Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard Out! - massive secondhand embarrassment warning for p7.

Comments

• Options
    The crooks have no money. That's the point!

Roland left money in the club, but that was because they offered him £50m for the club.

TS won't leave money in and the crooks won't have anything to pay him with / buy the club from him.

Only a new owner with actually enough cash to pay bills and pay TS wlll be the next owner.

For how long they have cash and whether they know how to run the club is unknown but nobody, with no money, will be able to take CAFC off TS' hands.

TS will use Freshfields to do his paperwork and they'll not sell to somebody who doesn't frontload real cash and has real assets behind them.

Now we need to hope and prey there is somebody out there.

January will be a bloodbath otherwise.

• Options

Dave2l said:
    I like playing guitar and I love music. 

Sandgaard sort of makes that mindset less cool and less appealing.

If I ever master the blues and get a music PhD in a few years, sue me.

I wont be able to brag about it just incase I develop some smuggaard 
    Me too. You either play for your own benefit or for that of an audience. You don't force it on an audience.

• Options
    Oh the children at have got a treat coming to them in a minute. 
    You will listen, put your books down ffs 😂

• Options

Dave2l said:
    I like playing guitar and I love music. 

Sandgaard sort of makes that mindset less cool and less appealing.

If I ever master the blues and get a music PhD in a few years, sue me.

I wont be able to brag about it just incase I develop some smuggaard 
    Me too. You either play for your own benefit or for that of an audience. You don't force it on an audience.

Agree his forceful nature and behaviour is a tad pathetic

• Options
    gormless total bellend will never get that they're all grimacing not smiling and laughing at him out of crippling embarrassment

wanking on his planks in his Colorado offices is still a bit too close to SE7 for my liking

he needs to be finding potential buyers for Charlton
    his opportunity to install a competent football club board has long gone
    his ego multiplied by his idiocy has cost him many millions and may be costing us our club

Happy New Year Addicks!
  • Options
    For the youngster, the thread title needs changes, it should be out out, not just out, as I understanding from 'getting down with the kids' out and out out are completely different things these days!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I very nearly went to Stockport yesterday. It’s about an hour from where I live but decided against having to make the return journey across the pennines late at night in freezing conditions. Never have I ever been as grateful for sub zero temperatures. Quite how this club we support manages to keep finding new ways to plumb the depths is a mystery. I suppose the lack of any immediate threat of the club disappearing is the only positive I can currently think of. Everything else stinks to high heaven. I couldn’t make much sense of last nights team selection and am now genuinely worried that we’re going to get relegated. I’ve no idea if Sandgaard is going to sell or how close any sale might be but the club I support is dying on its arse in full view of everyone and it hurts to see it. I feel no connection to any of the players and have never been so apathetic towards Charlton. Not even sure if I can get the fire in my belly back. 
    I think you’ll find it takes more than an hour to get from Shooters Hill to Stockport. Also going across the Pennines is the long way round. Have you used Waze … M1 / M5 is the better route 

doh .. just seen the Swordfish response 🙄
  • Options
    Honestly think the only way up for us is if a Charlton supporter becomes chairman (the example being Tony Bloom at Brighton). Otherwise its going to be one chancer after another just trying to make money out of us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Honestly think the only way up for us is if a Charlton supporter becomes chairman (the example being Tony Bloom at Brighton). Otherwise its going to be one chancer after another just trying to make money out of us. 
    Tony Bloom is a Brighton fan and close to being a billionaire - there are plenty of Charlton fans who would want to be Chairman, but the second bit has to come with it as well.  
    When you taking over then Bob  :D
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    bobmunro said:
    Tony Bloom is a Brighton fan and close to being a billionaire - there are plenty of Charlton fans who would want to be Chairman, but the second bit has to come with it as well.  
    When you taking over then Bob  :D
    Sadly, I am not quite in Tony Bloom's league!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How much is this costing him per month to keep us afloat?

There's no benefit for him now, I think we'll forever be grateful for saving us from Southall etc. But he's losing money, has no assets to sell and the club is going backwards. 
    Best guess about half a million quid.

The best solution would be for him to give it away ASAP on the hope of getting a few quid someway down the line.

Holding out for his money back will cost him a fortune.
    I can only assume his pride is what is preventing this if there is anyone that wants to take it off his hands.  He probably feels like a complete fool for wasting so much money, but outside of his thoughts, family and close circle of friends, no one cares if he failed.  It's not like he lives over here, or has had anything to do with the UK before.  He'll just be another bloke who owned a football club.  As a CEO of successful company - and relatively speaking, Zynex are successful, he must know he's staring into financial oblivion if he continues to hold on

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How much is this costing him per month to keep us afloat?

There's no benefit for him now, I think we'll forever be grateful for saving us from Southall etc. But he's losing money, has no assets to sell and the club is going backwards. 
    Best guess about half a million quid.

The best solution would be for him to give it away ASAP on the hope of getting a few quid someway down the line.

