Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• Options
    You know what, I always laughed off them Martin sandgaard comments about taking over as manager  but I’m starting to think it could happen. 
    Yup
    He is in charge anyway, it's just that even Sandgaard realises that openly appointing his know-nothing son would empty the stands quicker than he is at the moment, but as things are panning out the club are reaching the point where the stands will be empty of protest anyway. 
  • Options
    I wonder how long it will take everyone to turn the shock into anger.
    Is anyone shocked? I mean, really?
  • Options
    We are nowhere near rock bottom.
    Our local Derby with Bromley in League 2 next season at Hayes lane when our captain Morgan has a shot and the ball ends up in Normans Park will top that. Manager Dave Jones said after the 3-0 defeat, we move on.

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A couple of pages behind but Kenny Jacket.
    Hope this is wrong
    People turning their nose up at Kenny Jacket reminds me of the summer when many turned their nose up at Bonne. We ended up with no additional striker. We won’t get a better manager than Jacket. 
    Agree but Jacket knows that managing us would be more trouble than it’s worth. He won’t touch us with a barge pole.
    💷…then SACK = 💷💷,can’t see why he wouldn’t pass it by…🤔
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Off_it said:
    wmcf123 said:
    This was grimly predictable .  I don’t say he’s done that well but I don’t see who could with that squad and that ownership.  We really are at rock bottom 
    Dont you believe it. You wait til we play Stockport.
    That was a guaranteed defeat even with Garner 
    Yup.Thank heavens most of the country will be having a night off from football and not watching. 
  • Options
    This too shall pass. 
  • Options
    Not surprised as it’s been on the cards for a few weeks, with Bens outbursts of dismay and it’s something he’s been crying out for. Whoever comes next does knowing they will be gone come the end of the season, such is the state of the clowns running the club. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jackett? So garner was appointed to change the culture of the club. Jacket is a long ball merchant! 
    What type of ball merchant your next manager is should be the least of your worries. 

You need a steady and calm head to steady the very rocky ship charlton seem to be on. 

You could do a lot worse than Kenny Jackett. 

God knows what they make of Brazil tonight...

Most won't know a long ball merchant or hoofball if it hit them on the head...
    Garner modelled our style on Brazil
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel sorry for Garner but I’m not too upset he has gone. 
    Even with this squad, we should be doing better. It’s been abysmal.
    Just worried what TS next ridiculous move will be. 
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    I argued Garner had to go - he was tactically naive, even though TS did not invest.

I don’t care about Garner.

In a way, whilst TS and RD are involved in the club we are doomed.

Club needs a new owners and both TS and RD must have no involvement.

More protests now needed 

Protests hot us Southall and then Sandasgard.
  • Options
    Jackett? So garner was appointed to change the culture of the club. Jacket is a long ball merchant! 
    What type of ball merchant your next manager is should be the least of your worries. 

You need a steady and calm head to steady the very rocky ship charlton seem to be on. 

A guy with a 31% win ratio at his last job in league 2. How's his replacement doing?

he would be another Adkins style appointment. It's a no from me
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Garner but I’m not too upset he has gone. 
    Even with this squad, we should be doing better. It’s been abysmal.
    Just worried what TS next ridiculous move will be. 

No good centre halves and no good/ reliable strikers.  It’s not a recipe for success.  
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Could it be because Garner introduced Jake Forster Caskey to first team league football of late, and that has cost Sandgaard money and he is pissed off?

I heard a couple of months ago now that Garner had, how do I put it, overridden a football decision of another member of staff that wasn't well received. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn the camp generally is far from harmonious. 
    Come on then Seth, spill the beans ?
    I am not saying Garner was right or wrong over the issue, but I heard he wanted a player hooked in a game that then reduced the side to ten men. The player was possibly injured, but might have carried on...I dunno.
    I don't want to elaborate, it was told to me 'sall.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Gribbo said:
    I can't see this on Twitter, can someone post please?
    Probably because it's a load of bollox. 

Anyone can start anything on twitter. Unless anyone on here is in the know or has any even vague knowledge I'd say its all bollox.

That aged well
    Please accept my most humble apologies. Never will I doubt the Gribbo again.

On the subject of the sacking. I don't really know where I stand. The past month or two of football has been abject & we have not been at the races in many games. However, Garner has not been given the tools from day one & not many managers could get a side scoring goals from.a forward line that consisted of Stockley, a player that can only play 30 mins and a youngster that hadn't played a league game at the start of the season. 

I was excited when Garner was appointed aa his Swindon stats said that his teams liked to attack & score goals. Albeit excusing him of the aforementioned striker issue I dont excuse him of his endless passing stats that simply prove that passing is only any use if it ends up with at least a shot at goal. I said at the very start of the season that if you were going to play with wingers as "forwards" and midfielders supporting them then those players have to be goal scoring ones......and sadly too many of them aren't

So, in the end it was inevitable that Garner went, but do I care. Not really. I care about the club but the manager & the players.....nah, not really. 

• Options
    edited December 2022
    "The relationship between Garner and director of analysis Martin Sandgaard had been strained for a number of weeks."

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-sack-ben-garner-as-recent-poor-form-sees-yet-another-managerial-change/
  • Options
    The relationship between Garner and director of analysis Martin Sandgaard had been strained for a number of weeks.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-sack-ben-garner-as-recent-poor-form-sees-yet-another-managerial-change/

There is your culture...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two seasons in a row we've lost to Cheltenham at home and then sacked the manager.

That first half against Cheltenham when we were 2 down and should've been 4 but for Craig Mac ! was about as bad as I can remember. This season Cheltenham were terrible;yet still mugged Cafc after Craig Mac had a mad moment.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

God knows what they make of Brazil tonight...

Most won't know a long ball merchant or hoofball if it hit them on the head...
    He was successful in varying degrees at ours, Swansea and wolves, getting several promotions under his belt, done ok ish at pompey, but for some reason it didn’t work for him at orient. 

He has a hell of a lot of connections in football. Something that could really benefit charlton, seeing as DD doesn’t seem to want to spend any money now. And he can run the playing side of a club from top to bottom. He’s a calm head but doesn’t suffer fools gladly. He could be the perfect fit for you. 
    My point was that sandgaard sacked Jackson because he didn't play a high press, possession based game. That's why garner was appointed. Appointing jackett with his hoofing it up to a big man style goes against everything he has said
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    Ok so when are they going to sack the WANKER of an owner who will not invest in the team 👎👎👎

sacking Garner or the next man in another 6 months will do fuck all.

invest properly or Fuck Off !!!!’
    Who is the "they" that you think can sack an owner?
  • Options
    Two seasons in a row we've lost to Cheltenham at home and then sacked the manager.
    A home loss to Cheltenham deserves the sack
  • Options
    What was the theory with JFC @AFKABartram? I thought this one had played out all season.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Got to be a double promote ffs

@AFKABartram please look into it ;)
    @stig @cabbles, come on lads, you don't promote the post begging for a promote, you promote the original post, surely? :)