Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rate my Plate 2022 ?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022

• Options
    R0TW said:

A bit bland mate 
  • Options
    Trying to post a YouTube link after a load of Guinness and a Welling win.
    Hope you had a nice weekend mate, and perhaps see you NYD?

• Options
    Attempting some bubble and squeak cakes later with the leftover roasties and sprout mix. It'll be an absolute car crash as my wife is the cook, not me. Will post here for some abuse. 
    OK…here we go. Yesterday’s beef with my failed bubble and squeak cakes…more of a hash of sprouts, red cabbage, roasties, bacon, onion, garlic and peppers. Do your worst - I will say it tastes bloody lovely. That might be the Lea & Perrins I chucked in though. 

A picture of before it was eaten would help?

That made me spit bit of beer out😅
  • Options
    90% of all the Christmas dinners on here look delicious 

The 10% that I personally disapprove of...have more parsnips than potatoes, not much gravy, bit boring/bland, bit empty. A bit league one.

Parsnips are poundland fake potatoes. 

Parsnips lure you in with a potatoe looking gravy covered saliva fishing rod....only for some disappointment.

Parsnips are the black sheep of the family 
  • Options
    No bubble for me after my disaster of a plate. But I’ve turned the left overs that were salvageable for a very good fried rice.

• Options
    I thought the Yorkshire thing was a joke, but it seems they’re rife on this year’s Christmas dinners. Who started that?
  • Options

AAjr cooked us uck, roast spuds, red cabbage with apple, broccoli and leeks with bacon, roast parsnips.  Gravy in the gravy boat not in picture.  It's a bit of a sight because (a) AAjr plated it and his presentation skills aren't on a par with his cooking skills and (b) even with out biggest 15" plates there wasn't enough room to lay it all out.
  • Options
    Rate my (Danish) plate 
    You know you're allowed to cook potatoes?
  • Options

AAjr cooked us uck, roast spuds, red cabbage with apple, broccoli and leeks with bacon, roast parsnips.  Gravy in the gravy boat not in picture.  It's a bit of a sight because (a) AAjr plated it and his presentation skills aren't on a par with his cooking skills and (b) even with out biggest 15" plates there wasn't enough room to lay it all out.
    Is that “uck” with a silent “y”?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    @charltonkeston's Boxing Day offering

Is that the top of someone’s head?
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Only cooked for five this year. It’s been up to 22 during the last 20 years up at the in laws. Bit of a mare, but fun once it’s done. 
    Wife’s mum grew up in the Caribbean and until this year made a Jamaican take on stuffing. This kids won’t have Christmas lunch without it, so it 

One onion, two sticks celery, two peppers (yellow and red or orange). Onion, two sticks celery, two peppers (yellow and red or orange). Chopped quite small and sautéed gently in butter. 

Add breadcrumbs. Quite a lot.

Add 1/2 tsp mixed herbs. Maybe a bit more.

Lee and Perrins Worcestershire sauce - few big splashes to taste. 

Salt and pepper.

Big downside was that there weren’t nearly enough parsnips. Upside was the bread sauce which I added after the photo was taken. 

• Options
    Anyone else’s fridge refusing to free up any room? It’s taken an absolute pounding yet still seems full to the brim 
  • Options
    ….sets reminder to start rate my fridge thread next December 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I thought the Yorkshire thing was a joke, but it seems they’re rife on this year’s Christmas dinners. Who started that?
    Why wouldn’t people have Yorkshires with Xmas dinner ? 
  • Options
    Anyone else’s fridge refusing to free up any room? It’s taken an absolute pounding yet still seems full to the brim 
    We was round the in laws Christmas day.
    I think the mother in law was expecting the 5000 round.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    We was round the in laws Christmas day.
    I think the mother in law was expecting the 5000 round.
    Five loaves and two fish, the lad had only just been born.
  • Options
    With us it is leftovers are now in Tupperware boxes which take up more space than the original packaging. 
    The more we consume the less space there is in the fridge ! 
  • Options
    My fridge ended up fuller after dinner than it was in the morning, didn't even have the left over turkey in it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We bought a bigger fridge and relegated the previous one to drinks only.
  • Options
    bit late but this has been a fantastic read, comedy gold some of these comments. 

It will never get old shredding how bad someone's roast dinner looks 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Fab thread. There are some seriously witty people on here. Personal favourites this year are:
    1. “The cauliflower cheese looks like a child kissing a baby bear”
    2. “I look forward to seeing it when it comes out of the oven”
    3. “I think you may have overdone it with the carrots”
    4 “the stuffing looks like something I just scraped up from the garden after the dogs left a message for me”
    5. “looks like the dog will be eating well tonight but what will you be having?”

Special mention for the ‘roasted tarantula’ observation.

Too many other great efforts to mention here. I’m already looking forward to next year’s roasting (pun intended). Happy New Year all!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Leftovers from yesterday but with beef. World's smallest crackers were for the kids! 
    Are the crackers only small compared the mahoosive plate of grub!?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Someone call Taggart. There’s been another Murrrderrr…!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Leftovers from yesterday but with beef. World's smallest crackers were for the kids! 
    Are the crackers only small compared the mahoosive plate of grub!?
    Haha that was less than xmas day!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Why wouldn’t people have Yorkshires with Xmas dinner ? 

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Yorkshire puddings are fine with a Christmas dinner (whereas baked beans are most definitely not!).

If you wanted to purely stick to tradition then you'd be serving goose instead of turkey.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!