Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard Out! - massive secondhand embarrassment warning for p7.

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I don't think is a matter if he is going to be gone now, more of when!! Sooner rather than later I hope!
    Have you heard something then?
  • Options
    The darkest hour is just before dawn.  If yesterday wasn't the darkest hopefully Saturday will be...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The darkest hour is just before dawn.  If yesterday wasn't the darkest hopefully Saturday will be...
    Hopefully not! I’m going and if England lose v France that’ll be a double whammy 😩. Save it for Brighton it’s only a cup game 😏.
  • Options
    If Tommy wants out, what is his next move?

does he make funds available in January and possibly include these in a deal or does he do nothing.

if he spends money in jan, he might not get that back. If he does nothing, we could go down and he will have a league 2 club worth even less.
  • Options

does he make funds available in January and possibly include these in a deal or does he do nothing.

if he spends money in jan, he might not get that back. If he does nothing, we could go down and he will have a league 2 club worth even less.
    He sells what he can sell, hard to see beyond Leaburn, and then he is off like the narcissistic Cnut he is and always was.
  • Options

Don't think January makes any difference, has no plans to spend any money.. Maybe a couple of loans and a few will go
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Don't think January makes any difference, has no plans to spend any money.. Maybe a couple of loans and a few will go
    If there is uncertainty around the owner and the manager getting rid of any dead wood would be a lot harder.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I don't think is a matter if he is going to be gone now, more of when!! Sooner rather than later I hope!
    Just he is done now! 
    Hope you’re right but how do you explain sacking Garner? I struggle to believe the theory it was paid for by the new owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless a minted buyer is lined up that may get Tommy some of his money back, I can't see how this ends well. He cannot continue to fund the ongoing losses and he can't just walk away.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Surely it can’t get much darker than last night
  • Options
    I also very nearly went to Stockport last night as I’m not too far away. Was quite glad I didn’t!
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    I very nearly went to Stockport yesterday. It’s about an hour from where I live but decided against having to make the return journey across the pennines late at night in freezing conditions. Never have I ever been as grateful for sub zero temperatures. Quite how this club we support manages to keep finding new ways to plumb the depths is a mystery. I suppose the lack of any immediate threat of the club disappearing is the only positive I can currently think of. Everything else stinks to high heaven. I couldn’t make much sense of last nights team selection and am now genuinely worried that we’re going to get relegated. I’ve no idea if Sandgaard is going to sell or how close any sale might be but the club I support is dying on its arse in full view of everyone and it hurts to see it. I feel no connection to any of the players and have never been so apathetic towards Charlton. Not even sure if I can get the fire in my belly back. 
    An hour from Shooters Hill to Stockport? Remind me never to get in a car with you! B)

Edit- I'd love too see a map showing the geographic dispersal of CL contributors! 
    Just me an my old drinking buddy Ronnie down here in Plymouth 😉
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    I very nearly went to Stockport yesterday. It’s about an hour from where I live but decided against having to make the return journey across the pennines late at night in freezing conditions. Never have I ever been as grateful for sub zero temperatures. Quite how this club we support manages to keep finding new ways to plumb the depths is a mystery. I suppose the lack of any immediate threat of the club disappearing is the only positive I can currently think of. Everything else stinks to high heaven. I couldn’t make much sense of last nights team selection and am now genuinely worried that we’re going to get relegated. I’ve no idea if Sandgaard is going to sell or how close any sale might be but the club I support is dying on its arse in full view of everyone and it hurts to see it. I feel no connection to any of the players and have never been so apathetic towards Charlton. Not even sure if I can get the fire in my belly back. 
    An hour from Shooters Hill to Stockport? Remind me never to get in a car with you! B)

Edit- I'd love too see a map showing the geographic dispersal of CL contributors! 
    A map would be no good, you’d need a globe 😉.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Ricky Gervais is unlikely to care but he should be made aware of this particular fame hungry tosser because he will enjoy taking the piss and its a useful reminder as to why many European countries created their own version of the office 
  • Options
    Chief entertainment officer 

