Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MAN UNITED TICKETS - Collection from Old Trafford from 4:30pm

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Supported them for 65 years season ticket hold for best part of 30years including the Shithurst years and phase 11, how’s that for repaying loyalty 😤. Don’t worry about me though I’ll be at the game one way or the other 😉.
    In fairness to the club, how do you want them to account for historical “loyalty”? The current system looks back at your purchasing history over the past two seasons which seems fair enough. 
    Five seasons would be better than two seasons spanning Covid and the advent of live streaming which has had a big impact on people accruing sufficient loyalty points. Especially those of us who can no longer get to home games regularly these days and don’t have a S/T.
    No offence intended but it's a loyalty points system. It doesn't matter that you attended 5-10 years ago, the system is for now. The system wouldn't be worth the name if it rewarded fans who (for whatever reason) can't get to games regularly and don't have a season ticket.

You can't seriously expect to be shifted further up the priority list because you went to games a few years back.

I don't see how the club have done anything wrong here. But i think people are worrying unnecessarily here, anyone who wants to go will get a ticket.
    Agreed, it would be a very strange loyalty system, if it didn't prioritise people who currently go to games.
  • Options
    All the people logging in to check points could have prob done so before today as we’ve had a week to fret about it. 
    Yes that would have been a very good idea!! 
  • Options
    All the people logging in to check points could have prob done so before today as we’ve had a week to fret about it. 
    There does seem, from situations like this to be a bit of a deficiency in the system used in so much as I personally have two fan IDs and from reading other comments it’s possible that people’s purchase history is split across those ids as their points don’t tally.

there also seems to be another group where perhaps their purchase history isn’t being captured for one reason or another - I think the club needs to tidy up duplicate accounts and have a bit of a comms session to ensure people are capturing their purchases properly - only then will the system work properly and people won’t be panicked about point thresholds 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Supported them for 65 years season ticket hold for best part of 30years including the Shithurst years and phase 11, how’s that for repaying loyalty 😤. Don’t worry about me though I’ll be at the game one way or the other 😉.
    In fairness to the club, how do you want them to account for historical “loyalty”? The current system looks back at your purchasing history over the past two seasons which seems fair enough. 
    Five seasons would be better than two seasons spanning Covid and the advent of live streaming which has had a big impact on people accruing sufficient loyalty points. Especially those of us who can no longer get to home games regularly these days and don’t have a S/T.
    No offence intended but it's a loyalty points system. It doesn't matter that you attended 5-10 years ago, the system is for now. The system wouldn't be worth the name if it rewarded fans who (for whatever reason) can't get to games regularly and don't have a season ticket.

You can't seriously expect to be shifted further up the priority list because you went to games a few years back.

I don't see how the club have done anything wrong here. But i think people are worrying unnecessarily here, anyone who wants to go will get a ticket.
    I still do as many away games within a couple of hours travelling that I can but that would still only take me up a phase but hey ho as I said I’ll still be at the match how about you?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Five seasons would be better than two seasons spanning Covid and the advent of live streaming has had a big impact on people accruing sufficient loyalty points especially those of us who can no longer get to home games regularly these days and don’t have a S/T.
    Its not the clubs fault people stream instead of attend. Apart from some of the tiers being pointless, I can't see anything else they could have done better. 
    I would be more concerned about getting tickets into people’s hands with the state of the post and only one home game. Easy to unpick the priority set-up but it probably doesn’t matter.

If they try to charge people for parking in the Valley car park on the day, however, they deserve the response that will provoke.
    Some tiers could be removed and the weekend should have been used so everything ships by Tuesday. But I can see much else.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @Airman Brown Do you know how many Valley away coaches they are likely to put on?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

Honestly, I think some people just want the top tier of priority to cater to their specific  circumstances!
    Not asking for that at all.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

I still do as many away games within a couple of hours travelling that I can but that would still only take me up a phase but hey ho as I said I’ll still be at the match how about you?
    I wasn't knocking you as a fan, especially as you had a ST for 30+ years, just making the point that obviously the club have to prioritise people who currently have season tickets and go to most games.

No i won't be there as i live abroad, but i hope you do get a ticket and i'm sure you will. 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    @Airman Brown Do you know how many Valley away coaches they are likely to put on?
    I should imagine it will be based on demand, not a set number
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    very, very unlikely. Demand will be huge, think 80 coaches last time we went, don't personally believe they will be able to deal with more than 20.
  • Options
    Just called the office and got 2 fairly easily after waiting on hold for 5-10 mins
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    very, very unlikely. Demand will be huge, think 80 coaches last time we went, don't personally believe they will be able to deal with more than 20.
    I cannot see the demand being anywhere near 80 like last time so hopefully they can cope 
  • Options
    I reckon that anyone who wants a ticket will get one
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I'm phase 1 but will be buying in phase 2 so our group can stand sit together. 

This will make general sale, 7,400 tickets is a huge allocation for a Tuesday night. 
    amended for you.

I can see this match is going to be a nitemare. Loads of people grouping together & not in their right seats. Then the standing issue (ok when there is a few hundred away at Oxford but not when 7 thousand are going). And these inconsiderate people are likely to have been drinking all afternoon & certainly not in the mood to be reasonable. 

Carnage. 
    It's going to be all standing, it is for every sell out. 
  • Options
    Valley away coaches on sale now on the website

• Options
    Valley away coaches on sale now on the website

2 coaches showing, from the normal pick up points only
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coach tickets on the website say larkfield. I’m a regular coach user and am usually able to select Eltham. Is it the same coach? 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    shirty5 said:
    cazo said:
    Should of gone straight to general sale this will not sell out 5000 tops plus post will fuccing some up I haven’t had post for over 2 weeks 
    Sunday 6th March 1994
    What about it
    I queued for 4 hours for a ticket
    Likewise, I was one of the 400'ish at Bolton the previous day.
    10k the following Saturday was a shock.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Don't forget if you cant get a ticket for this game, the next away game is Peterborough on the 21st of January perhaps support the players over there.
    I hope Forest Green on the 14th February does not sell out.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

I wasn't knocking you as a fan, especially as you had a ST for 30+ years, just making the point that obviously the club have to prioritise people who currently have season tickets and go to most games.

No i won't be there as i live abroad, but i hope you do get a ticket and i'm sure you will. 
    I always thought Sidcup was just outside Bromley.
  • Options
    Guessing this has been asked 100 times before, but why doesn't Valley Gold give you a certain amount of points? Seems to add unnecessary complication.
  • Options
    Brownie29 said:
    Coach tickets on the website say larkfield. I’m a regular coach user and am usually able to select Eltham. Is it the same coach? 
    just booked from Bexleyheath, use drop down box to choose departure point.
  • Options
    cazo said:
    shirty5 said:
    cazo said:
    Should of gone straight to general sale this will not sell out 5000 tops plus post will fuccing some up I haven’t had post for over 2 weeks 
    Sunday 6th March 1994
    What about it
    Day after my tenth birthday, I would have been nursing a serious hangover.