Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard Out! - massive secondhand embarrassment warning for p7.

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Solidgone said:
    I think there are some nasty comments on here about TS in this video clip. The guy is obviously being directed by the photographer to get the right photograph. I’m sure if you saw similar videos of other photo shoots  by models there would be some similarity with awkward poses, although a lot more prettier 🥸 
    Agree completely

these photoshoots are notoriously awkward.  Some people love them and the chance to show off. Others dread them because for every “cool” photo that comes from them there are loads more where people look special….  

Some of the comments are rather distasteful in my opinion given he is, as things stand, our owner.
    we shouldn’t forget he came in when we were on our knees.  He came in with good intentions. I don’t think he knew what he was getting into financially but for all the people ripping the piss and calling him a loser …..I’d love to be worth a few hundred million pounds!

in summary he DID save us but soon realised he had misjudged the financial requirements.  Presumably he didn’t have the right people advising him…just as with his recruitment at Charlton you could say!  It does seem as if we are in the “last days of Rome” phase of his ownership but he has certainly not been malicious to the point he should be getting some of the abuse he is.   It just isn’t working out.  
    We ignoring the culture at the club and the allegations of bullying that are coming out?
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Swisdom said:
    Solidgone said:
    I think there are some nasty comments on here about TS in this video clip. The guy is obviously being directed by the photographer to get the right photograph. I’m sure if you saw similar videos of other photo shoots  by models there would be some similarity with awkward poses, although a lot more prettier 🥸 
    Agree completely

these photoshoots are notoriously awkward.  Some people love them and the chance to show off. Others dread them because for every “cool” photo that comes from them there are loads more where people look special….  

Some of the comments are rather distasteful in my opinion given he is, as things stand, our owner.
    we shouldn’t forget he came in when we were on our knees.  He came in with good intentions. I don’t think he knew what he was getting into financially but for all the people ripping the piss and calling him a loser …..I’d love to be worth a few hundred million pounds!

in summary he DID save us but soon realised he had misjudged the financial requirements.  Presumably he didn’t have the right people advising him…just as with his recruitment at Charlton you could say!  It does seem as if we are in the “last days of Rome” phase of his ownership but he has certainly not been malicious to the point he should be getting some of the abuse he is.   It just isn’t working out.  
    Maybe a bunch of flowers is in order?

Narcissi?
    Pansies ?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Solidgone said:
    Agree completely

I agree with pretty much all of you comments mate and tbh I defended TS alot on here but the last few months have been ridiculous. The transfer window, the stories coming out of the club re staff treatment, his family making decisions and undermining people who are paid to do a job. It has all just gone too far for him and the club imo and it is best for everyone if he finds a way out. That photo shoot is something of nothing really but I question his judgement as why on earth would he think it necessary if not to fan his own ego ? Is there any reason to think that whatever photos are chosen are going to promote the club in any sensible way ? He is the football version of one of those minor celebrities that make up the numbers in a reality tv show that nobody has ever heard of
  • Options
    I kinda wish I wash watching one of those feel good factor films with some popcorn, where the baddie TS causes so much grief, then turns it all around, and they all lived happily ever after! Our position is the other way round and we have the big bad wolf, where the only winner will be the fans who support the club, for me now back to Port v Maroc !
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Swisdom said:
    Solidgone said:
    Agree completely

This is letting him off the hook too easily. He had plenty of good advice, especially early on, which he ignored because it didn’t suit him. He deliberately cut himself off from people, like Varney, who had the experience on the ground.

Ultimately he surrounded himself with people who would only tell him what he wanted to hear, knowing they wouldn’t last long otherwise, and who would just take his money for as long as he was willing to hand it over.

There’s a level on which Thomas is amenable and enthusiastic, which are good personal qualities, but even now he is trying to rubbish Garner behind the scenes after the event. It appears that he doesn’t have either the humility or insight to realise, never mind admit, that the mess is his and Raelynn’s.
    Best three paragraph summary of the entire situation.