That's painful 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Just he is done now! 
    This would be the greatest news. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Chief entertainment officer 

That's painful 
    Shame he’s not created much of that on the pitch for us 😏
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Unless a minted buyer is lined up that may get Tommy some of his money back, I can't see how this ends well. He cannot continue to fund the ongoing losses and he can't just walk away.
    this is 100% bang on imo. TS came in and spent alot of money ( badly ) expecting to "blow the League away" and when that didnt happen he got a reality check on what he had spent without any progress At that point he had a choice to make, either double down and go again having learned from the mistakes or shut up shop and attempt to stem the losses, he has chosen the 2nd option which he is perfectly entitled to do, unfortunately the stupid decisions keep happening and now he has alienated the fanbase ( never a good idea ) appears to have a back office of unhappy staff at the club, a squad of demotivated and under performing players. January will come and any player worth anything that he can sell will be gone, they will be replaced either by youth players or bargin basement free transfers and the decline will continue. I never ever thought I would say this but relegation is on the cards this season I think. His overheads will kill him no matter how much cost cutting he tries to do as you cannot reduce "fixed" overheads and getting rid of backroom staff is just a tiny proportion compared to the fixed costs like rent etc. If there isnt something going on in the background re new ownership TS and the club are in a very bad place as eventually he will have no choice but to get the liabilities away from him and that means "crooks" are back in the game 
  • Options
    How much is this costing him per month to keep us afloat?

There's no benefit for him now, I think we'll forever be grateful for saving us from Southall etc. But he's losing money, has no assets to sell and the club is going backwards. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    bobmunro said:
    this is 100% bang on imo. TS came in and spent alot of money ( badly ) expecting to "blow the League away" and when that didnt happen he got a reality check on what he had spent without any progress At that point he had a choice to make, either double down and go again having learned from the mistakes or shut up shop and attempt to stem the losses, he has chosen the 2nd option which he is perfectly entitled to do, unfortunately the stupid decisions keep happening and now he has alienated the fanbase ( never a good idea ) appears to have a back office of unhappy staff at the club, a squad of demotivated and under performing players. January will come and any player worth anything that he can sell will be gone, they will be replaced either by youth players or bargin basement free transfers and the decline will continue. I never ever thought I would say this but relegation is on the cards this season I think. His overheads will kill him no matter how much cost cutting he tries to do as you cannot reduce "fixed" overheads and getting rid of backroom staff is just a tiny proportion compared to the fixed costs like rent etc. If there isnt something going on in the background re new ownership TS and the club are in a very bad place as eventually he will have no choice but to get the liabilities away from him and that means "crooks" are back in the game 
    The biggest overhead, the only one that could ever be reduced enough to make a really meaningful impact on the losses we currently make, is player salaries. 
  • Options
    I like playing guitar and I love music. 

Sandgaard sort of makes that mindset less cool and less appealing.

If I ever master the blues and get a music PhD in a few years, sue me.

I wont be able to brag about it just incase I develop some smuggaard 
  • Options
    How much is this costing him per month to keep us afloat?

There's no benefit for him now, I think we'll forever be grateful for saving us from Southall etc. But he's losing money, has no assets to sell and the club is going backwards. 
    Best guess about half a million quid.

The best solution would be for him to give it away ASAP on the hope of getting a few quid someway down the line.

Holding out for his money back will cost him a fortune.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    bobmunro said:
    Yeah I think you're spot on. He'll put a price on us which will recover his losses, but it will be mental. So no sensible buyer will be interested & like you say, we're left with the Bassini type nut-jobs or "crooks". He doesn't give a shit as long as he gets most of his money back like RD & Southall. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Just he is done now!

Are you saying he has made that decision? If so the sooner he sells the better for him as he will continue to lose money. This idea that we would get sevral million for Leaburn is a joke. 
  • Options
    I wonder what the terms of the lease are? It would be unusual but sometimes they can have a change of ownership clause in them. This could be a problem for a new buyer.