Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MAN UNITED TICKETS - Collection from Old Trafford from 4:30pm

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Supported them for 65 years season ticket hold for best part of 30years including the Shithurst years and phase 11, how’s that for repaying loyalty 😤. Don’t worry about me though I’ll be at the game one way or the other 😉.
    In fairness to the club, how do you want them to account for historical “loyalty”? The current system looks back at your purchasing history over the past two seasons which seems fair enough. 
    Five seasons would be better than two seasons spanning Covid and the advent of live streaming has had a big impact on people accruing sufficient loyalty points especially those of us who can no longer get to home games regularly these days and don’t have a S/T.
    Its not the clubs fault people stream instead of attend. Apart from some of the tiers being pointless, I can't see anything else they could have done better. 
    Depends if you’re affected on not, there’ll be people going who haven’t put the hard miles in down the years just for a day out which grates. Also there’s no way those of us, albeit in the minority living a fair distance away, can rely on the post at the moment when phase 11 is released on 4th January so it’ll be the pain of collection at Old Trafford.
    A VG membership for £200 gets you phase 7, a ST for £400+ gets you phase 8. Doesn't really seem fair either, but it is what it is. 
    Isn’t 2 years of having a ST gets you 460 points? I think it’s 10 points per game. 
    https://www.charltonafc.com/loyalty-points-explained
    Think the club need to have a look at the VG entry point, perhaps if only VG you can only have 1 ticket, it does seem unfair on someone who has a ST for 2 years.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Supported them for 65 years season ticket hold for best part of 30years including the Shithurst years and phase 11, how’s that for repaying loyalty 😤. Don’t worry about me though I’ll be at the game one way or the other 😉.
    In fairness to the club, how do you want them to account for historical “loyalty”? The current system looks back at your purchasing history over the past two seasons which seems fair enough. 
    Five seasons would be better than two seasons spanning Covid and the advent of live streaming has had a big impact on people accruing sufficient loyalty points especially those of us who can no longer get to home games regularly these days and don’t have a S/T.
    Its not the clubs fault people stream instead of attend. Apart from some of the tiers being pointless, I can't see anything else they could have done better. 
    Depends if you’re affected on not, there’ll be people going who haven’t put the hard miles in down the years just for a day out which grates. Also there’s no way those of us, albeit in the minority living a fair distance away, can rely on the post at the moment when phase 11 is released on 4th January so it’ll be the pain of collection at Old Trafford.
    A VG membership for £200 gets you phase 7, a ST for £400+ gets you phase 8. Doesn't really seem fair either, but it is what it is. 
    Isn’t 2 years of having a ST gets you 460 points? I think it’s 10 points per game. 
    It's even worse then, as VG membership is worth more than 460 points in the tiers. £200 vs £800 plus. Its only 1 tier but its still a bit of a joke to people that currently attend.

I'm sure there will be enough to go round, but that's not really rewarding loyalty
  • Options
    A random Tuesday night, even if it wasn't restricted i would say we might struggle to fill our allocation.  

It would have made more sense opening up to all, its not a derby / rivals game and 7,000 on a Tuesday night in January.
  • Options
    40 years of having a season ticket PLUS a decade as a Valley Gold Member - I can’t buy my tickets until 3rd January. By all accounts, it seems I am likely to get them but at the same time being so low down the pecking order does sting a bit. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    It's even worse then, as VG membership is worth more than 460 points in the tiers. £200 vs £800 plus. Its only 1 tier but its still a bit of a joke to people that currently attend.

I'm sure there will be enough to go round, but that's not really rewarding loyalty
    Come over to the dark side Luke Shine166, ‘Loyalty’ has many different hats even those currently attending with a season ticket have an axe to grind. Still you can’t please all the people all of the time and as you say it is what it is 😉. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

Come over to the dark side Luke Shine166, ‘Loyalty’ has many different hats even those currently attending with a season ticket have an axe to grind. Still you can’t please all the people all of the time and as you say it is what it is 😉. 
    Ah for sure, I won't be losing sleep over it.. but its definitely a strange way of reading people. Anyway, I'm sure all that want to attend will do so, just fancied a moan tbh lol

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    40 years of having a season ticket PLUS a decade as a Valley Gold Member - I can’t buy my tickets until 3rd January. By all accounts, it seems I am likely to get them but at the same time being so low down the pecking order does sting a bit. 
    You can buy on the 2nd:

“Phase 7: 470 loyalty points or Valley Gold - Monday, January 2nd from 2pm”

It is slightly strange that someone who has just Valley Gold (and may only have held it for a few months) gets greater privilege than someone who has been a season ticket holder for the past couple of seasons. Valley Gold should get some preferential treatment versus someone with no purchasing history, not sure VG on its own should be above season ticket holders though. 

