Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard Out! - massive secondhand embarrassment warning for p7.

Comments

• Options
    I fail to see the point in employing a manager and then not giving them the time and budget to execute a plan. This has seemingly happened twice in a row, and indicates this owner is out if his depth. In both experience of running a club and financially.
  • Options
    I fail to see the point in employing a manager and then not giving them the time and budget to execute a plan. This has seemingly happened twice in a row, and indicates this owner is out if his depth. In both experience of running a club and financially.
    "Indicate" is, IMO, an extremely kind word to use in this context.....
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    For every defence of the owner, I’ll bring to the table a phone call, a email or text from an ex or current employee that’s been humiliated, belittled, intimidated or bullied under his ownership. 
    Thats appalling to treat staff like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    supaclive said:
    He doesn't care about the staff.   He doesn't care about the team.   He doesn't care about his long term involvement in the business.   He wants out and he thinks he should get a premium for the monies he's "invested" (wasted) on Senior management hires, managers, players and everything else.

He has confirmed he is stubborn.  I would use arrogant and ignorant.   He will ultimately leave with his tail between his legs, sporting a massive loss.

But when.   That is the ultimate question.
    It would be nice if he could f**k off sharpish so we can try and avoid relegation.

I'm not holding my breath though, and realistically this really doesn't look or sound good.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Charlton Supporters are in a Catch 22 position with Thomas Sandgaard. Since the holiday romance is heading for divorce, what is stopping him just getting rid to another Southall/Elliott type of operation who may just be more interested in our academy similar to Crewe Alexander under Dario Gradi who got a fee allegedly every time the likes of Murphy, Ashton, Johnston, were sold. Yo-yoing between league 1+2 as they were a factory farm for young players.

Could definitely see a consortium of Scouts, ex players, and coaches who have made money from youth players putting in a bid because they are only interested in having control of the only assets that TS owns which is the players and most importantly the young players who have any worth.
    They are not interested in the stadium or Sparrows unless they were going for a song which obviously they are not under Roland Duchatelet's tenure. 

We are revisiting Woolwich metaphorically speaking, on another freezing night with even less chance of getting anywhere. Those guys on the ground floor back in the day in Woolwich who said they would rather be in League 2 with a decent owner/owners may still get their wish if it isn't already too late for a decent owner ?

Hadn't read @KingKinsella fine words  before posting but the Siberian Woolwich experience in black and white revisited my memory.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    It's the Thomas Sandgaard "Charlton persona", the same PR freight train one that he burst onto the scene all of twitter with. 

Plenty of people called him a bellend then, even more so now. Not liking the fella much and thinking he was/wasn't a bad owner weren't one of the same but certain people decided it was. All the twitter guff, the behind the scenes goings-on (sackings, treatment, rumours etc) has always been there, except from last summer to october there was an obvious bad guy to blame because unlike Tom, evil genius Ged Roddy didn't introduce himself by wanking off Charlton fans left right and centre and was stuck in a role he didn't suit, so every time Sandgaard did one of his weekly SLP interviews or whatever it was always "Ged Roddy's told him to say that" (high press, players that don't chase the long ball bla bla bla) 

Oh yeah, where's my 8 million, stop hounding the man, etc etc

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the Thomas Sandgaard "Charlton persona", the same PR freight train one that he burst onto the scene all of twitter with. 

Plenty of people called him a bellend then, even more so now. Not liking the fella much and thinking he was/wasn't a bad owner weren't one of the same but certain people decided it was. All the twitter guff, the behind the scenes goings-on (sackings, treatment, rumours etc) has always been there, except from last summer to october there was an obvious bad guy to blame because unlike Tom, evil genius Ged Roddy didn't introduce himself by wanking off Charlton fans left right and centre and was stuck in a role he didn't suit, so every time Sandgaard did one of his weekly SLP interviews or whatever it was always "Ged Roddy's told him to say that" (high press, players that don't chase the long ball bla bla bla) 

+1 Internet point for you for calling it before others
  • Options
    3 minutes worth of video of Sandgaard entertaining his staff.
    https://www.zynex.com/careers/
  • Options
    I didn't find him annoying at all. I had the video on silent.
  • Options
    Even better if you'd worn a blindfold.
  • Options

