Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard Out! - massive secondhand embarrassment warning for p7.

Comments

• No. It shows whoever is advising him and told him that was a good idea is a moron ! Either that or they are purposely making him look like a total idiot. Either way it doesnt show his judgement in a very good light. He is now turning out to be that embarrassing Uncle who is pissed up at a family party
  • Solidgone said:
    I think there are some nasty comments on here about TS in this video clip. The guy is obviously being directed by the photographer to get the right photograph. I’m sure if you saw similar videos of other photo shoots  by models there would be some similarity with awkward poses, although a lot more prettier 🥸 
    Why is the owner doing a stylised photoshoot in the shirt in the first place?
    There’s nowt as queer as folk
  • Intoxicated by his own pomposity.
    AndyG said:
    No. It shows whoever is advising him and told him that was a good idea is a moron ! Either that or they are purposely making him look like a total idiot. Either way it doesnt show his judgement in a very good light. He is now turning out to be that embarrassing Uncle who is pissed up at a family party

Yep.  Don't recall Bob Whitehand, Martin Simons or Richard Murray behaving like this.
  • I’ve watched that about 30 times now, feel strange.
    Watched what?
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    No. It shows whoever is advising him and told him that was a good idea is a moron ! Either that or they are purposely making him look like a total idiot. Either way it doesnt show his judgement in a very good light. He is now turning out to be that embarrassing Uncle who is pissed up at a family party
    i was saying what 95% of the support base would of said back in 2020. The bloke is not only an embarrassment, a fool and a deluded individual but from a number of accounts he is also a bit of nasty individual (staff etc).

Once I heard his five year plan i thought get real mate ffs. Same when he said about us becoming a break even club. Bloke knows as much about football as i do about Zynex's medical devises. As in, fuck all. 
    Spot on.
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’ve watched that about 30 times now, feel strange.
    Watched what?
    Thomas’s Tiger impression…
  • Honestly play that loudly without headphones on a train and everyone will think you're watching an 80s German x rated clip
    It's no too easy to watch phone videos on the train when standing up. Obviously don't have that problem if you've got yourself a seat
  • Solidgone said:
    I think there are some nasty comments on here about TS in this video clip. The guy is obviously being directed by the photographer to get the right photograph. I’m sure if you saw similar videos of other photo shoots  by models there would be some similarity with awkward poses, although a lot more prettier 🥸 
    Why is the owner doing a stylised photoshoot in the shirt in the first place?
    Of course I agree we’d rather he didn’t and was more in the background but he clearly bought the club to indulge himself. Very hands on in discussing the squad is a bigger issue in my mind. His choice whilst paying the bills however. 

Sadly we all know the names of too many chairman / owners around the country and long gone are the days of anonymous benefactors. He is just a very extreme example with a very thick skin it seems. 

I suspect he isn’t particularly embarrassed by this. As others have said he is responding to a photographers direction after all. 

When the cash losses get too painful then he will move on and will look back and have to balance if the ‘fun’ he had was worth the financial commitment. 
  • edited December 2022
    It is cringe, but it seems like it's being aired as a great exploit.
  • Sponsored links:

• It completely sums up his tenure..
    A complete joke. For him and us.
    I don't for one moment think that he has ever taken this whole vanity project/mid life crisis hobby or whatever this is? serious from day one. 

Nob head.
  • It completely sums up his tenure..
    A complete joke. For him and us.
    I don't for one moment think that he has ever taken this whole vanity project/mid life crisis hobby or whatever this is? serious from day one. 

Nob head.
    When you’re losing as much money as he is, I think it’s difficult not to take it seriously. I agree it’s been a bit of a vanity project but I don’t agree he doesn’t care, his actions show that. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Solidgone said:
    Agree completely

these photoshoots are notoriously awkward.  Some people love them and the chance to show off. Others dread them because for every “cool” photo that comes from them there are loads more where people look special….  

Some of the comments are rather distasteful in my opinion given he is, as things stand, our owner.
    we shouldn’t forget he came in when we were on our knees.  He came in with good intentions. I don’t think he knew what he was getting into financially but for all the people ripping the piss and calling him a loser …..I’d love to be worth a few hundred million pounds!

in summary he DID save us but soon realised he had misjudged the financial requirements.  Presumably he didn’t have the right people advising him…just as with his recruitment at Charlton you could say!  It does seem as if we are in the “last days of Rome” phase of his ownership but he has certainly not been malicious to the point he should be getting some of the abuse he is.   It just isn’t working out.  
    This is letting him off the hook too easily. He had plenty of good advice, especially early on, which he ignored because it didn’t suit him. He deliberately cut himself off from people, like Varney, who had the experience on the ground.

Ultimately he surrounded himself with people who would only tell him what he wanted to hear, knowing they wouldn’t last long otherwise, and who would just take his money for as long as he was willing to hand it over.

There’s a level on which Thomas is amenable and enthusiastic, which are good personal qualities, but even now he is trying to rubbish Garner behind the scenes after the event. It appears that he doesn’t have either the humility or insight to realise, never mind admit, that the mess is his and Raelynn’s.
    None of the guitar nonsense or shirt posing bothers me but unrealistic cost cutting, getting rid of and allegedly mistreating good staff, interfering with the football side of things and not funding a squad capable of promotion does - if we were top of the league nobody would be bothered by his ‘showmanship’ - I’m sure he knows he’s ducked it all up so the quickest way we can get the ownership into better hands is all that matters really 
  • The bloke has no class and he’s a knob.
  • Intoxicated by his own pomposity.
    AndyG said:

Yep.  Don't recall Bob Whitehand, Martin Simons or Richard Murray behaving like this.
    In public anyway
    Did not have players celebration videos either back then .. or the full guess who I am video when a player signs it’s the way of the world can’t believe the fuss people making out of it ..