Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MAN UNITED TICKETS - Collection from Old Trafford from 4:30pm

Comments

• Options
    @altrinchamaddick we have booked hotel in Altrincham and will travel by metro to Old Trafford. Hoping you can confirm this is a sensible decision. (I’m happy to forego the wild celebrations in Central Manchester after we win!)
  • Options
    It's their cup final.
  • Options
    lonman said:
    This will not sell out. I've just purchased 6 tickets online. No 'virtual queue' very easy. I was at the ticket office earlier to collect some tickets for Oxford / Portsmouth games. I can tell you it's carnage down there. People calling up asking how many points they have, what on earth !! It's clear to see online ! Also one lady on the phone was taking dogs abuse because this guy felt he should be in category 1 because he had a season ticket. WOW. The person who I collected my tickets from told me "It's been like this for 3 hours, phone non stop, people asking dumb questions and trying to argue they should be higher up the priority list, intermingled with the odd person actually buying a ticket" These guys are only doing their jobs, they work within the framework laid out by the club. Don't get the thinking, what is laying into the poor sod working the phone line at the ticket office going to achieve.  

Anyhow, I agree with the priority points, and actually you don't need to have attended that many away games to qualify for the first 2 phases. Season ticket is 230 x 2 = 460. So in addition to being a season ticket holder you need to have attended 8 away games over 2 seasons to hit the 540 priority points. It's not that difficult. 

Astonishing that people should be so committed to traveling 250 miles and paying hundreds in travel and accommodation costs to see the club they support being hammered.
  • Options
    Biggest game so far no way am I missing this one 
  • Options
    More than twice the number of tickets than we will need. 
    Priority sale is a waste of club resources. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Ah, this is getting good now. Feeling very nostalgic.

So just to summarise this thread so far;

- There's no way we will get anywhere near selling out all the tickets, but we will also have no problem in selling out.
    - The priority system announced by the club is ridiculously complicated and not fit for purpose, but it's also great and the only fair way of doing things.
    - Once you get to the ground it will be strictly sit in your designated seat or go wherever you like.
    - Valley Gold gives you no additional priority benefits, apart from the additional priority it does give you.
    - It's totally wrong that people who previously had season tickets for 30 years don't get any priority now, but at the same time it's absolutely right that only current season ticket holders get the most priority.

Have I missed anything?
    Should have done a bingo card 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lonman said:
    This will not sell out. I've just purchased 6 tickets online. No 'virtual queue' very easy. I was at the ticket office earlier to collect some tickets for Oxford / Portsmouth games. I can tell you it's carnage down there. People calling up asking how many points they have, what on earth !! It's clear to see online ! Also one lady on the phone was taking dogs abuse because this guy felt he should be in category 1 because he had a season ticket. WOW. The person who I collected my tickets from told me "It's been like this for 3 hours, phone non stop, people asking dumb questions and trying to argue they should be higher up the priority list, intermingled with the odd person actually buying a ticket" These guys are only doing their jobs, they work within the framework laid out by the club. Don't get the thinking, what is laying into the poor sod working the phone line at the ticket office going to achieve.  

Anyhow, I agree with the priority points, and actually you don't need to have attended that many away games to qualify for the first 2 phases. Season ticket is 230 x 2 = 460. So in addition to being a season ticket holder you need to have attended 8 away games over 2 seasons to hit the 540 priority points. It's not that difficult. 

Astonishing that people should be so committed to traveling 250 miles and paying hundreds in travel and accommodation costs to see the club they support being hammered.
    The glamour of Man United and Old Trafford.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    lonman said:
    If you're sensible you will click the 'Collect at The Valley' Option or if you dont live local collect from Old Trafford. The ticket office are not particularly efficient at mailing out away tickets at the best of times and that's with 700-1000 being sold. You're chancing your luck if you're relying on a Charlton ticket office / Royal Mail combo to get these tickets on time.

Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    lonman said:

The glamour of Man United and Old Trafford.
    Exactly. Do you know how difficult it is to get a ticket for their home games?

I personally have no interest in watching Charlton play these days, but if it gives me the opportunity to get a ticket for the Theatre of Dreams then I'm all over it. I just hope I don't get overcome by the urge to tug one out the closer I get to the promised land.
    If United increased their capacity to 90k they'd sell out their games.

