Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rate my Plate 2022 ?

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Not been a good couple of weeks for me, otherwise this would be more elaborate.
    However still likely to be in first place in it’s class.

Definitely... assuming it's not a cooking class. I mean, 3 of the braver carrots are trying to make a run for it over the potato mountains. 
    Those roasties look far better than the ones I was served today, though, tbf. 
  • Options
    Gravy and Yorkshire added after photo
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    Do your worst 
    Why are the Yorkies making a run for it?
    Can’t have them soggy !
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Not been a good couple of weeks for me, otherwise this would be more elaborate.
    However still likely to be in first place in it’s class.

A tantalising glimpse of last years favourite dinner plate. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I’ve just seen the news “Denmark have declared war on the UK” citing unforgivable insults to their local cuisine as the reason! 😉
    It’s all because TS is Danish, innit??

Enjoy your lumpy mashed taties and mushy pees. Up there with the finest!

(In all honesty, I do like your Yorkshire puddings).

• Options
    Danepak said:
    T_C_E said:
    I’ve just seen the news “Denmark have declared war on the UK” citing unforgivable insults to their local cuisine as the reason! 😉

Where he comes from is irrelevant, but granted he is an ar5ehole 😉
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Danepak said:
    T_C_E said:

Where he comes from is irrelevant, but granted he is an ar5ehole 😉
    All good banter. Love this thread.
  • Options
    Not mine I’d eaten most of it , mrs one with carrots on 🤮
    Did the Yorkshires carry on cooking after you took them out of the oven?
    The cauliflower cheese looks like a child kissing a baby bear.
    That is superb!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Mine doesn't look like much, presentation-wise, but it's the best Xmas Dinner I've ever had. Because of all the Xmas Dinners I've had, none before today have been driven from Lewisham to Barnet for me while I've been suffering from a severe throat and ear infection. Cheers Mum (and Dad), you really knocked this one out of the park. Least I could do was eat (most of) it straight out of the ridiculous dish you brought it in x 

Upon reflection, no matter how much your prose qualifies you for a run on Simon Bates’ “Our Tune” it cannot deflect from the fact that you have bloody mushrooms on your Christmas dinner you utter toad….
  • Options
    I'm so confused! I thought they were a staple! And here you're having them as a crime akin to peas, mash or baked beans? Honestly, fry them in butter and a bit of garlic (and thyme) for ten to fifteen minutes and they'll go well with any Xmas plate as a bit of textural variation (their main job is to carry a hit of garlic ofc) 
  • Options
    Stakes are lower on Leftovers Day but still excited to see what monstrosities emerge 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Garlic mushrooms, are you French or something?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    boxing day edition - seafood platter 
    No comments on the food, but is the man on the right hiding the woman on the left's prosthetic leg?

• Options
    @charltonkeston's Boxing Day offering

• Options
    boxing day edition - seafood platter 
    No comments on the food, but is the man on the right hiding the woman on the let's prosthetic leg?

He is just filling her stocking
  • Options
    Off_it said:

The old boxing day tradition of syrup on a plate 👍🏼
  • Options
    Off_it said:

The old boxing day tradition of syrup on a plate 👍🏼
    It’s a merkin
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited December 2022
    Great dinners yesterday. Some high end plates. 
    Just finished a large plate of bubble and squeak. Can’t work out if it is better than Christmas diner. Love Christmas food. 
  • Options
    CHG said:
    Great dinners yesterday. Some high end plates. 
    Just finished a large plate of bubble and squeak. Can’t work out if it is better than Christmas diner. Love Christmas food. 
    Boxing day leftovers food is absolutely better than Christmas Day in my opinion.

Turkey sandwiches, bubble and squeak, cheese board, leftover pigs in blankets, crisps, chocolate etc.

Thinking of making samosas later with leftover turkey, roast potatoes, carrots etc, the Patels would be proud.
    Ha ha, sounds quality. 
  • Options
    For Boxing Day brunch I simply reorganised my mum's finest into being on an actual plate this time and it was just as brilliant second time around. Xmas Dinner twice? If you're ill and alone it's fine, them's the rules

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!