IMO, going back to the clip, while cringeworthy and not something I would do myself, if he wants to be part of it, let him have his fun. 

Hardly anyone would care or take the piss if the team was winning games and getting promoted. 

But they’re not and he’s only got himself to blame for leaving his reputation open to this.
  • Options
    Intoxicated by his own pomposity.
    AndyG said:
    No. It shows whoever is advising him and told him that was a good idea is a moron ! Either that or they are purposely making him look like a total idiot. Either way it doesnt show his judgement in a very good light. He is now turning out to be that embarrassing Uncle who is pissed up at a family party

Yep.  Don't recall Bob Whitehand, Martin Simons or Richard Murray behaving like this.
    In public anyway
    Did not have players celebration videos either back then .. or the full guess who I am video when a player signs it’s the way of the world can’t believe the fuss people making out of it .. 
    Dear oh dear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Solidgone said:
    Agree completely

This is letting him off the hook too easily. He had plenty of good advice, especially early on, which he ignored because it didn’t suit him. He deliberately cut himself off from people, like Varney, who had the experience on the ground.

Ultimately he surrounded himself with people who would only tell him what he wanted to hear, knowing they wouldn’t last long otherwise, and who would just take his money for as long as he was willing to hand it over.

There’s a level on which Thomas is amenable and enthusiastic, which are good personal qualities, but even now he is trying to rubbish Garner behind the scenes after the event. It appears that he doesn’t have either the humility or insight to realise, never mind admit, that the mess is his and Raelynn’s.
    Curious. What is he doing on this front?
  • Options
    It completely sums up his tenure..
    A complete joke. For him and us.
    I don't for one moment think that he has ever taken this whole vanity project/mid life crisis hobby or whatever this is? serious from day one. 

Nob head.
    I think he took it seriously at first, he did spend money on some players, did up the training ground, signed up young players to longer contracts. But a few months in i think it finally dawned on him that even getting out of league one wasn't going to be as easy as he'd clearly envisaged. And once he realised that, and obviously how much it was going to cost him, he then lost interest.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I like to believe I'm one of the more articulate posters on CL 🙄 👎 but fuckerty, fuck, on this  morning after the night before that instead of feeling all happy and looking forward to a WC semi final against the underdogs Morroco we now are back to the rudderless, inadequate, non achieves that have blighted our lives for ever and Sandgaard is just the latest that thought it was his way or the highway. 

Ok, so no Semi final against Morocco in World cup but a drab League 1 game against Bristol Rovers where Cafc need 3 points so we don't get caught in the quick sand of relegation. 

Why the fuck didn't anyone realize that Sandgaard isn't spelt Sangaard  when the big banner was displayed in front of the TV cameras in our humiliation against Stockport. 

Was it a deliberate mistake 🤔 or does dyslexia rule ko ?

Have a nice week 😢
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I just want to add on that photoshoot - he's been screwed by someone filming it (or stupid enough to think someone should film it). doing that kind of stuff to get a single image is pretty normal. In the context of a single image it works (if you like that sort of picture) but looks extremely stupid at the time. I'd also say that I give him credit for throwing himself at it, most people would be too self concsious to go for it and the images are weaker as a result. 

Ultimately, the problem was that someone videoed the thing! 
    He who lives by the sword dies by the sword 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Why is the owner doing a stylised photoshoot in the shirt in the first place?
    He sticks £6-8M into the club a year keeping it going. If he wants to do a stylised photoshoot supporting the team it really doesn't matter.  
    You moaned at RD for showing no passion, now an owner can show too much passion.

Don't get me wrong TS has run his course and make bad choices but as fans we do moan about the strangest things.
    Or do we?
  • Options
    I like to believe I'm one of the more articulate posters on CL 🙄 👎 but fuckerty, fuck, on this  morning after the night before that instead of feeling all happy and looking forward to a WC semi final against the underdogs Morroco we now are back to the rudderless, inadequate, non achieves that have blighted our lives for ever and Sandgaard is just the latest that thought it was his way or the highway. 

