Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2024 qualifying

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Frustratingly couldn’t get a ticket for either of Englands games against Ukraine and Scotland. Very difficult to break into the upper echelons of the top cap holders without some major luck. 
    Yes it is very difficult - managed to get tickets for the Malta game though!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    cafctom said:
    Frustratingly couldn’t get a ticket for either of Englands games against Ukraine and Scotland. Very difficult to break into the upper echelons of the top cap holders without some major luck. 
    Yes it is very difficult - managed to get tickets for the Malta game though!
    Same, that’s the only away I’ve been able to get tickets for in this campaign, but even that was on 2nd chance sale.
  • Options
    Philips and Maguire haven't kicked a ball this season!

just proves it's all about who you play (sit on the bench) for 
  • Options

In this case, they’ve played extensively for England and always played well. 
  • Options
    Ditto Tom. Shit allocation for Scotland didn’t help. I used to be up there but easy to slip out and hard to get back in, esp after several years of away games with low allocations. Heading out to North Macedonia but not expecting a ticket for that either.
    haven't renewed since the 18-20 campaign as had 0 interest in qatar. 

will head out to Germany next year for the 1st 2 group games without tickets, euro 2016 and 2021 i managed to get tickets via uefa. 

good thing with germany huge stadiums, group b would be games in berlin and dortmund. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

don't get me wrong tom, in regards to performances/results i don't give a shit who he picks BUT, it just stinks of Walcott being picked over Bent

he has also said that he wont pick players that aren't playing or players not playing in competitive leagues (Henderson)

Philips and Maguire are both Irish anyway.
  • Options

In the case of Phillips, Southgate did say it wasn't ideal that he wasn't playing for his club but went on to say that if you look around the league in that position there's only really Rice as an option. So Phillips is kind of in by default.

However I don't think that's the case with Maguire, as there are a number of other centre back options we could select so he is clearly getting in because of favouritism and is pretty fortunate.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

don't get me wrong tom, in regards to performances/results i don't give a shit who he picks BUT, it just stinks of Walcott being picked over Bent

he has also said that he wont pick players that aren't playing or players not playing in competitive leagues (Henderson)

Philips and Maguire are both Irish anyway.
    I’m assuming this is meant in jest because it’s  not comparable to that. Not in the slightest.
  • Options

In the case of Phillips, Southgate did say it wasn't ideal that he wasn't playing for his club but went on to say that if you look around the league in that position there's only really Rice as an option. So Phillips is kind of in by default.

However I don't think that's the case with Maguire, as there are a number of other centre back options we could select so he is clearly getting in because of favouritism and is pretty fortunate.
    With Stones out injured in makes sense having Maguire in there for his experience at international level. 
  • Options
    Got to feel sorry for someone like Dan Burn or Lewis Dunk at this point. If they can't get in now, they never will.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to feel sorry for someone like Dan Burn or Lewis Dunk at this point. If they can't get in now, they never will.
    Lewis Dunk is in the squad. 
  • Options
    Lewis Dunk is in the squad. 
    Along with Colwill, Geuhi, Tomori…all no international experience. Sensible to have Maguire in there.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Italy draw 1-1 to North Macedonia. Ukraine get a point aginst England.

Worst possible case scenario for Italy today in what is by far the easiest big qualifiers of all time to get to the Euros.

They have already played the worst 2 teams once and have 4 points from 3 games.

Your champions everyone.

• Options
    Baffling how Italy could win the last Euros, when they've been so awful before and after.
  • Options

England manager Gareth Southgate has recalled Aston Villa striker Ollie Watkins for October's games against Australia and Italy at Wembley.

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone, Jordan Pickford, Aaron Ramsdale

Defenders: Levi Colwill, Lewis Dunk, Marc Guehi, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Fikayo Tomori, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Trent Alexander-Arnold

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice

Forwards: Jarred Bowen, Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, James Maddison, Eddie Nketiah, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Ollie Watkins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67015044

• Options
    Been done to death but the ongoing inclusion of Henderson, Phillips and Maguire is a real piss take. Been enough games now this season for Southgate to see who the form players are and 2 of them definitely aren't Maguire and Phillips. I no longer care what they've done in an England shirt before. They're far too undercooked in terms of match sharpness and Southgate needs to bite the bullet and bin them off. 

Henderson is also playing in a league that's below Championship standard overall. If he moved back to Sunderland in the summer I wonder if he'd have still been included.
  • Options
    Can't believe Ward-Prowse has missed out again. Compare him to someone like Rashford who has been awful this season and subbed off early in United's recent games. 
  • Options
    Scotland been done by VAR 🤣
  • Options
    And Spain make it 1-0. Absolutely outrageous.
  • Options
    It looks innocuous but the fact no Scotland player was really upset about it being overturned speaks volumes I think. Straight off the training pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    not watching but BBC website now saying there might have been a hint of offside. Haven't seen it so none the wiser.

Yet again VAR lack of communication at it's peak. 
  • Options
    UEFA reported a foul then changed it to offside 15 mins later 

2-0 now.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

2-0 now.
    I didn't think you could change the decision when the match had been restarted "its the law" "it''s the law"

Merson must be going apoplectic right now
  • Options
    Taking my daughter to the England v Australia game tomorrow. Believe it or not, my first England game! Hoping for a decent atmosphere, some goals, and a second half that doesn't descend into substitute farce
  • Options

2-0 now.
    I didn't think you could change the decision when the match had been restarted "its the law" "it''s the law"

It’s what the commentators reported on viaplay.
  • Options
    Been watching the England U21s' second half on Youtube. Been thoroughly enjoyable
  • Options

2-0 now.

It’s what the commentators reported on viaplay.
    i'm just being deliberately obtuse because VAR is fucking shit and there is no consistency mate
  • Options
    Shucks!