Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney asking for big crowd for Brighton match (Potential Buyers?)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    On the basis of naff all, I'll throw Inneos into the mix, who don't own a British Club AFAIK. Charlton Grenadiers anyone?
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    On the basis of naff all, I'll throw Inneos into the mix, who don't own a British Club AFAIK. Charlton Grenadiers anyone?
    Aren't they lining up to buy Man United? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    swordfish said:
    Aren't they lining up to buy Man United? 
    So my wife's just told me. Good job that someone in this house isn't as small world as me.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Let's not get carried away by this unknown potential new owner, who knows if he can even write a good song?
    Sexist 

I've heard it's a Katrien backed consortium
  • Options
    It'll probably just be about some pitch side advertising
    Won't it?
    He's tweeted cos he still can't get an answer from anybody at CAFC, Katrien's management legacy undimmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I personally think people are overthinking it, and it's just a (relatively) high profile Charlton fan who wants to see a big crowd for what is likely to be our biggest game of the season.  
    It’s certainly more than just that. How much more is however a different thing.
  • Options
    Has anybody asked Peter directly?
    Might save the stress on a few keyboards...
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Yes
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    So the game he is hinting to us  to attend happens to be a couple of days AFTER the world cup final.

Perhaps it could indicate where a potential suitor is based or just that they are at the World Cup and won't be around until then

Who knows....

The New owners in Bartrams before Brighton game...

See the source image
    Do they have a tardis thats taken them back to 2014, impressive!!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Is this another Red Herring or any coloured fish for that matter?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    I’m sure if he wanted to expand on what he’s written he would. It’s perfectly obvious what his intention was - it’s signalling that there is interest, which is consistent with other information I and others have. 

He’s not saying that the club has been sold or will be sold if 20,000 turn up for Brighton. He’s saying as much as he can.

PV is experienced enough to know what he was doing and that the next question after the Brighton game will be, “well?” - so you have to assume there is substance to it.

Based on the outcome of the game and the favourable away end acoustics, the answer will be brighton!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    I’m sure if he wanted to expand on what he’s written he would. It’s perfectly obvious what his intention was - it’s signalling that there is interest, which is consistent with other information I and others have. 

He’s not saying that the club has been sold or will be sold if 20,000 turn up for Brighton. He’s saying as much as he can.

PV is experienced enough to know what he was doing and that the next question after the Brighton game will be, “well?” - so you have to assume there is substance to it.

@AirmanAirman Brown" from what you’ve heard, is this a potential investor or a lock stock buyer? 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    I would advise any prospective new owners to avoid two statements of intent, 'We will never again have to sell our young players' and 'We will be in the Premiership in five years time' .
    "Our young players will be in the Premiership in five years time"
  • Options
    Relax everyone. It's a 4 year deal with the Valley Cafe.  If you show a match ticket you get a free pork sausage OR they put butter on your roll. STAND DOWN.

Should this be in the innuendo thread BTW?
  • Options
    Gutted, I’m in france on a pre Xmas trip, won’t be on a eurotunnel train back until 6:30 in the evening 
  • Options
    I’ll be going to this, always was - haven’t got my ticket yet - have they opened the north upper yet ? Not a proper game without it open 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I’ll be going to this, always was - haven’t got my ticket yet - have they opened the north upper yet ? Not a proper game without it open 
    Been open from the outset, I believe. Got my normal ST seats for this.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    For months I've been reading posts on here asking what fans can do to influence the current downward trajectory of the Club. PV has made a constructive suggestion in that he believes we can potentially make a difference by turning up for this game.

Fans will have all sorts of reasons for not going, mine being geographic, but as it costs £15 to stand in a very basic ground, not owned by Kettering Town, to watch them fighting relegation in tier six, paying the same at the Valley to see Charlton play Brighton strikes me as fair even though we're not very good.
    Agreed 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Been open from the outset, I believe. Got my normal ST seats for this.
    Ok thanks - should have half a chance of the ground filling up - i genuinely believe that shutting the north upper for the crap games compounds the low crowds even lower 
  • Options
    I thought everyone had left twitter..

its the Carabo cup on a wet dark Wednesday night just before xmas, againt Brighton reserves, £15, 

might be a big ask