Ged Roddy wrote the EPPP regulation which helped to further destroy the academies specifically of clubs like ours and Crewe by giving no recognition of the many years of incredible work we did but push entirely towards wealthier teams.  He didn't even index link the payments the lower league teams receive. He wasn't an evil genius, he was a nob.
  • Options
    Jesus H Christ what a tit.
    You can bet all the arse lickers rush out and start clapping along. Promotion isn't based on ability but how much head banging you do. FFS
  • Options
    Jesus H Christ what a tit.
    You can bet all the arse lickers rush out and start clapping along. Promotion isn't based on ability but how much head banging you do. FFS
    AND banjo banging ? 
  • Options
    Even better if you'd worn a blindfold.
    Didn't think to try that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addicks to Victory. It's not available on DVD/cassette/12' vinyl/minidisk is it?  Because if it is I am burning my Christmas tree down with all the presents around it, just to be safe!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I think there are some nasty comments on here about TS in this video clip. The guy is obviously being directed by the photographer to get the right photograph. I’m sure if you saw similar videos of other photo shoots  by models there would be some similarity with awkward poses, although a lot more prettier 🥸 
    Why is the owner doing a stylised photoshoot in the shirt in the first place?
    He sticks £6-8M into the club a year keeping it going. If he wants to do a stylised photoshoot supporting the team it really doesn't matter.  
    You moaned at RD for showing no passion, now an owner can show too much passion.

Don't get me wrong TS has run his course and make bad choices but as fans we do moan about the strangest things.

Is the passion here for Charlton or himself?
    It’s a good question.  But I could question the same about many people on the Charlton scene who’ve put a hell of a lot less money (real or comparative) into the running of our club. 

Sandgaard’s ego is clear and not up for debate (though I strongly think it masks insecurities and a more introverted personality than most imagine). 

If we were doing ok then his quirkiness and public displays would be a tolerated, if we were doing well and outperforming they’d be smiled at and probably encouraged. But we’re not, the opposite. And as such they just look embarrassing. 

I’m confident we won’t be seeing them again though. 
    Or the man himself ? 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I think there are some nasty comments on here about TS in this video clip. The guy is obviously being directed by the photographer to get the right photograph. I’m sure if you saw similar videos of other photo shoots  by models there would be some similarity with awkward poses, although a lot more prettier 🥸 
    He sticks £6-8M into the club a year keeping it going. If he wants to do a stylised photoshoot supporting the team it really doesn't matter.  
    You moaned at RD for showing no passion, now an owner can show too much passion.

Don't get me wrong TS has run his course and make bad choices but as fans we do moan about the strangest things.

It’s a good question.  But I could question the same about many people on the Charlton scene who’ve put a hell of a lot less money (real or comparative) into the running of our club. 

Sandgaard’s ego is clear and not up for debate (though I strongly think it masks insecurities and a more introverted personality than most imagine). 

If we were doing ok then his quirkiness and public displays would be a tolerated, if we were doing well and outperforming they’d be smiled at and probably encouraged. But we’re not, the opposite. And as such they just look embarrassing. 

I met him in the pub once and got chatting one on one for a little bit. Whilst he was very polite and willing to chat I also got the impression that there’s a shyness there which was quite surprising at the time.
  • Options
    If he's an insecure introvert going through a mid life crises then that's not as bad.

He does need to apply for a Britain's got talent audition though. Use the Charlton problem as a sob story, promote himself, sell the club to someone who can afford the valley 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Solidgone said:

I met him in the pub once and got chatting one on one for a little bit. Whilst he was very polite and willing to chat I also got the impression that there’s a shyness there which was quite surprising at the time.

Maybe his missus has all the front?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Solidgone said:

She definitely does  ;)
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Solidgone said:

She definitely does  ;)

Are you saying she is also a flirt?
  • Options
  • Options
    Just glad i told both him and his Mrs to there faces how shit his addicts to victory song is at the night with curbs do last year
    What response did you get back?
    He flashed his veneer Gnashers she bounced over and told me it is good I looked at her tits and licked my lips after that its all a dream
    Doesn't sound like a clean-sheet dream though.