Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard Out! - massive secondhand embarrassment warning for p7.

Comments

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Could someone "musical" not do a version of Addicks to Anarchy perhaps in a George Formby style (turned out shite again"), and see how the deluded guitarist likes that.

Anyone got the lyrics?
  • Options
    Another false dawn - 

We know what is needed - tens of millions to be spent every year, year on year, to build a squad capable of competing - 

To compete in the Championship we need to lost 20 - 30 mill a year - 

The days of the premier league are very unlikely to come again - 

So we will be an entity that loses money for the rest of it's history - 

An owner that can ACTUALLY progress us needs to be able to recognise that from minute one. 

So they need extraordinary levels of funds to burn and at that realisation it becomes clear that they should invest elsewhere. 

So to get from league one to the the championship we need someone spending a decent amount on players and wages - something this guy isn't prepared to do.

It's looking very bleak - 

• Options
    mascot88 said:
    Another false dawn - 

We know what is needed - tens of millions to be spent every year, year on year, to build a squad capable of competing - 

An owner that can ACTUALLY progress us needs to be able to recognise that from minute one. 

So they need extraordinary levels of funds to burn and at that realisation it becomes clear that they should invest elsewhere. 

So to get from league one to the the championship we need someone spending a decent amount on players and wages - something this guy isn't prepared to do.

But every club is in the same boat 
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    Another false dawn - 

To compete in the Championship we need to lost 20 - 30 mill a year

That's 100% not true.
  • Options
    2 D’s in Sandgaard not 1 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is a clue in the word 'supporter' as to the role we are called to play in the club. I suggest those that DON'T support the owner, the players, should call themselves 'destroyers' and find a suitable echo chamber that relates to the role they are called to. For the remainder - let us support the club. In all things. Can you imagine if in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's etc every owner was cursed by his own supporters with every bad run of results and they demanded his head. Shankly, Ramsay, Lyall, Nicholson, Clough, Wenger - none of them would have got to the end of their first season!

It's ridiculous. TS has made decisions that have largely been correct from what I can see.

Buying a club that is about to become extinct - Good decision.
    Adkins - rubbish - sacked - good decision.
    JJ - average at best - sacked - good decision.
    Garner - 5 wins in 20 - rightly sacked.  

Washington released - wrong decision.
    Waiting until 11.59pm on transfer deadline day to balls up the signing of his replacement - wrong decision.

Weighing all things up - I don't think TS is the main problem here. Extremely demanding 'supporters' living in fantasy world could be! Living in past glories could be! We are a third division team with no sense of itself and constantly turning over the playing staff or changing loans. 

I wish BG every success in the future. Like JJ I think he would make a good assistant but not manager. 

If we all believed in fairy tales the world would be a much better place, wouldn't it?

Why do you force mythology into every post? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mascot88 said:
    Another false dawn - 

That's 100% not true.
    Not even close to being true! Although it’s very difficult to compete against the relegated sides with their parachute money 
  • Options
    That banner made me smile more than it ought to.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    2 D’s in Sandgaard not 1 
    Double d = tit. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

That might wind him up even more. I know how it feels everytime someone puts a f*cking 'e' on the end of my name!!
    Bobe? 😂
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    bobmunro said:

That might wind him up even more. I know how it feels everytime someone puts a f*cking 'e' on the end of my name!!
    To slow me 🤷‍♂️😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He needs to go. No manager has a chance with that egotistical prick and his family running this shit show. I totally blame him,its his lack of funding, lack of accepting he needs to take football people on and lack of football club running nous that has us at this point. Im gutted that i wasted my time and money on renewing my season ticket this year. Gutted.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Has anyone noticed he hasn't tweeted once since the end of May? Reckon that's when he checked out mentally and financially
     Did he ever check in mentally?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Has anyone noticed he hasn't tweeted once since the end of May? Reckon that's when he checked out mentally and financially
     Did he ever check in mentally?
    His ego checked in for a time
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mascot88 said:
    Another false dawn - 

That's 100% not true.
    IF we have any chance of competing in the higher echelons of the championship then we would we need to buy players on decent wages and we would need to lose that much money per year - 

how else would we compete with with prem teams on parachute payments? 

Or is it more of a 15mill loss flirting with relegation each year? 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    mascot88 said:
    Another false dawn - 

But every club is in the same boat 
    yeah exactly - We just these buyers to be honest and to recognise that what they are trying to achieve is very difficult unless they throw tens of millions at it - over and above the standard losses the club has when they buy in. 

• Options
    The only scenario that makes sense to me is Sandgaard is hoping to get a few million for Leaburn in January, then he will walk with it.