Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Could it be because Garner introduced Jake Forster Caskey to first team league football of late, and that has cost Sandgaard money and he is pissed off?

I heard a couple of months ago now that Garner had, how do I put it, overridden a football decision of another member of staff that wasn't well received. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn the camp generally is far from harmonious. 
    Sorry I don’t follow.  You mean he override TS?
    Probably Raelyn, or whatever her name is. 
  • Options
    Time to shoot the messenger.
    F*ck! I hope no one actually shot the messenger? I was only kidding, honest.
  • Options
    I havent missed a game home or away either at the game or via the stream for years. After this that's it for me until the twat is gone and that is from someone who defended him but this is just plain stupid. I dread to think what the idiot is going to do next. 
  • Options
    Garner will be in the Championship before we will under TS. That's a fact. 
    Maybe as a paying spectator but not as a manager. Odd to me how many rate him. Was dreadful at Rovers, ok in L2 at Swindon (they don't exactly seem to be missing him now) and under performed his meagre hand with us; frankly just joining us and buying the American's "storey" is evidence of his lack of judgement.  He will be lucky to get another managerial job imo and will join the long line of managers that have left us recently to do little else in the game of note.

He was a bad appointment and then not backed.  TS to blame for that (again); he openly praised his son for this appointment so where does that leave him.  Then again he openly praised him for our recruitment and that is awful.  What a mess we have become.

I cling to the hope the sale of the club is all but done and this is the new owners doing but realistically this appears evidence that we are stuck with the hapless and destructive force that is TS.

• Options
    Oh FFS the bloke is totally deluded who the hell will manage us under him
    Didn't really warm to Garner but he was passionate had a plan and in the end had no chance. You need 18 months at least and worryingly that culture he talked of is still there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    How a couple of days can change your mood..
    All those magic memories of 30 years ago were there to be rujuvenated and remembered with great affection on Friday, but ended up down the bog with all the other piss after that farce that was dished up, now TS has succeeded in topping up the hangover with this ludicrous sacking of Ben...lost for words with this much loved and lamented great club of ours regarding where we will end up, really am....
  • Options
    Dowie has ruled himself IN for the Charlton job!!!!
  • Options
    Would take Jackett
  • Options
    it’s got to the point now that i don’t care anymore. The club is rudderless and will be until TS sells
  • Options
    Our club is now a total embarrassment. Feel totally let down by Sandgaard and his amateur approach to running a football club. Wonder who the next poor sucker will be?
  • Options
    I fuckin give up. Get away from here Sandgaard
  • Options
    have never liked TS or his family, in his latter days RD was better for the club, feel sorry for Garner and hope he got a good pay off, however it is a good time to start a new manager with a transfer window soon, think of all those new loans we can have.
  • Options
    Clubs a complete mess. Garner has been far from perfect, but what's he meant to do with no backing and a egotistical cretin as an owner? Good luck to the next mug. Probably get his weasel of a son in next.
    One thing I will say is that his son is not a weasel, he’s a likeable enough young fella.
    Yes, but he's surely not qualified to run a professional football club?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Fumbluff said:
    Swisdom said:
    Ted Lasso incoming

Imagine….the charm of Lasso paired with that super-powerful shot… E-I-E-I-E-I up the football league we go
     Would make Carol Fry look like Shankly, Ferguson and Alf Ramsey rolled into one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone notice a certain person missing from the England dugout the other night?
    Would Chris Powell really leave the World Cup to discuss a League One job
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Just seen him (SCP) on the ITV news overseeing England squad training today.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He was at the training session shown today, so he's still in Qatar
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Hope not 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He was there - pictured in the tunnel
    before kick off. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Just seen him (SCP) on the ITV news overseeing England squad training today.
    But could have been on a Zoom call during the match.
  • Options
    Basket case of a club.

Whether he was good enough to succeed remains unknown but regardless he was set up to fail.

I think his determination to stick to a style of football for which we didn’t really have the players means he probably wouldn’t have succeeded without significant funds, but he was never really given a proper chance. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Id like to see someone with no coaching badges take the helm - mike basset will do me - sick of listening toa ll this high block, low block, high press, transitionDDOUBLEE said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Hope not 
    And yet you think Scott Parker would genuinely interested in coming here you moron
    Post of the day