Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Imagine this'll lead to the recall of Sessengnon and Rak-Saki in the window as their respective teams sent them here to play attacking football under Garner.
    They were certainly cheaper (or even free) because of Garner.  His reputation as a manager might not be great but his reputation as coach is outstanding.

Wouldn't surprise me if he calls it a day and goes back to full time coaching.
    agreed - my mate's a bristol rovers fan - said he was awful there 
  • 1968CAFC said:
    Why is Lee Bowyer a favourite?
    great Charlton player etc etc,
    but he would not work for TS and his wanker son……would he ?
    I doubt it 🤣👎
    Bowyer would work for anyone who gave him a salary, he worked for Southall for heavens sake but there is no way he is coming back. They will want someone to tow their party line.
  • tom_k said:
    You know things are bad when a Millwall fan doesn’t take the piss about our basket case of a club but actually offers sensible advice on who our next manager should be.
    agreed but don't be fooled - he just wants us to have a millwall reject in charge 
  • tom_k said:
    You know things are bad when a Millwall fan doesn’t take the piss about our basket case of a club but actually offers sensible advice on who our next manager should be.
    Yeh, I bet his family shun him.

Anesthetised against all this shit now. My natural reaction to this is to piss take everything/one Charlton. Don't get joy from that anymore.
  • I wouldn't object to Jacket in charge in principle, but the problem is, if he was desperate enough to work for Sandgaard I probably would. 
  • edited December 2022
    Farsical.

Short List
    1 Who's out at work.
    2 Who's a bit of a masochist/ or been comatose for a year with no sports news.
    3 Who's cheap!
    4 Who's worked in a Lunatic Asylum previously.
    5 Who's desperate!!!! Really Really Really desperate!!!.
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I shouldn’t but part of me hopes he appoints his son, just for the laugh 😂 
    I was thinking the very same thing Doucher, get old 'Thunder Boots' in there. Sandgaard has made a big enough prat of himself so far, but I reckon with an ego that big there's room for more. 
    Only appointing raylean could surpass the potential for comedy 
    I bet she looks good in a tracksuit though.
    Agreed and i think for that reason she's on the shortlist:

Raylean
    Tony Keohane
    Martin Sandgaard
    Graeme Souness
    Mutley
    John Sitton
    Duncan Ferguson
    Alan Curbishley
    Lee Bowyer
    Roy Keane 
    Thomas Sandgaard
    Bar Steward at the Millers 
    Mr Appleton 

At least we know she’s OK with two up front   
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey said:
    Hayes and Pearce for the Cup replay I would assume ?
    With Russell & Bromley taking over for the league games, with a front three of Freeman Hardy Willis. It matters not now as everyone realises that any manager is going to be shafted from the start by Sandgaard. 
    That really made me laugh!!
    Good Arsen, a moment of mirth in a dire situation.  

• sammy391 said:
    Absolute joke decision! 

Garner was expected to get a tune out of a metaphorically dilapidated piano with keys missing! which is falling off a cliff.

sandgaard an absolute clown, and has put us back years! 

Presumably dampens any rumours of a takeover in the near future… or his last roll of the dice??
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I shouldn’t but part of me hopes he appoints his son, just for the laugh 😂 
    I was thinking the very same thing Doucher, get old 'Thunder Boots' in there. Sandgaard has made a big enough prat of himself so far, but I reckon with an ego that big there's room for more. 
    Only appointing raylean could surpass the potential for comedy 
    I bet she looks good in a tracksuit though.
    Agreed and i think for that reason she's on the shortlist:

Raylean
    Tony Keohane
    Martin Sandgaard
    Graeme Souness
    Mutley
    John Sitton
    Duncan Ferguson
    Alan Curbishley
    Lee Bowyer
    Roy Keane 
    Thomas Sandgaard
    Bar Steward at the Millers 
    Mr Appleton 

At least we know she’s OK with two up front   
    the fact she likes to play it around at the back would normally be a positive but we've had enough of that  
  • Bailey said:
    My sincere hope is that Martin gets the job, just so it torments the old man when he has to sack him in six months. 
    Three
  • DOUCHER said:
    tom_k said:
    agreed but don't be fooled - he just wants us to have a millwall reject in charge 
    Lol he actually rejected us in the end. We never got rid of him. 

