showing had the worst game, one of the worst attacking displays I've ever seen from him in such a short time. He was clearly 
     trying to force those long balls...

But in terms of recovering possession he managed to get half (or over) the recoveries of either Fraser or Dobson in just 10 minutes. 

There's no doubt that both Dobson and Fraser are much better players, but could/should we have brought Morgan on a bit earlier?
  • Options
    Cannot see us threatening Ipswich on Saturday now after that performance. Expect a proper thrashing from the league leaders and us heading down the table again. 
    It was good whilst it lasted but back to normal again I fear.

• Options
    Cannot see us threatening Ipswich on Saturday now after that performance. Expect a proper thrashing from the league leaders and us heading down the table again. 

Why ? Remember the Pompey game or the Plymouth game 
  • Options
    Dreading a spanking from Ipswich.
  • Options

Why ? Remember the Pompey game or the Plymouth game 
    Just wait and see.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    that that was really poor. We were unlucky with the goals but offered almost nothing going forward. Only joe joe, o Connell and dobbo can take any credit. Why did we not use the wings? When Kirk crossed that ball in it was so dangerous but that was pretty much the only cross in the whole game. Stockers was anonymous but we gave him nothing 
  • Options
    Evidently Clare is not a left back but who else plays there if Sess isn’t fit? Garner wanted a left back but wasn’t allowed to get one. That, a striker and maybe a CB is why we won’t be right up there. 

Stockley was awful and Kirk not much better. So frustrating if we can’t get 45 out of Chuks because him on for Campbell was the logical change 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    why bring  sess on and leave Clare on  , poor decision
  • Options
    I’m not convinced we’d have got anything if the ref gave a DK rather than pen, certainly wouldn’t have won but it evidently changed the whole game 
  • Options
    We wait 83 mins to get our one and only corner. Big guns in the box and we take a short one to Albie who fluffs it along the deck to the first defender.Sums the evening up for me. Lewington must be at least 50 but still made our strikers look poor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    64% possession and we hardly made it into the final third. 

One shot at goal and one solitary corner - to which the newly injected Morgan totally screwed up - in fact did he complete any passes after replacing our best player? 

Love to believe that was a bad day at the office, but in my heart of hearts, we just don't cut the mustard.
  • Options
    Pelham123 said:
    We wait 83 mins to get our one and only corner. Big guns in the box and we take a short one to Albie who fluffs it along the deck to the first defender.Sums the evening up for me. Lewington must be at least 50 but still made our strikers look poor.
    I can't remember having seen Lewington have a bad match against us ever. A real 'bogie' player.
  • Options
    We are now ten points behind target. All the gain from Shrewsbury lost, and the situation even worse, and now no Innes for Saturday.
    Milton Keynes deserved their win despite the poxy penalty decision.
    Poor referee.
    Only Fraser and Campbell come out with any credit, poor all over the pitch.
    Very disappointed indeed, especially as I got my Stevenage ticket before the game, and we are very likely going to lose that cup tie.
  • Options
    horror show tonight 
  • Options
    The match was lost before the season started. 

No fit left back
    Lack of strikers- - which includes injured  & crap 
    No effective wingers. Too many with just 1 foot & then played on the wrong one. 

Morgan & Macgrandells should be nowhere near the first team

Aneke should start. If he can't play 90 mins then pay up his contract & bring in a player who can play 40 odd games a season. 

Mid table is ours for the taking. 
    I’m sure that’s not what you were saying last week?
  • Options
    Stockley offers nothing, it really is embarrassing 
    And yet, if I’m not mistaken, he has been getting some very respectable players marks for the last few games.