Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town | Saturday 29th October 2022

Comments

• Stockley may battle away and is good defensively, but is so ponderous up front. Indeed I wonder about his fitness, as he's like a 36 year old veteran out there. 
    Realistically, Stockley is in this team till January as Aneke can’t start and when fit Leaburn will be playing alongside him instead of Kirk. So Stockley will have my support till then. But I hope we get someone who Garner wants from early January as he just doesn’t play in the way that Garner needs from his centre forward.
  • LenGlover said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Stormed out when Ipswich scored their fourth. It was too much!
    Heard our third just outside the club shop, and what sounded like Ipswich’s fifth in Floyd Rd. Everyone thought the same, until someone saw on his phone that it was us who scored. 
    Gutted to have missed it. Aaaagh!!
    Can’t wait to see it on ITV. It has to be the first L1 match for a change.
    For all the stick I get at least I stay through thick & thin. Never leave before the end. Never.

You're no more than a glory boy. Go support your grandfathers team. 
    The only reason his grandfather ended up there is that WE (in the person of Stanley Gliksten) sacked him.

Harsh Golfie.
    Nah fair enough. I give Golfie a bit of stick. Knew it’d come back and bite me. 
    Obviously a glory boy supporting Charlton 👍👏
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Stockley may battle away and is good defensively, but is so ponderous up front. Indeed I wonder about his fitness, as he's like a 36 year old veteran out there. 
    Realistically, Stockley is in this team till January as Aneke can’t start and when fit Leaburn will be playing alongside him instead of Kirk. So Stockley will have my support till then. But I hope we get someone who Garner wants from early January as he just doesn’t play in the way that Garner needs from his centre forward.
    I'm not so sure. 

I could see Stockley being dropped. At least Leaburn can bring the ball down and send passes out or hold it up.

Stockley is too nice for that role.

• Off_it said:
    By the way, who else was up at Portman Road that time we drew 4-4 there? I'm sure the scoring went the same way then too ...... 0-2 down, back to 2-2, 2-4 down and then 4-4 right at the death. I'm sure we got a late penalty - Tommy Caton?

Or have I imagined all that?
    My brother mentioned that game when it was 4-2 but I said that we had more than 3 minutes to get a draw back then.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Stockley may battle away and is good defensively, but is so ponderous up front. Indeed I wonder about his fitness, as he's like a 36 year old veteran out there. 
    I'm not so sure. 

I could see Stockley being dropped. At least Leaburn can bring the ball down and send passes out or hold it up.

Stockley is too nice for that role.

You may be right Dazzler, but I think both Stockley and Leaburn lifted their games in the short stint they played together.

Annoyingly, I think Leaburn and Washington would have been a great combo.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Ipswich vloggers are going to be fantastic viewing on YouTube later this evening.
    Just like their fellow East Anglians they'll be counting the result on one hand
    Oi!

Don't lump the Suffolk lot in with the proper lot north of the Waveney!
  • i never leave early but must admit, was on my way out but stopped just before our third and saw the drama unfold - our best 11 is as good as anything in this league imho -  cbt and aneke r the nuts, love dobson, fraser and sessignon - we're a couple more players of that quality away from having a proper crack at it  
  • Stockley is playing his game by numbers. He has lost a lot of confidence and needs a spell on the bench but our lack of attacking options has prevented that. I think he would benefit from playing a bit with Aneke, but he is always the one Aneke replaces.
  • Can't stop smiling. Best game I've seen in years. The passion. The atmosphere. That is the Charlton I love. 

And I also agree with Ben about the ref. 
  • Match highlights on ITV4 now. 
  • Off_it said:
    By the way, who else was up at Portman Road that time we drew 4-4 there? I'm sure the scoring went the same way then too ...... 0-2 down, back to 2-2, 2-4 down and then 4-4 right at the death. I'm sure we got a late penalty - Tommy Caton?

Or have I imagined all that?
    That was 88 or 89. I was there, standing behind the goal. Yes recall the late pen from Tommy Caton
  • I was jumping around at 4-4. Cant believe I witnessed that. Best finish In years. 
  • Gutted, had unexpected visitors arrive on 90 minutes so thinking the game was done and dusted I switched the TV off. Had a casual look at Sofascore when the visitors left and nearly spat my cider out.

Ben..........give Dobbo the armband, it’s wasted on Stockley 
  • Sponsored links:

• hey, 4 goals after 90 minutes is that a world first..?

It can't be too far off!
  • Dave2l said:
    hey, 4 goals after 90 minutes is that a world first..?

It can't be too far off!
    I can't find anything on the internet that says 4 goals were scored in stoppage time, except maybe one Arsenal game
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuume5iogfo
    Great video, the scenes when our 4th goes in! the player's reaction is brilliant 
    Poor guy looks like he's about to cry ..
  • If that was 2 goals scored in stoppage time to win the match 4-3 and get 3 points, then the match day programme may find a little bit of space available for itself in the museum...

We'd only be a few points off from the league one playoffs. Our dreams may have come true