All jokes aside, I’ve been in Kenny Jacketts company a few times and the man’s a class act. Got nothing but respect for him. If I was a charlton fan I’d made up if he came in to settle the ship. 
    fair enough and i agree - i think he wouldn't be a bad appointment at this moment in time  - and tbf you've got varney and kavanagh so there's no real shame in having employees with 'previous'  
  • IdleHans said:
    Bailey said:
    My sincere hope is that Martin gets the job, just so it torments the old man when he has to sack him in six months. 
    Three
    Three's good
  • Jesus Christ, when the best the press have got is Lofty from Eastenders (c1988)
  •  who in their right mind would work of an owner who’s own ego is bigger than the club he will not properly invest in.
    TS please invest in my wonderful football club 
    or Fuck Off 👍👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Two seasons in a row we've lost to Cheltenham at home and then sacked the manager.
    I don’t have a problem with this per-see
  • Bailey said:
    Dave2l said:
    Garner wanted out but refused to resign.

He played the game, so that he got his pay off and can move on elsewhere, and won't appear to be in the wrong. 

Sandgaards shit but there's two sides to every story.

Garner will get another job very quickly. He's probably already got one. 

You don't work for the daily star do you. Face facts rather than inventing them, Sandgaard appointed Garner and failed to back him, Sandgaard sold two forwards and never replaced them, they were gone before Garner got here. Sandgaard has sacked numerous staff at the club, contrary to UK employment law, or did they all engineer their own dismissals as they had jobs waiting for them. Sandgaard is destroying this club and driving supporters away, or have the supporters left because they have season tickets waiting for them at other clubs.  

I don't disagree with that but I'm not randomly inventing anything. It's putting 2 and 2 together

I highly doubt sandgaard would want to sack garner due to the cost of the contract pay off.

He didn't sack Bowyer and he reluctantly sacked adkins.

He sacked Jackson because his contract made it easier to do so.

It is safe to say garner knew the club had limited ambition and he knew there were a number of off field problems. My guess is there was a disagreement and he felt like giving up. He wasn't exactly begging to keep the job
  • Shag said:
    Even more bad news, the millers is closing on dec 18th
    Hold on. WTAF. Why is there no thread for this on a frickin’ slow news day?
  • There has been a change in Garner's comments of late. Maybe he was trying to be sacked. If he resigned he would lose his pay off I presume. 
  • Bailey said:
    Even with his family connections he wouldn't last six weeks
  • RedChaser said:
    So are we singing ‘Kenny Jackets red and white army’ up At Morecambe on Saturday then or not? If so I need to get some practice in 😉.
    It'll be easy mate, you spout enough s*** as it is.
    That’s rich, yellow card and any more of that and you’ll be off my Christmas card list 😉.
  • Dave2l said:
    Bailey said:
    Dave2l said:
    Garner wanted out but refused to resign.

He played the game, so that he got his pay off and can move on elsewhere, and won't appear to be in the wrong. 

Sandgaards shit but there's two sides to every story.

Garner will get another job very quickly. He's probably already got one. 

You don't work for the daily star do you. Face facts rather than inventing them, Sandgaard appointed Garner and failed to back him, Sandgaard sold two forwards and never replaced them, they were gone before Garner got here. Sandgaard has sacked numerous staff at the club, contrary to UK employment law, or did they all engineer their own dismissals as they had jobs waiting for them. Sandgaard is destroying this club and driving supporters away, or have the supporters left because they have season tickets waiting for them at other clubs.  

I don't disagree with that but I'm not randomly inventing anything. It's putting 2 and 2 together

I highly doubt sandgaard would want to sack garner due to the cost of the contract pay off.

He didn't sack Bowyer and he reluctantly sacked adkins.

He sacked Jackson because his contract made it easier to do so.

It is safe to say garner knew the club had limited ambition and he knew there were a number of off field problems. My guess is there was a disagreement and he felt like giving up. He wasn't exactly begging to keep the job

You underestimate the size of the egos of people like Sandgaard. He would sack him without factoring in pay-offs, simply to show who is in charge. 
  • Ultimately stubborn old Thomas doesn't care
    He wants a high press, low block
    Because Martin tells him so
    Recruitment laughable
    Squad strength terrible
    The people in charge are not respected 
    It's a sinking ship

• DOUCHER said:
    tom_k said:
    Lol he actually rejected us in the end. We never got rid of him. 

All jokes aside, I’ve been in Kenny Jacketts company a few times and the man’s a class act. Got nothing but respect for him. If I was a charlton fan I’d made up if he came in to settle the ship. 
    We'll go for Collins....Phil, No Jackett Required 😎