Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2024 qualifying

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Madness at Hampden.

Absolutely torrential rain before the match, but the game kicked off on time. It quickly became clear that the match couldn’t continue due to the conditions but not before Scotland could go 1-0 up. Moments later the match was suspended, that was about 50 minutes ago. Now the players are back out on the pitch warming up and apparently the match is restarting at 20:55…
    What TV channel is it on pls?
  • Options
    Playing “Why does it always rain on me” over the tannoy. Nice touch. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    se9addick said:
    Madness at Hampden.

Absolutely torrential rain before the match, but the game kicked off on time. It quickly became clear that the match couldn’t continue due to the conditions but not before Scotland could go 1-0 up. Moments later the match was suspended, that was about 50 minutes ago. Now the players are back out on the pitch warming up and apparently the match is restarting at 20:55…
    Viaplay.  No, me neither…….
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    se9addick said:
    Madness at Hampden.

ViaPlay Sports 1
    DAZN
    Optus Sports 5
    Premier Sports 1
    Astro Supersport 2
    beIN Sports 1 English
    NZ Sky Sport 7
    Supersport Football
    Virgin Two
    Fubo
  • Options
    Georgians refusing to play now. Farce 
  • Options
    Anybody got a decent stream of the jocks game? One I’m using buffers constantly.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    se9addick said:
    Madness at Hampden.

ViaPlay Sports 1
    DAZN
    Optus Sports 5
    Premier Sports 1
    Astro Supersport 2
    beIN Sports 1 English
    NZ Sky Sport 7
    Supersport Football
    Virgin Two
    Fubo
    Cheers mate
  • Options
    Match has match has just finished, almost 2 hours after it was scheduled to!

The group table makes for great reading though!

• Options
    Beat Norway at Hampden and Scotland are there if my maths are correct and assuming Spain win their games in hand. Wow!!! 
  • Options
    They should beat Cyprus away in their next game to make it five wins from five in the group. That would open a huge gap in the table, it's theirs for the taking now really. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can’t see how Scotland throw this away after winning opening 4 matches. A win at Cyprus and those 15 points will probably be enough to guarantee 2nd. Really pleased for them.
  • Options
    As much as I want Scotland to fail, they are doing really well, especially as got one of the Spain games out of the way as well
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    As much as I want Scotland to fail, they are doing really well, especially as got one of the Spain games out of the way as well
    Come on now. It is far more fun watching them go to a major tournament thinking they will win it and going out in the Group stages.
  • Options
    as an avid jock basher - fair play to them they would be hard stretched to throw this away, and look to be the only other home nation attending alongside England. 

ireland - look to have no hope having to play france away 
    wales - other teams already have games in hand
    n ireland - already 6 off the q spot with 4 games played each in group 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The Spain win was massive, but arguably Norway was bigger in terms of (hopefully) ensuring qualification. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    The Spain win was massive, but arguably Norway was bigger in terms of (hopefully) ensuring qualification. 
    Haaland should have chosen to play for England  :D
  • Options
    Englands away game againts Ukraine on Sept 9th will be played in Wroclaw, Poland.
  • Options
    Englands away game againts Ukraine on Sept 9th will be played in Wroclaw, Poland.
    Will be registering interest to go, but not an easy location to get to once all the direct flights have sold out. About 3 hours from any major city. 
  • Options
    Looking at Katowice and a coach but only if we get tickets, by which time even that route will probably be too expensive.
  • Options
    England squad for the September fixtures against Ukraine and Scotland.

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Levi Colwill (Chelsea), Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Al-Ettifaq), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (Arsenal)

Forwards:  Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), James Maddison (Tottenham Hotspur), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Callum Wilson (Newcastle United)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure why Johnstone is ahead of Pope, unless he's injured
  • Options
    List of defenders looks weak. is Stones injured?
  • Options
    List of defenders looks weak. is Stones injured?
    Yeah muscle tear I believe.
  • Options
    How come Sterling isn’t in the England squad?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Slightly surprised to see Henderson called up.

But makes sense, as he's one of the leaders
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I’d imagine the squad in October might have a few more changes. We are only 3 games into the new season, perhaps GS wants to see more prolonged form from players like Sterling and JWP, and so is resorting to his trusty players for now.
  • Options
    Frustratingly couldn’t get a ticket for either of Englands games against Ukraine and Scotland. Very difficult to break into the upper echelons of the top cap holders without some major luck. 
  • Options
    Ditto Tom. Shit allocation for Scotland didn’t help. I used to be up there but easy to slip out and hard to get back in, esp after several years of away games with low allocations. Heading out to North Macedonia but not expecting a ticket for that either.
  • Options
    siblers said:
    Not sure why Johnstone is ahead of Pope, unless he's injured
    Pope isn't injured, he's been left out