People underestimate how big this mob are, top 3 in the world.  
  • Options
    More than twice the number of tickets than we will need. 
    Priority sale is a waste of club resources. 
    Your be surprised they will all come out the woodwork for this one
  • Options
    Question regarding the coaches, I see that the Bexleyheath pick up is Hall Place, does anyone know if I’d be able to leave the car there? If not then is Gravesend an option in that respect, I’m in Greenhithe by the way. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    buckshee said:
    Question regarding the coaches, I see that the Bexleyheath pick up is Hall Place, does anyone know if I’d be able to leave the car there? If not then is Gravesend an option in that respect, I’m in Greenhithe by the way. 
    It’s a big car park - not certain what the charging regime is these days. I have a feeling there are two car parks - one council and one for Hall Place. Dartford’s traditionally a better parking option than Gravesend.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    It’s a big car park - not certain what the charging regime is these days. I have a feeling there are two car parks - one council and one for Hall Place. Dartford’s traditionally a better parking option than Gravesend.
    Cheers Rick. 
  • Options
    lonman said:

Rochdale away didn't cost that much....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice one Golfie 
  • Options
    So today will either see people relax a bit when they realise phase 1 only saw about 400 tickets sold, or mild panic set in if we've shifted over 1500 already.
  • Options
    Pretty confident it will make general sale a 2/250 quid away day if staying up a week after Xmas isn’t the most appealing to some.

we struggle to sell out gills away which is less than 25 mins on a train. Of course man United is different level. 

Anyway hoping it makes general dont agree with the 2 per member though not really fair as there will be people who fancy a day out getting ahead of season ticket holders as there mate goes a lot, should be 1 per member for all phases 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Pretty confident it will make general sale a 2/250 quid away day if staying up a week after Xmas isn’t the most appealing to some.

we struggle to sell out gills away which is less than 25 mins on a train. Of course man United is different level. 

Anyway hoping it makes general dont agree with the 2 per member though not really fair as there will be people who fancy a day out getting ahead of season ticket holders as there mate goes a lot, should be 1 per member for all phases 
    Which is exactly why it will sell well.

A lot of fans have been to Gillingham 3/4/5 times, but a generation of our fans have not been to Old Trafford. Personally because of who it is, i think we have more chance of selling 7k for Man U than we would've done selling 3-4k for Wolves, Forest or Leicester.
  • Options
    Playing one of the biggest clubs in world football and some fans can't work out why so many others are so keen to attend. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Supported them for 65 years season ticket hold for best part of 30years including the Shithurst years and phase 11, how’s that for repaying loyalty 😤. Don’t worry about me though I’ll be at the game one way or the other 😉.
    In fairness to the club, how do you want them to account for historical “loyalty”? The current system looks back at your purchasing history over the past two seasons which seems fair enough. 
    Five seasons would be better than two seasons spanning Covid and the advent of live streaming has had a big impact on people accruing sufficient loyalty points especially those of us who can no longer get to home games regularly these days and don’t have a S/T.
    Its not the clubs fault people stream instead of attend. Apart from some of the tiers being pointless, I can't see anything else they could have done better. 
    Depends if you’re affected on not, there’ll be people going who haven’t put the hard miles in down the years just for a day out which grates. Also there’s no way those of us, albeit in the minority living a fair distance away, can rely on the post at the moment when phase 11 is released on 4th January so it’ll be the pain of collection at Old Trafford.
    A VG membership for £200 gets you phase 7, a ST for £400+ gets you phase 8. Doesn't really seem fair either, but it is what it is. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Playing one of the biggest clubs in world football and some fans can't work out why so many others are so keen to attend. 
    This is just what happens when a football team is successful. We haven’t had it in so long that many have forgotten what it’s like, some of the younger fans may never have really experienced it. If we got back to the Prem one day you would have about 15,000 additional season ticket holders who didn’t tough out through these years in the dulldrums. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Supported them for 65 years season ticket hold for best part of 30years including the Shithurst years and phase 11, how’s that for repaying loyalty 😤. Don’t worry about me though I’ll be at the game one way or the other 😉.
    In fairness to the club, how do you want them to account for historical “loyalty”? The current system looks back at your purchasing history over the past two seasons which seems fair enough. 
    Five seasons would be better than two seasons spanning Covid and the advent of live streaming has had a big impact on people accruing sufficient loyalty points especially those of us who can no longer get to home games regularly these days and don’t have a S/T.
    Its not the clubs fault people stream instead of attend. Apart from some of the tiers being pointless, I can't see anything else they could have done better. 
    Depends if you’re affected on not, there’ll be people going who haven’t put the hard miles in down the years just for a day out which grates. Also there’s no way those of us, albeit in the minority living a fair distance away, can rely on the post at the moment when phase 11 is released on 4th January so it’ll be the pain of collection at Old Trafford.
    A VG membership for £200 gets you phase 7, a ST for £400+ gets you phase 8. Doesn't really seem fair either, but it is what it is. 
    Isn’t 2 years of having a ST gets you 460 points? I think it’s 10 points per game. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    se9addick said:
    RedChaser said:
    Isn’t 2 years of having a ST gets you 460 points? I think it’s 10 points per game. 
    https://www.charltonafc.com/loyalty-points-explained