Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Peterborough | Boxing Day 2022

Comments

• Options
    ct_addick said:
    Was it me or did Kirk not try at all when he came on? One ball came from the back , he had Henry overlapping and didn’t even bother to jump. Nicking a living 
    Biggest Bottle-Job I’ve ever seen in a charlton shirt
    I'm struggling to think of a bigger one in my 40 years of Charlton. 
  • Options
    Was it me or did Kirk not try at all when he came on? One ball came from the back , he had Henry overlapping and didn’t even bother to jump. Nicking a living 
    I don't think Kirk ever really tries hard. Not seen it yet anyway 
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Probably on his way out and knows it, still no excuse for being AWOL.👋
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Biggest Bottle-Job I’ve ever seen in a charlton shirt
    He is terrified of heading the ball. Must be that comb-forward he has...
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Good second half. Could have won but Peterborough had their chances in the game, too. Thought we looked more of an attacking threat than we have done recently and we are not playing with the strongest set of strikers. 

I've defended JRS but he's in such a poor run of form and I don't think he's as good as Palace think he is. I don't know how a 'future premier league' player doesn't get that clear-cut chance on target. And then can't even take the next one on his right foot! So poor. Prem youth products should have tekkers like that in the bank and some to spare. 

Annoyingly missed our goal because the two ladies working in the family stand concession stall were moving insultingly slow with a queue of about 14 people wanting to get back to the game. 

Interested to see what we do in the window, considering this new manager favours a 352 and we have built a squad around wingers. Think we just don't have the players at the moment and this month is more about recruitment than results. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Good second half. Could have won but Peterborough had their chances in the game, too. Thought we looked more of an attacking threat than we have done recently and we are not playing with the strongest set of strikers. 

I've defended JRS but he's in such a poor run of form and I don't think he's as good as Palace think he is. I don't know how a 'future premier league' player doesn't get that clear-cut chance on target. And then can't even take the next one on his right foot! So poor. Prem youth products should have tekkers like in the bank and some to spare. 

Annoyingly missed our goal because the two ladies working in the family stand concession stall were moving insultingly slow with a queue of about 14 people wanting to get back to the game. 

Interested to see what we do in the window, considering this new manager favours a 352 and we have built a squad around wingers. Think we just don't have the players at the moment and this month is more about recruitment than results. 
    Need a couple of wins in January all the same.
  • Options
    First half meh, 2nd half much better. Had either Clare's or RS' chance gone in, we would have won. Which would at least have pissed off the ref - for a change he wasn't inept in the usual incompetent way we get, he was just so one sided. And the left hand side lino was even worse than usual. I know there's a labour shortage but where do they find these clowns?
    Some nice stuff and plenty of unforced errors, Innis made some crucial blocks but it would be nice if he didn't pass to players in blue quite so often. 
    AMB immense again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't fault effort, but all Holden has done is upgrade us from abysmal to mediocre. January is make or break. A lot of the season ticket holders, who sit around me in the North don't seem to go anymore. Two of them are my daughter's!
    Sack him. He's had 3 whole days! 
  • Options
    Poor first half and a decent second. Should have won the game especially with the chance that Saki pulled wide with the whole goal to aim at. Payne tries so hard but isnt strong or fast enough to turn effort into results. Terrible goal to concede with none of our players at the back post bothering to jump to try and head the ball - unfortunately it looked like Dobbo was the main culprit. 
    Kanu struggled first half so pleased he managed to get the assist - he needs time before being ready to start another first team game. 
    If there is to be a clear out then I hope Kirk is the first to go - puts no effort in at all and looks like he dont give a toss. Saki was also guilty today of bottling out of tackles today which is poor to see.
    The defecnce was so much better today apart from the goal. Maynard-Brewer had another good game and is fast becoming our No1 keeper.
  • Options
    Dull first half, better second. Yes we should have scored more, but they hit the bar twice.