• Options
    What's peoples prediction of how many will be left when they go on unrestricted sale 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

Ah for sure, I won't be losing sleep over it.. but its definitely a strange way of reading people. Anyway, I'm sure all that want to attend will do so, just fancied a moan tbh lol

And me, just a bit miffed that phase 11 tickets posted on 4/5 January will be too close for comfort with the postal disruption of late. Fortunately I have a contingency plan in place if tickets sell out but it will mean sitting on my hands for the duration of the game 😆.
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    What's peoples prediction of how many will be left when they go on unrestricted sale 
    I reckon we’ll sell 5,500 during the restricted phases leaving around 2,000 when we get to general sale 
  • Options
    Anyone looking at getting coach from Kent? I sent a email asking to be added to the list, got a reply saying  I’ve been added and the club will let me know if they decide to run one! Surely they will right?
  • Options
    Makes me chuckle a bit reading all this and the mayhem on Facebook etc. Home attendances down to around 5k in reality and we are utter toilet. Mass disillusionment abounds.  Suddenly the prospect of playing ManU reserves on a Tuesday night in January away with all that entails and they are coming out of the woodwork. Don’t get me wrong, I do get it. But in reality we can have up to 11k tickets if we sell out the first tranche. Despite the inherent incredulity of the loyalty tiers system, the reality is that if you want a ticket for this and are willing to be patient you will get one. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Think the club need to have a look at the VG entry point, perhaps if only VG you can only have 1 ticket, it does seem unfair on someone who has a ST for 2 years.
    I’ve got Valley Gold but my son doesn’t. By those rules we wouldn’t be able to buy two tickets together . 
  • Options
    Coach question from someone who has not done one in 20 odd years…

Can you book one way (home) if you pay for a return? I need to be in work the next day but would much rather get up there early and have a few beers on the train. Would be the Larkfield coach.

Cheers.
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:
    @altrinchamaddick we have booked hotel in Altrincham and will travel by metro to Old Trafford. Hoping you can confirm this is a sensible decision. (I’m happy to forego the wild celebrations in Central Manchester after we win!)
    Yes, very sensible. Trams are very regular, just touch in and out on the card readers at Altrincham and Old Trafford. It takes a bit longer getting back, with a queue at Old Trafford, but its pretty well organised.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    I’ve got Valley Gold but my son doesn’t. By those rules we wouldn’t be able to buy two tickets together . 
    No-one sits in allocated seats when travelling away do they ?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:

To be fair it is a stated benefit of VG:

• Greater ticket priority to away games, and those matches that are in high demand*

It’s largely immaterial as all will get a ticket who wants one I am sure. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can you book one way (home) if you pay for a return? I need to be in work the next day but would much rather get up there early and have a few beers on the train. Would be the Larkfield coach.

Cheers.
    In the past we would have accommodated that, but it’s entirely down to the people organising it. The only issue it creates is communicating the information to the steward on the day. Definitely worth asking.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    What I’m saying is why should someone who only had VG ( it used to be 3 months membership to qualify for an away ticket, £30) has more loyalty points than someone who has a season ticket for 2 years?

As for the Man Utd game, anyone who wants a ticket will get a ticket.
  • Options
    Anyone looking at getting coach from Kent? I sent a email asking to be added to the list, got a reply saying  I’ve been added and the club will let me know if they decide to run one! Surely they will right?
    They won't let you know personally, it will just be announced on the website/media channels
  • Options

Cheers.
    I’d assume so as long as you inform in advance so the steward list is made aware. 

There is also a late evening direct National Express option if anyone fancies a few hours kip 

• Options
    Completely understand it'll be a lot more costly but if you're going to get a 6 hour coach back it could be better to fly back instead.

• Options
    buckshee said:
    Question regarding the coaches, I see that the Bexleyheath pick up is Hall Place, does anyone know if I’d be able to leave the car there? If not then is Gravesend an option in that respect, I’m in Greenhithe by the way. 
    There's no parking charges and no barriers to lock your car in at Hall Place having parked there a few times myself albeit I've not parked there for a midweek game up north but you should be fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I really don't get all the moaning.. Why shouldn't people who buy season tickets, valley gold and build up points by going to away and cup games get first dibs?

If you really want a ticket you will get one.. Less moaning, and get on with it and enjoy the day out!!
    What’s it got to do with you, if we want to have a moan up we’ll have one 😉.