Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• edited December 2022
    Outside punt.....Duncan Ferguson.  Doubt he'd take a league one job, but ive always thought he'd make a decent manager. 

Zero chance though I'd imagine 
    PMSL at the thought of that one. Particularly the mental image of him chinning MS for telling him he couldn't sign the players we need to strengthen.
    ETA: great minds think alike, @ricky_otto :)
  • I’ll take your Duncan Ferguson and raise u a Roy Keane or Joey Barton - let’s have some fireworks 💥 
  • edited December 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    I’ll take your Duncan Ferguson and raise u a Roy Keane or Joey Barton - let’s have some fireworks 💥 
    Thomas is getting on a bit so why not Souness,  make it a bit fairer, then Martin could "discover" Paul Pogba 🤔 
  • How about Rooney as our next manager?

He could use The Oaks on the A20 for digs, and a step away from SL
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    I’ll take your Duncan Ferguson and raise u a Roy Keane or Joey Barton - let’s have some fireworks 💥 
    I really hope we appoint a lunatic. It’s about the only entertainment value we would get. 
    Di Canio it is then...
  • DOUCHER said:
    I really hope we appoint a lunatic. It’s about the only entertainment value we would get. 
    Realistically we may have to settle with John ‘bring your dinner’ Sitton - he’ll do for me - in the boardroom -  You  you c&&t and you, you big ‘c&&t - I’ll see u both in makros car park and bring your f&&king guitar !!! 

I’m sure he’d make use of the Millers in Bexley too
  • Even more bad news, the millers is closing on dec 18th
  • Shag said:
    Even more bad news, the millers is closing on dec 18th
    That’s why garners thrown the towel in 

Plumstead Corner would be busy….😀
  • in fact u need a towel to go there - my mate got soaked by a bird who was having a piss in the doorway who got punched by a bouncer - true story - what a place 
  • edited December 2022
    The thing is, I can tell you why we have such an issue scoring against teams that play deep, no matter how shit those teams are. I have been saying it for a while. What I can't tell you is with what we have, how we fix that. If a team is open and tries to beat us, we have far more chance as we do have decent players for the level, we just having glaring holes in key positions. This is unforgiveable ineptitude.

Unless Garner wanted to go into the season with the striking options he did, I can't see how he can be blamed or indeed judged too harshly. It is basic football knowledge. We went into the season where if Stockley was injured, we had only unproven kids to rely on. What sort of club does that? A Mickey Mouse one, that's what! Yes Sandgaard, you have created the worst Charlton team in our memories and do you think we should be grateful to you for it?

• Sponsored links:

• Anyone notice a certain person missing from the England dugout the other night?
    Sterling had to go home as his place got burgled 
    Was it you? B)
  • RedChaser said:
    So are we singing ‘Kenny Jackets red and white army’ up At Morecambe on Saturday then or not? If so I need to get some practice in 😉.
    It'll be easy mate, you spout enough s*** as it is.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I shouldn’t but part of me hopes he appoints his son, just for the laugh 😂 
    I was thinking the very same thing Doucher, get old 'Thunder Boots' in there. Sandgaard has made a big enough prat of himself so far, but I reckon with an ego that big there's room for more. 
    Only appointing raylean could surpass the potential for comedy 
    I bet she looks good in a tracksuit though.
  • Why is Lee Bowyer a favourite?
    great Charlton player etc etc,
    but he would not work for TS and his wanker son……would he ?
    I doubt it 🤣👎
  • Imagine this'll lead to the recall of Sessengnon and Rak-Saki in the window as their respective teams sent them here to play attacking football under Garner.
    They were certainly cheaper (or even free) because of Garner.  His reputation as a manager might not be great but his reputation as coach is outstanding.

Wouldn't surprise me if he calls it a day and goes back to full time coaching.
  • Any decent manager would not work for him unless there was a guaranteed budget they thought they could work with. Seeing as it is likely Garner and Sandgaard have not seen eye to eye on what is needed, I can't see Sandgaard finding money behind the sofa. He needs to go and he needs to go now.
  • Garner was never going to last under this lot.
    Only yes men and bullies thrive under the Sandgaard regime.
    Its why those like burger boy are still here.
    Give Keohane the job, that'll bring stability.