Ok, so no Semi final against Morocco in World cup but a drab League 1 game against Bristol Rovers where Cafc need 3 points so we don't get caught in the quick sand of relegation. 

Why the fuck didn't anyone realize that Sandgaard isn't spelt Sangaard  when the big banner was displayed in front of the TV cameras in our humiliation against Stockport. 

Have a nice week 😢
    Does seem odd to spend time and/or money on making a banner like that and get the spelling wrong. But I doubt many neutral viewers would know or care. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    JamesSeed said:

Have a nice week 😢
    Does seem odd to spend time and/or money on making a banner like that and get the spelling wrong. But I doubt many neutral viewers would know or care. 

Neutral viewers will just think Charlton athletic fans/critics are professional moaners with a bad side who can't accept they are an established League 1 side who have more chance of League 2 than the Championship and are gutted at the state of our railways !

I still feel that so much damage has been inflicted on Cafc over the last decade plus the never ending injuries which in some cases are self inflicted because of getting players with dubious records of fitness. Thomas Sandgaard best work was in seeing off the odious Matthew Southall but he has the opposite of the Midas touch when it comes to the football side and the way to treat staff. 

Definitely bigger problems than the ability to spell names correctly for Charlton fans/Critics.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheer up lads an lasses, Michael Appleton will be available very soon........
  • Options
    It is if he prioritises it over staff welfare, and let’s face it there’s a fair chance he has.
  • Options
    I don't buy some on here defending him, saying he was ill advised. Nobody advises him, as he knows better than anyone and this was just another one of his ego trips. As for a previous comment (can't remember who said it) that he bought the club with good intentions, but underestimated the cost of running it, well, that just confirms the man's an idiot he can't be bothered to do his homework. I'm sure if he had the right team behind him from the start, they could have given him a fairly accurate figure of what the running costs would have been and the fact that a substantial amount would also be needed to build a squad capable of "blowing this league out of the water". 

This man deserves no thanks or sympathy as far as I'm concerned

He did for seeing off Matthew Southall and Co but he just isn't Hollywood Wrexham glitter more of an Colorado Charlton  medical enema up the arse. No wonder we can't keep clean sheets !
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Why is the owner doing a stylised photoshoot in the shirt in the first place?
    He sticks £6-8M into the club a year keeping it going. If he wants to do a stylised photoshoot supporting the team it really doesn't matter.  
    You moaned at RD for showing no passion, now an owner can show too much passion.

Don't get me wrong TS has run his course and make bad choices but as fans we do moan about the strangest things.
    I agree if he wants to make himself look ridiculous that’s his lookout, but of course it tells you plenty about who he is.

Is the passion here for Charlton or himself?

I don't know. When he first bought us I am fairly certain it was for both.  I imagine that now he is getting abuse whilst chucking his £6-7M pa at the club it is more for himself.

His mistakes, his problem of course.
  • Options
    I don't buy some on here defending him, saying he was ill advised. Nobody advises him, as he knows better than anyone and this was just another one of his ego trips. As for a previous comment (can't remember who said it) that he bought the club with good intentions, but underestimated the cost of running it, well, that just confirms the man's an idiot he can't be bothered to do his homework. I'm sure if he had the right team behind him from the start, they could have given him a fairly accurate figure of what the running costs would have been and the fact that a substantial amount would also be needed to build a squad capable of "blowing this league out of the water". 

This man deserves no thanks or sympathy as far as I'm concerned
    Sometimes the best quality is knowing what you don't know. I don't think this is a quality Sandgaard possesses. 
  • Options
    Just glad i told both him and his Mrs to there faces how shit his addicts to victory song is at the night with curbs do last year
    What response did you get back?