Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Chunes said:
    Anyone notice a certain person missing from the England dugout the other night?
    Would Chris Powell really leave the World Cup to discuss a League One job
    Chunes said:
    Hope not 
    Put your CV in Ronnie you and Sandy would be a match made in heaven 😏.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Is Powell at the World Cup? I haven't seen him
    on the bench?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    on the bench?
    Yeah. Have seen him there
  • Options
    Jackett? So garner was appointed to change the culture of the club. Jacket is a long ball merchant! 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    on the bench?
    He is.

And he definitely isn’t coming back to manage Charlton. 
  • Options
    How strange, I noticed that myself after the game when everybody was jumping round celebrating.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Sounds like Sandgaard can't sack anyone to their face, so just like Johnnie Jackson, it's from stateside.

I still feel gutted for JJ and Ben Garner knew he had no chance as the window shut.*
    Clusterfuck on and off the pitch. 

The aim should be to stay up and Sandgaard needs an exit plan.

*I knew we had no chance and it didn't take Ben long to say top six would be difficult.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Kenny  Jackett - putting his previous to one side, we could do a lot worse - and probably will 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Tony Watt signs new deal - Motherwell Football Club

That's "Tom", Tony, stand down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disgrace. We are a great club and don't deserve what has happened over a number of years now. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A couple of pages behind but Kenny Jacket.
    Hope this is wrong
    People turning their nose up at Kenny Jacket reminds me of the summer when many turned their nose up at Bonne. We ended up with no additional striker. We won’t get a better manager than Jacket. 
    Agree but Jacket knows that managing us would be more trouble than it’s worth. He won’t touch us with a barge pole.
  • Options
    from the BBC website .. Sandy speaks .. Addicks owner Thomas Sandgaard said the search for Garner's successor was under way, with a caretaker to be appointed.

"In his time at Charlton, the club have achieved some standout results, including big wins against some of the better teams in this league," Sandgaard said of Garner.

"Unfortunately, we haven't been able to sustain a consistency of results and our league position and recent form have left us in a situation where we had to act to give ourselves the best opportunity to get the most from this season as well as building a positive and winning environment for future years.

It's not the wins against the "better" teams that's the thing to focus on......its the losses against the teams at the bottom thats are worry. And we have a game against the very same on Saturday. 
  • Options
    You’ve got to laugh; we’re an absolute joke shop.
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    How strange, I noticed that myself after the game when everybody was jumping round celebrating.
    Might have been giving Sterling some moral support to cope with the terrible issues his family were dealing with before flying back.
  • Options
    Sterling had to go home as his place got burgled 
  • Options
    Garners sacking was nothing to do with results. More to do with telling this awful owner what he didn't want to hear about his abysmal tenure.

#sandgaardout
    We can't be sure about this but it is highly plausible.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Hope this is wrong
    People turning their nose up at Kenny Jacket reminds me of the summer when many turned their nose up at Bonne. We ended up with no additional striker. We won’t get a better manager than Jacket. 
    Agree but Jacket knows that managing us would be more trouble than it’s worth. He won’t touch us with a barge pole.
    I mean never underestimate what a football manager who is out of work and whose stock has sunk will do for money. 
  • Options
    Ffs. Everything’s already been said above so I’ll just add - joke of a club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    late to the thread but... just for my own personal peace of mind and wellbeing, have we done the Appleton picture and "Curbs 14-1" posts yet?
  • Options
    alan dugdale said:
    Ffs. Everything’s already been said above so I’ll just add - joke of a club.

A joke that stopped being funny a long time ago.

• Options
    FFS... Kenny Jackett?

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Hope this is wrong
    The guy was last sacked from Leyton Orient I don't think he's going to be too fussy
  • Options
    Jackett would have been good about 6 years ago, now not so sure 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Could it be because Garner introduced Jake Forster Caskey to first team league football of late, and that has cost Sandgaard money and he is pissed off?

I heard a couple of months ago now that Garner had, how do I put it, overridden a football decision of another member of staff that wasn't well received. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn the camp generally is far from harmonious. 
    Sorry I don’t follow.  You mean he override TS?
    No. Another football staffer.
  • Options
    So are we singing ‘Kenny Jackets red and white army’ up At Morecambe on Saturday then or not? If so I need to get some practice in 😉.
  • Options
    Anybody who has been out of football for the last 10 - 15 years please - sick of these modem tactics 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Is his thinking throw enough balls at the coconuts and you'll eventually knock one off and strike it lucky. Looks like the approach to me. Ridiculous. 
  • Options
    @Maccn05
    Again apologies appear due. 

You were right, the guy is egotistical and a maniac. Results haven't been great but as he's proven with Jackson, Adkins and Now Garner he isn't wealthy enough to either be patient or afford the type of gamble we needed.