Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney asking for big crowd for Brighton match (Potential Buyers?)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    This all sounds pretty imminent.
    Another 2 weeks I suspect....

Edit.

@bobmunro beat me to it.
  • Options
    New Charlton owner to be announced just before Christmas! Yes, it's Santa - in town a few days early.

Dont tell children Father Christmas is real because lying to children  could damage them warn experts  The Independent  The Independent
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Only gives gifts once a year...

SANTA OUT
    If it's in the transfer window, I'll take it!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    this opinion piece would suggest that Peter’s prospect is not middle eastern or at least not Saudi nor Qatari. 

Christ, four clubs, all owned by Saudi/Qatari money basically winning all English and European competitions is a dystopia.   
    City and PSG are probably the 2 richest clubs in the world (before the Saudi's took over Newcastle) and have been in the Champions league for years and have never won it.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I'm not going.  As a season ticket holder, I turn up every league game and it's shit.

all this free ticket to non season ticket holder crap but nothing for the loyal supporters who go every week.

this is the opportunity to reward season ticket holders by giving us a free ticket
    The free tickets are given to ST holders to bring a friend... 

Exactly. How does that benefit a season ticket holder? Everyone else gets freebies except loyal season ticket holders
  • Options
    I hear Christmas Day will be moved to 5 December if his takeover goes through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    How long before this thread becomes "Shenanigans 2...The Return".... ;)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Only gives gifts once a year...

SANTA OUT
     Only once a year ?, can he play in a back four ? 
  • Options
    I sit almost in front of Peter in the West Stand and occasionally have a chat with him. I'm sure he won't reveal anything directly but if he is there on Friday Ill keep my ears open.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    shine166 said:
    I'm not going.  As a season ticket holder, I turn up every league game and it's shit.

all this free ticket to non season ticket holder crap but nothing for the loyal supporters who go every week.

this is the opportunity to reward season ticket holders by giving us a free ticket
    The free tickets are given to ST holders to bring a friend... 

Exactly. How does that benefit a season ticket holder? Everyone else gets freebies except loyal season ticket holders
    Are you upset because you haven’t a friend to give a ticket too?
    Yes.and the fact that people on here don't go to league games and are now telling people to go to a cup game.
    Unfortunately true. 
    But I do think that this request is different because of from whom it comes from. Peter Varney.
    If there is a chance of further investment in our Club that will help us progress on and off the pitch, and hopefully get us out of this League quicker, then as a loyal season ticket holder one would hope that you, and the rest of us that do go, will try and attend if we have the time and money to do so.
    The freebie’s bit is another argument altogether and I don’t believe it is relevant in this instance.
  • Options
    I believe Airman has said that for there to be serious buyers there has to be serious sellers.
    At the present time we seem to be locked in to a slow death by a thousand cuts scenario.
  • Options
    I get all the scepticism / erring with caution which is VERY wise given the previous false dawns. But wtf can we hope for, the current ownership is a joke we have to keep hoping for a change that does work which to me is more likely than it ever going right under Sandgaard. 

Just turn up.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I get all the scepticism / erring with caution which is VERY wise given the previous false dawns. But wtf can we hope for, the current ownership is a joke we have to keep hoping for a change that does work which to me is more likely than it ever going right under Sandgaard. 

Just turn up.
    But why not turn up on a league game, or indeed every league game? Shows a bigger commitment to the club, and 20k against some tinpot northern outpost with 250 away fans is far more impressive than scraping 20k together whilst giving up 6k tickets to a premier league outfit in a glory cup game with cheap tickets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    When someone yells 'SHARK', everyone gets out of the water!

Edit - So When Seagulls, flock to the Valley, it's not because they think hot dogs, will be thrown.
  • Options
    New Charlton owner to be announced just before Christmas! Yes, it's Santa - in town a few days early.

Dont tell children Father Christmas is real because lying to children  could damage them warn experts  The Independent  The Independent
    Socks for Christmas it is then!
  • Options
    The reported 100 who went to Plymouth the other day for the silly buggers cup are the equivalent of 5000 premiership armchair glory hunters.
    Take prospective buyers away to Morecambe I reckon, there you may not see quantity, but you will see quality.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Seems like every Christmas since i can remember theres a rumour of a takeover, how many actually happen , not getting my hopes up , crushed too many times, are we an attractive proposition?

Edit - well i know i am, but i'm off the market! :blush:
  • Options
    JordanJLD said:
    Why not this game on Friday? Or Bristol Rovers in a few weeks. Quite specific just for the Brighton game
    There's some sort of understanding that some fans won't pay £25 for L1 football.
    But if our "fans" won't pay £15 to see a top half premier league team above Chelsea in the league, why would anyone think we would have fans that would turn up and back -the team & owners?
    Absolutely spot on. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The reported 100 who went to Plymouth the other day for the silly buggers cup are the equivalent of 5000 premiership armchair glory hunters.
    Take prospective buyers away to Morecambe I reckon, there you may not see quantity, but you will see quality.
    I suspect up to half of the 100 were players’ comps, a fair number of which were never used.
  • Options

Is he still going out with that same old bag? 😉
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I suspect up to half of the 100 were players’ comps, a fair number of which were never used.
    Ssssshh, don’t tell them that!
    Addicks physically at Stockport County next Wednesday would be the equivalent of Manchester United fans at a ratio of 100 to 1.
  • Options
    Or could this be a cunning, Waco attempt, which will see Varney carted off in a straight jacket foaming at the mouth and screaming obscenities? 

Just playing Devils Advocate.