Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2024 qualifying

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:
    se9addick said:
    cafctom said:
    I’m out in Malta already for the game at the end of this week. 

4,000 England fans due over here - which is outrageous support. 

Could get a bit lively, especially with shot deals like this on
    Is it?
    Yes. It’s bloody brilliant support, considering many football fans in this country seem to care very little about qualifiers against smaller nations.

Yet 4,000 people will be stumping up north of £500 (as a bare minimum) on flights, hotels etc and at least 2-3 days of their time just to see England play in a game that is likely a massive formality.

Would love to hear your counter argument as to how it’s not considered great support….
    To be fair Tom, I don’t it’s the game itself that is the draw…I suspect we won’t have 4K in Macedonia in Nov.

I think it’s decent support but the jocks and Irish would probably take similar from a far smaller support base.

Yes, i’m a tad jealous I’m not going!
    And Scotland/Ireland have great support too. 

I don’t think the fact that this game is (likely) a comfortable win for us should make it more appealing to fans though - probably the opposite. 

If we’d have had more than 4,000 tickets for Malta then we’d have taken more. 

I’ve booked my hotel for North Macedonia but I expect I’ll need the luck of the ballot to get a ticket.
  • Options
    Wales losing to Armenia 🤣
  • Options
    Ireland losing as well 🤣
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    se9addick said:
    cafctom said:

Is it?
    Yes. It’s bloody brilliant support, considering many football fans in this country seem to care very little about qualifiers against smaller nations.

Yet 4,000 people will be stumping up north of £500 (as a bare minimum) on flights, hotels etc and at least 2-3 days of their time just to see England play in a game that is likely a massive formality.

Would love to hear your counter argument as to how it’s not considered great support….
    To be fair Tom, I don’t it’s the game itself that is the draw…I suspect we won’t have 4K in Macedonia in Nov.

I think it’s decent support but the jocks and Irish would probably take similar from a far smaller support base.

I don’t think the fact that this game is (likely) a comfortable win for us should make it more appealing to fans though - probably the opposite. 

I’ve booked my hotel for North Macedonia but I expect I’ll need the luck of the ballot to get a ticket.
    I agree re the easy win, let’s be honest it’s boring and has no appeal The appeal is the destination.

I’ll be in the ballot with you. Fingers crossed, but always worth going without a ticket still. 

Where do you think the Ukraine away game will be? Poland?

• Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    se9addick said:
    cafctom said:

Is it?

I agree re the easy win, let’s be honest it’s boring and has no appeal The appeal is the destination.

I’ll be in the ballot with you. Fingers crossed, but always worth going without a ticket still. 

Believe their game against Malta next week is in Slovakia.
  • Options
    Very soft red card for Keifer Moore. Wales 4-2 down at home to Armenia.
  • Options
    That Chris Gunter shaped hole in Wales' defence really starting to show...
  • Options
    That Chris Gunter shaped hole in Wales' defence really starting to show...
    It would probably be 6-2!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    se9addick said:
    cafctom said:

Is it?

Yes in Trnava, we played Slovakia there a few year ago from memory. Big Sam’s one and only game. Think Slovakia are at home night before we play Ukraine though.

Austria is the most recent rumour I’ve heard.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Can’t see page lasting after tonight. Tbf after Bale and Ramsey jacked it in, they’re left with a Champ side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can’t see page lasting after tonight. Tbf after Bale and Ramsey jacked it in, they’re left with a Champ side.
    Irrelevant who's in charge, they are now an ordinary side. They had their moment in the sun, but will have to watch England on TV next summer 
  • Options
    With many of the one sided games on paper, the big teams will definitely be going through the motions, as they have no need to boost their GD, and the players after several weeks off and with several weeks to the start of the new season will understandably have wanted to pace hemselves. France for example only beat Gibraltar 3-0. 

Others struggled, Switzerland only won 2-1 in Andorra for example.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    se9addick said:
    cafctom said:

Is it?

Yes in Trnava, we played Slovakia there a few year ago from memory. Big Sam’s one and only game. Think Slovakia are at home night before we play Ukraine though.

Austria is the most recent rumour I’ve heard.
    Yeah, there was an article that came out of Austria last week saying they’re expecting it to either be Vienna or Klagenfurt. Nothing officially announced yet though. 
  • Options
    Norway are so shite with Haaland and Odegaard in their team. 

Scotland are doing very well at the moment in International Football. 
  • Options
    Hahaha... As an Englishman I have to laugh 

Thats what you get for taking Haaland off thinking it was job done
  • Options
    Well bugger Me with a pitchfork and roast me on a griddle. Cmon you jocks!!!!!!
  • Options
    If Scotland dont qualify automatically for the Euros now, they'll only have themselves to blame.

Great performance from them to be fair
  • Options
    Incredible win for 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 . Waited until Haaland was off the pitch and pounced! 

Watch the inevitable screw up against Georgia on Tuesday now. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cracking result for North Britain tonight
  • Options
    It was a fabulous goal to win it to be fair to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play to the sweaties, great result.

• Options
    Northern Ireland (missing 7 of the usual players) unlucky not to grab a point in Copenhagen. They equalised in the final minutes against a very very poor Danish side - but after a 5 mins VAR check got the goal disallowed for an offside.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Northern Ireland (missing 7 of the usual players) unlucky not to grab a point in Copenhagen. They equalised in the final minutes against a very very poor Danish side - but after a 5 mins VAR check got the goal disallowed for an offside.
    If it takes that long to disallow, if it is that marginal, then the on field decision should stand. One minute, or maybe 90 seconds should be the limit. My inside woman in the NI camp tells me that they are very, very angry. They are still smarting from the Switzerland "penalty" in 2017...     
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    If it takes that long to disallow, if it is that marginal, then the on field decision should stand. One minute, or maybe 90 seconds should be the limit. My inside woman in the NI camp tells me that they are very, very angry. They are still smarting from the Switzerland "penalty" in 2017...     
    I don’t blame them for being pissed off. Bloody VAR crap. Worked in my favour this time, but don’t want it in the game. End of.
  • Options
    Wales lose again ...
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Incredible win for 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 . Waited until Haaland was off the pitch and pounced! 

Watch the inevitable screw up against Georgia on Tuesday now. 
    Edvard Greig, Hendrik Ibsen, Edvard Munch, your boys took a hell of a beating. 

Don't let the living sportsmen get away !
    Karsten Warholm, Jacob Ingebrigtsen, Casper Rudd, Ollie Gunnar Solskjaer, and the man who is normally a few moves ahead  Magnus Carlson.

• Options
    Madness at Hampden.

Absolutely torrential rain before the match, but the game kicked off on time. It quickly became clear that the match couldn’t continue due to the conditions but not before Scotland could go 1-0 up. Moments later the match was suspended, that was about 50 minutes ago. Now the players are back out on the pitch warming up and apparently the match is restarting at 20:55…
  • Options
    Rain stops play at the cricket football