Holding out for his money back will cost him a fortune.
    I can only assume his pride is what is preventing this if there is anyone that wants to take it off his hands.  He probably feels like a complete fool for wasting so much money, but outside of his thoughts, family and close circle of friends, no one cares if he failed.  It's not like he lives over here, or has had anything to do with the UK before.  He'll just be another bloke who owned a football club.  As a CEO of successful company - and relatively speaking, Zynex are successful, he must know he's staring into financial oblivion if he continues to hold on

Sometimes (like with RD) it takes a while as they are so deluded that they know best and think they can turn things around. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Unless a minted buyer is lined up that may get Tommy some of his money back, I can't see how this ends well. He cannot continue to fund the ongoing losses and he can't just walk away.
    This is where I’m at. Sandgaard has virtually nothing to sell and therefore a very poor hand in any negotiations. I’m definitely now worried that his ego is going to override any of the obvious business sense he has. His determination in buying the club under very awkward circumstances shows the man can be very single minded. No idea where this ends but I just know we have some rough water ahead.
  • Options
    I assume staff morale is lower now then it was in comparison to the Roland years.

I doubt no one thought it could get much lower then it was during Roland's ownership.

I suppose different problems and alternative obstacles but the weight of the current problem may seem and feel heavier for everyone involved.

Simon Jordan loves an argument and never holds back. Will Sandgaard return for a chat on talksport?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    I very nearly went to Stockport yesterday. It’s about an hour from where I live but decided against having to make the return journey across the pennines late at night in freezing conditions. Never have I ever been as grateful for sub zero temperatures. Quite how this club we support manages to keep finding new ways to plumb the depths is a mystery. I suppose the lack of any immediate threat of the club disappearing is the only positive I can currently think of. Everything else stinks to high heaven. I couldn’t make much sense of last nights team selection and am now genuinely worried that we’re going to get relegated. I’ve no idea if Sandgaard is going to sell or how close any sale might be but the club I support is dying on its arse in full view of everyone and it hurts to see it. I feel no connection to any of the players and have never been so apathetic towards Charlton. Not even sure if I can get the fire in my belly back. 
    I think you’ll find it takes more than an hour to get from Shooters Hill to Stockport. Also going across the Pennines is the long way round. Have you used Waze … M1 / M5 is the better route 

For clarity to both you and swordfish, I’m now located in West Yorkshire. I always thought that not getting to The Valley would be an enormous wrench but funnily enough over the last two years it hasn’t been as bad as I thought. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

For clarity to both you and swordfish, I’m now located in West Yorkshire. I always thought that not getting to The Valley would be an enormous wrench but funnily enough over the last two years it hasn’t been as bad as I thought. 
    Being exiled on the other side of the Pennines has had the same effect!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Unless a minted buyer is lined up that may get Tommy some of his money back, I can't see how this ends well. He cannot continue to fund the ongoing losses and he can't just walk away.
    He can walk away. If he sells players our only assest, then he will get less money for the club that is swings and roundabouts.
    He needs to sell even at a loss otherwise he has to continue funding the losses. Going into admin would near him losing more money.
    Just hope he is not a stubborn man who thinks he can revolutionise the way football is run in this country.
  • Options
    How can they stand up for those they work with @Swisdom , when they see incidents of former staff being forced off site with their new employers.
    Not for forgetting the those responsible like to isolate the individuals they target so there're no witnesses staff just see upset staff returning to their desk or taking a moment to compose themselves.
    These guys (and girls) have still got bills to pay and need their jobs, when I attended The Valley after the Upbeats walk after it was public knowledge I was responsible for  one individual being reported to the owners, I actively stayed away from members of staff so not associate myself with them as I already as I'd already been told I was being watched from upstairs. They told staff to notify them when the bloke with the dog leaves the Valley
    I know there have been incidents in one individuals previous employers, I also now know it goes on in other clubs and some stuff thats been sent to me is now in the hands of the police such is the severity.
    Ive spoken to the police on several occassions and if I had factual evidence we could act, bullys they maybe stupid they are not.
  • Options
    Feck me, I'd come out of retirement to work for you @bobmunro ;)
    Ive walked out of someones office where I've been ripped a new a5eh*le but I left feeling they may have a point. 
    Respect is earned. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Has anyone noticed he hasn't tweeted once since the end of May? Reckon that's when he checked out mentally and financially
    I reckon that's when he sacked the poor sod who ran his Charlton twitter for him...
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    How can they stand up for those they work with @Swisdom , when they see incidents of former staff being forced off site with their new employers.
    Not for forgetting the those responsible like to isolate the individuals they target so there're no witnesses staff just see upset staff returning to their desk or taking a moment to compose themselves.
    These guys (and girls) have still got bills to pay and need their jobs, when I attended The Valley after the Upbeats walk after it was public knowledge I was responsible for  one individual being reported to the owners, I actively stayed away from members of staff so not associate myself with them as I already as I'd already been told I was being watched from upstairs. They told staff to notify them when the bloke with the dog leaves the Valley
    I know there have been incidents in one individuals previous employers, I also now know it goes on in other clubs and some stuff thats been sent to me is now in the hands of the police such is the severity.
    Ive spoken to the police on several occassions and if I had factual evidence we could act, bullys they maybe stupid they are not.
    I agree it's incredibly hard but it's not too dissimilar to how you've been with Nathan.  You see the injustice and you tell people about it.  I appreciate it's so so so hard to do when a person needs their job but this just empowers the bully.