Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney asking for big crowd for Brighton match (Potential Buyers?)

Comments

• Options
    Something must be going on in the background for Peter Varney to come out with that.
    Probably that bloke from Barclays again 
  • Options
    We have some really weird fans.
    As does every club 
  • Options

👍
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I'll bow out for tonight.
    I'm disappointed how many fans we have on here who appear to not want to turn up & support the team.

Especially when Varney is effectively suggesting that new potential owners will be watching & we need to demonstrate we can still turn up in numbers.

I suppose it's not unexpected in truth. 
    I can understand both points of view mate especially with so many false dawns since 2014. I won’t be there but as you know it’s a bit of a trek for me however I’ll be at Morecambe which is more manageable 😉 COYAs.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I'm disappointed how many fans we have on here who appear to not want to turn up & support the team.

Especially when Varney is effectively suggesting that new potential owners will be watching & we need to demonstrate we can still turn up in numbers.

I can understand both points of view mate especially with so many false dawns since 2014. I won’t be there but as you know it’s a bit of a trek for me however I’ll be at Morecambe which is more manageable 😉 COYAs.
    I wouldn't expect anyone to travel long distances for a midweek game (apart from opposition fans  :)
  • Options

Yea it's heartbreaking. This one game might not be a deal clincher rather part of a process. TS hasn't invested last summer and won't in January because he wants out. We need a takeover/investment to avoid League Two in the near future  - so get your arses down there!

I wasn't going to bother as night games difficult for me but now coming with eldest son. Will be good to return to the AC stand, have been Covered End Upper last few seasons after 25 years in East.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

I wouldn't expect anyone to travel long distances for a midweek game (apart from opposition fans  :)
    I gather @dubaicafc is attending.
    Let it go Elfs 😉
  • Options
    My take is more prosaic, and probably wrong. 
    What if PV in some way intimated to the reluctant and sceptical powers that be that we should open the Curbs/East stand for the Brighton game?
    Now that’s happened he would like to show he was right.
  • Options
    And so it begins...

AGAIN!
  • Options
    I'll certainly be there, once Curbs tickets go on sale on Friday, and look forward to seeing our new Qatari owners!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    And so it begins...

AGAIN!
    You beat me to it @soapy_jones

The Frenzy is now officially open;)
  • Options
    I want to send my tickets back now it’s rent a crowd, hate it when it’s busy , too many twunts about (myself and family included) 
    Ah, that's the oohaah we all know & love ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    If a buyer/investor is swayed by a crowd at a one off game - I’d be questioning their business acumen anyway.
    Or see what ‘potential’ we have ? 
  • Options
    Put this on the Sandgaard thread a couple of days ago🤞🤞

Just seen a twitter exchange with Peter Varney about an hour ago. Someone asked him if he was able to help shape the future, his response was 'that would be for other to decide!'. Cryptic comment or wishful thinking???

• Options
    edited November 2022
    seth plum said:
    My take is more prosaic, and probably wrong. 
    What if PV in some way intimated to the reluctant and sceptical powers that be that we should open the Curbs/East stand for the Brighton game?
    Now that’s happened he would like to show he was right.
    Now if you suggested that of Airman Brown I’d be more inclined to agree 😀
  • Options
    JordanJLD said:
    Why not this game on Friday? Or Bristol Rovers in a few weeks. Quite specific just for the Brighton game
    There's some sort of understanding that some fans won't pay £25 for L1 football.
    But if our "fans" won't pay £15 to see a top half premier league team above Chelsea in the league, why would anyone think we would have fans that would turn up and back -the team & owners?
    I support Charlton and want them to be a PL team. I don't really care about watching Brighton in that position.
    More proof why we'll struggle to ever make The Prem again. 
    Why? Because fans don’t want to pay to watch the opposition? How’s that relevant 
    Because too many don't want to pay to watch Charlton either. 
    Our ground's too big for us. 
    Minor obstacle. We’ll get 15k back if we got to the Champ under a half decent owner. Then that would grow steadily if we became an established champ outfit 
  • Options

👍
    ali ?
  • Options
    Most bizarre fanbase going