A great assist, but Kanu is too raw to start at this level. I've not been his biggest fan, but Stockley was actually pretty effective when he came in, winning a number of headers. If he had been playing alongside someone more lively than Kirk and more effective than JRS, maybe we might have created something at the end. Damning with faint praise perhaps, but Stockley was the most effective of our subs.

Clare and Lavelle were both good, Dobson was his usual self, and Inniss does the "dirty work" in defence well. If we are to play with wingbacks though, we need a left footer on the left. So frustrating when Sessegnon time after time has to cut back onto his right.
  • Options
    Frustrating thing is that once we had taken the lead and missed those two chances, it was always on the cards that Peterborough would equalise - it’s the  Charlton way. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Kanu is a goal scorer and he will score plenty either for Cafc or someone else. Pleased he started today even though he struggled to get into the game in a poor quality 1st half. He needs games and he will be a revelation. Grant was 17 and in the Championship; Kanu is 18 and ready to adapt to the mediocre League 1.
    Kanu showed his talent 2nd half with a great first touch and good cross with his weaker foot for Leaburn's goal.
    Wish the chance for Rak Sakyi had fallen to Daniel but he was off the field by then.

Bizarrely I was quite pleased Kanu had a quiet match overall because he will be gone before the end of January if he scores too many goals ( Mason Burstow)

Fraser is talented but he can be knocked off the ball and he fades big time in many games.

The inability to win games; only 5 coming up to the new year tells Thomas Sandgaard we need improvements just to get into the top half of the table.
  • Options
    Something like 3 points from 7 games in this shithouse league and 17th place 4 points from relegation and 10 from the play offs all the while our nearest and dearest are 6th in championship and 11th in the prem … beyond disgraceful 
    Two teams out there who are currently so shit neither could muster a win even with the shitness of the oppo .
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Innis still looks like a mistake waiting to happen…hopefully EOC back soon
    2-3 weeks hopefully.
  • Options
    Kanu is a goal scorer and he will score plenty either for Cafc or someone else. Pleased he started today even though he struggled to get into the game in a low key  first half. He needs games and he will be a revelation. Grant was 17 and in the Championship; Kanu is 18 and ready to adapt to the mediocre League 1.
    Kanu showed his talent 2nd half with a great first touch and good cross with his weaker foot for Leaburn's goal.
    Wish the chance for Rak Sakyi had fallen to Daniel but he was off the field by then.

Bizarrely I was quite pleased Kanu had a quiet match overall because he will be gone before the end of January if he scores too many goals ( Mason Burstow)

Fraser is talented but he can be knocked off the ball and he fades big time in many games.

The inability to win games; only 5 coming up to the new year tells you we need improvements just to get into the top half of the table.
    Agree 100% with this. The more time Kanu has on the pitch the more he will gel in the team. If either of Clare’s or Raki Saki’s chances had fallen to him he would have taken them. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the short time Kirk was on seen Tortoises move quicker, please get rid but extremely hard to put any value on him. Think we will be lucky to get £50,000!
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Don't think it's just Kirk seems like some just don't want to put in the effort like the song goes we're only half a football team & the rest are fu#ing dead 
  • Options
    Yet another manager getting to know our teams weaknesses.. frustrating
  • Options
    And the biggest load of shite was saved for half time , when you think you’ve seen all the worst possible efforts that can possibly happen on the crossbar challenge we manage to find another fan who can kick a ball worse than the worse one ever .
    the ball didn’t leave the ground and rolled off past the post 🤦‍♂️
    Ha Ha 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    JonT_Abs said:
    First through the door, for me, has to be two left backs. Sessegnon is right back. Clare just about works in a back 4 not a 5. 
    We’re we watching the same game? Clare was the best player on the pitch 

I didn't watch the game that closely but what I saw was a player who ran well, beat players and then played one shit cross after another.  Pointless getting in the positions if your distribution is so poor it always comes to nothing.  He also had a one on one where he missed without making the keeper make a save.  

I don't rate him, won't be bothered when he leaves (as us the same with almost every other player sadly).