Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    I can't see this on Twitter, can someone post please?
    Probably because it's a load of bollox. 

Anyone can start anything on twitter. Unless anyone on here is in the know or has any even vague knowledge I'd say its all bollox.

That aged well
    And they say a stopped clock is right twice a day .....
  • Options
    Don't think we'll see a permanent manager this side of January.  I'd appoint Hayes as caretaker with advice/support from Curbs while they either search for a manager who can strengthen the team in January to his style or "hold the fort" until new owners of investment secured.
  • Options
    This is utter madness.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Dave2l said:
    Garner wanted out but refused to resign.

He played the game, so that he got his pay off and can move on elsewhere, and won't appear to be in the wrong. 

Sandgaards shit but there's two sides to every story.

Garner will get another job very quickly. He's probably already got one. 

You don't work for the daily star do you. Face facts rather than inventing them, Sandgaard appointed Garner and failed to back him, Sandgaard sold two forwards and never replaced them, they were gone before Garner got here. Sandgaard has sacked numerous staff at the club, contrary to UK employment law, or did they all engineer their own dismissals as they had jobs waiting for them. Sandgaard is destroying this club and driving supporters away, or have the supporters left because they have season tickets waiting for them at other clubs.  
        Well Said 👍👍👍
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Could it be because Garner introduced Jake Forster Caskey to first team league football of late, and that has cost Sandgaard money and he is pissed off?

I heard a couple of months ago now that Garner had, how do I put it, overridden a football decision of another member of staff that wasn't well received. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn the camp generally is far from harmonious. 
    Sorry I don’t follow.  You mean he override TS?
    No. Another football staffer.
    Sorry I am being dense. Can you elaborate as I just don’t follow. 
  • Options
    Hayes and Pearce for the Cup replay I would assume ?
  • Options
    I argued Garner had to go - he was tactically naive, even though TS did not invest.

I don’t care about Garner.

In a way, whilst TS and RD are involved in the club we are doomed.

Club needs a new owners and both TS and RD must have no involvement.

More protests now needed 

• Options
    Ffs. Everything’s already been said above so I’ll just add - joke of a club an owner.

• Options
    We've been served up a banquet of mediocrity over the last few years. In those terms, we've just finished the cheese and biscuits and are now starting on the brandy and cigars 😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hayes and Pearce for the Cup replay I would assume ?
    With Russell & Bromley taking over for the league games, with a front three of Freeman Hardy Willis. It matters not now as everyone realises that any manager is going to be shafted from the start by Sandgaard. 
  • Options
    Sandgaard has flown back to the States so he doesn't have to listen to the boos and the call for him and his son's head in the coming weeks. I'll be very surprised if the stupid chunt shows his face at The Valley again
  • Options
    Reading without comment
  • Options
    This was grimly predictable .  I don’t say he’s done that well but I don’t see who could with that squad and that ownership.  We really are at rock bottom 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Jackett? So garner was appointed to change the culture of the club. Jacket is a long ball merchant! 
    What type of ball merchant your next manager is should be the least of your worries. 

You need a steady and calm head to steady the very rocky ship charlton seem to be on. 

You could do a lot worse than Kenny Jackett. 

God knows what they make of Brazil tonight...

Most won't know a long ball merchant or hoofball if it hit them on the head...
  • Options
    You know what, I just can’t be bothered with all of this shit anymore. If I could get a refund on my two season tickets, I would. We have become such a clusterfuck of a club, is it any wonder that loyal, longstanding supporters are deserting in their droves. A very, very sad situation
  • Options
    We havent lost to Stockport yet

(theyre at evens, I'm on it)
  • Options
    Does this mean “HMS Piss The League” has a new captain…. and is back on course… Hooray !
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    This was grimly predictable .  I don’t say he’s done that well but I don’t see who could with that squad and that ownership.  We really are at rock bottom 
    Dont you believe it. You wait til we play Stockport.
  • Options
    You know what, I always laughed off them Martin sandgaard comments about taking over as manager  but I’m starting to think it could happen. 
    Yup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Dont you believe it. You wait til we play Stockport.
    That was a guaranteed defeat even with Garner 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Gribbo said:
    I can't see this on Twitter, can someone post please?
    Probably because it's a load of bollox. 

Anyone can start anything on twitter. Unless anyone on here is in the know or has any even vague knowledge I'd say its all bollox.

That aged well
    "Mmmmm. That's not just bollocks"
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Sandgaard has flown back to the States so he doesn't have to listen to the boos and the call for him and his son's head in the coming weeks. I'll be very surprised if the stupid chunt shows his face at The Valley again
    As there will be less than 200 at either Stockport or Morecambe, the boos wouldn't be very loud anyway...
  • Options
    I wonder how long it will take everyone to turn the shock into anger.
  • Options
    Jackett? So garner was appointed to change the culture of the club. Jacket is a long ball merchant! 
    What type of ball merchant your next manager is should be the least of your worries

You need a steady and calm head to steady the very rocky ship charlton seem to be on. 

You could do a lot worse than Kenny Jackett. 

Said this from day one. Sandgaards obsession with style shows how out of his depth he is.
    The only priority should be getting out of this shit pit league by any means possible. Fair or foul. Pretty or ugly. It really doesn't matter.
    People aren't turning up to see total football.
    Exactly 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    MrWalker said:
    I would like a memory eraser for Christmas that will allow me to forget I am a Charlton fan! Are there any on ebay?
    See some suggestions on the brandy thread
    Metaxa 2 star is your best friend. (Apparently)  
  • Options
    Well if nothing else it creates some interest given the standard of football isn’t able to do the same. 

I just don’t know how to interpret this. 

On balance does it mean TS is less likely to exit because he has taken this action and needs to protect our league one starts as a minimum by getting in someone better than BG  or is he (as others suggested) doing the dirty work on behalf of a new owner?

Even if the cost of getting rid of BG is minimal (given it’s so soon) it’s more expense to recruit someone new even if we don’t pay big bucks. 

It’s strange.