Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• Options
    If we’re looking for a replacement there’s a local manager in the league below who’s just turned his side around after a poor start and in the league has 4 clean sheets on the spin and 5 wins and 2 draws in his last 7 league games and his team sit 4 points off the play offs .
    downside is his possession stats aren’t high enough .
    And he bleeds Charlton
  • Options
    What effect will this have on likes of Leaburn and Dobson is concerning. Would be on phone to agent asking for ticket out of the circus on January 1st if they see it as much of a shambles as we do.

Doubt many of note will be interested in joining the circus unless we had a decent manager who was backed adequately which doesn't seem to be this regimes way of doing things.
  • Options
    Garners sacking was nothing to do with results. More to do with telling this awful owner what he didn't want to hear about his abysmal tenure.

#sandgaardout
    We can't be sure about this but it is highly plausible.
    There's no conspiracy here Mutts.
    I'm just basing it on what I've heard from Garner pre and post match for weeks now.
    If he was telling us he hasn't been given the tools to do the job one can only imagine he was constantly giving it to Sandgaard.
  • Options
    Has TS made a statement yet. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Kenny  Jackett - putting his previous to one side, we could do a lot worse - and probably will 
    My portsmouth (where he got sacked from) mate's comment:
    "good god don't take him on board unless you want to be sent to sleep...might get you a few wins but the football won't be entertaining. Didn't last long at Orient, can'see him being any good for you. He might be cheap though".
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I shouldn’t but part of me hopes he appoints his son, just for the laugh 😂 
    I was thinking the very same thing Doucher, get old 'Thunder Boots' in there. Sandgaard has made a big enough prat of himself so far, but I reckon with an ego that big there's room for more. 
  • Options
    Garners sacking was nothing to do with results. More to do with telling this awful owner what he didn't want to hear about his abysmal tenure.

#sandgaardout
    I'm just basing it on what I've heard from Garner pre and post match for weeks now.
    If he was telling us he hasn't been given the tools to do the job one can only imagine he was constantly giving it to Sandgaard.
    I know. I am reading into it that Garner demanded what was needed in the next window and Sandgaard doesn't want to supply it. A new manager, like Garner did when he was appointed, will play ball initially as they want the job.
  • Options
    Jackett would have been good about 6 years ago, now not so sure 
    Not advocating Jackett by any means but look at some of the football the dinosaur, hoofball, turgid Mowbray has got Sunderland playing this season.

Managerial success is more if the players are any good and if they respect/like the manager.

Most of them aren't "bad" managers.  I don't buy into yesterday's man, the game doesn't change that much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    late to the thread but... just for my own personal peace of mind and wellbeing, have we done the Appleton picture and "Curbs 14-1" posts yet?
    I think we had Curbs but no Appleton yet. 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Fucking daft decision

we didn’t back him.  Didn’t give him any money.  Didn’t give him any time.  He was expected to completely change the culture at the club despite all those factors.

he’s better off out of it.  I am growing increasingly fucked off with this club 

Could have said that about Jacko too!
  • Options

#sandgaardout
    I think you are very close to the truth Carly.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Fucking daft decision

we didn’t back him.  Didn’t give him any money.  Didn’t give him any time.  He was expected to completely change the culture at the club despite all those factors.

100% this. I think JJs transfer expectations were a bit to ambitions for Sandgaard too.
  • Options

#sandgaardout
    I know. I am reading into it that Garner demanded what was needed in the next window and Sandgaard doesn't want to supply it. A new manager, like Garner did when he was appointed, will play ball initially as they want the job.
    I think he asked for what was promised. 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Fucking daft decision

And Adkins.  Penny for his, real, thoughts.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Not advocating Jackett by any means but look at some of the football the dinosaur, hoofball, turgid Mowbray has got Sunderland playing this season.

Managerial success is more if the players are any good and if they respect/like the manager.

Most of them aren't "bad" managers.  I don't buy into yesterday's man, the game doesn't change that much.
    Mowbray, for all that he's a colossal dickhead, has always been about good football
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Mowbray, for all that he's a colossal dickhead, has always been about good football
    but hes got a fucking monkeys heid...
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I was thinking the very same thing Doucher, get old 'Thunder Boots' in there. Sandgaard has made a big enough prat of himself so far, but I reckon with an ego that big there's room for more. 
    Only appointing raylean could surpass the potential for comedy 
  • Options
    You look at what you have and that should dictate how you set up. The problem is, we are terribly short in certain positions which makes any sort of system problematic. Even a long ball game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That’ll be the fella who said ‘We should be beating teams like Charlton’ and to be fair he’d be bang on the money these days 😞.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Kap10 said:
    Swisdom said:
    Fucking daft decision

And Adkins.  Penny for his, real, thoughts.
    Oh absolutely. Would love to hear them right about now
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Macronate said:
    clive said:
    "Our search for a new manager has begun."

Exciting, can't wait.
    It is exciting, I can’t wait to see who is cheaper than Garner. I hope Martin has been hanging around at Goals looking for promising 5-a-side player-managers
    Even Sunday league managers have a left footed centre half and left back.
  • Options
    redman said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Kenny  Jackett - putting his previous to one side, we could do a lot worse - and probably will 
    My portsmouth (where he got sacked from) mate's comment:
    "good god don't take him on board unless you want to be sent to sleep...might get you a few wins but the football won't be entertaining. Didn't last long at Orient, can'see him being any good for you. He might be cheap though".
    Kenny Jackett it is then.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Bailey said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Only appointing raylean could surpass the potential for comedy 
    She would if she had the work permit. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I bet if you go through this forum in enough detail you will find all of those description used for him.