Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney asking for big crowd for Brighton match (Potential Buyers?)

Comments

• Options
    JordanJLD said:
    Why not this game on Friday? Or Bristol Rovers in a few weeks. Quite specific just for the Brighton game

Obviously must be a specific reason...
  • Options
    it shows / proves the potential is genuine if the match ticket price is right and the game meaningful. 

A good atmosphere creates interest / enthusiasm. 

The harsh reality of under investment and poor decisions is already obvious. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    WSS said:
    If a buyer/investor is swayed by a crowd at a one off game - I’d be questioning their business acumen anyway.
    Oh be quiet, we were going along very nicely thank you, let's leave facts and common sense out of this can we.. ;)
  • Options
    JordanJLD said:
    Why not this game on Friday? Or Bristol Rovers in a few weeks. Quite specific just for the Brighton game
    If the potential buyer is from overseas he’s unlikely to be at every game 
  • Options
    Not expecting Charlton to turn up for this - can't see us topping 10000.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Possible reasons for wanting a big crowd for that game, with preferences:-

1 Potential new Owners ✓ 
    2 to Improve our chances of getting through to the next round X
    3 Potential additional Investors X
    4 TS is using it to decide our future at the Valley X
    5 RD & KM doing the Crossbar Challenge 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    swordfish said:
    Possible reasons for wanting a big crowd for that game, with preferences:-

1 Potential new Owners ✓ 
    2 to Improve our chances of getting through to the next round X
    3 Potential additional Investors X
    4 TS is using it to decide our future at the Valley X
    5 RD & KM doing the Crossbar Challenge 🤣
    5 would be worth turning up for on it's own... 😂😂
  • Options
    Then show them some of the This is The Valley videos from a few years ago. Sums up what once was and what could again be better than 9,300 for Brighton
  • Options
    "Soon.... Everything will change...."
  • Options
    I'm not sure many of our so called fans deserve a decent owner.
    They won't even part with £15 to see us play a top half Premier League team.
    Some of us have been spending our pennies on away games if that's alright with you.
  • Options
    JordanJLD said:
    There's some sort of understanding that some fans won't pay £25 for L1 football.
    But if our "fans" won't pay £15 to see a top half premier league team above Chelsea in the league, why would anyone think we would have fans that would turn up and back -the team & owners?
    I support Charlton and want them to be a PL team. I don't really care about watching Brighton in that position.
    More proof why we'll struggle to ever make The Prem again. 
  • Options
    JordanJLD said:
    There's some sort of understanding that some fans won't pay £25 for L1 football.
    But if our "fans" won't pay £15 to see a top half premier league team above Chelsea in the league, why would anyone think we would have fans that would turn up and back -the team & owners?
    I support Charlton and want them to be a PL team. I don't really care about watching Brighton in that position.
    Why? Because fans don’t want to pay to watch the opposition? How’s that relevant 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Some of us have been spending our pennies on away games if that's alright with you.
    So you're going to be there or not? 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    No.
    Washing me hair.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    No.
    Washing me hair.
    Beer shampoo mate 😉
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    No.
    Washing me hair.
    To be fair you don't want us to ever get back to The Prem, so it makes sense giving money to the opposing clubs & not Charlton  :D
  • Options
    Just bought mine . 
  • Options
    JordanJLD said:
    Why? Because fans don’t want to pay to watch the opposition? How’s that relevant 
    Because too many don't want to pay to watch Charlton either. 
    Our ground's too big for us. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    No.
    Washing me hair.
    To be fair you don't want us to ever get back to The Prem, so it makes sense giving money to the opposing clubs & not Charlton  :D
    Nope.
    I'm happy for us to get back to the premiership
    I'd just be jacking it in.
  • Options
    edited November 2022