Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne - now at Gillingham (p27)

Comments

• Options
    If we had a contract with him until end of June, they could still fine him by reducing his next month's wages, the same with Gilbey
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    If we had a contract with him until end of June, they could still fine him by reducing his next month's wages, the same with Gilbey
    There's a difference between chanting "We hate Charlton" and just going to a match in another team's shirt.
  • Options
    Good luck to the guy. Massively overrated, managed to blag himself a big payday, got found out, will now slide to obscurity at, probably, national league level. Can we now move on. 
  • Options
    Could see him playing in L1 with Leyton Orient next season. 
  • Options
    It’s a possibility but he’d be very lucky. His abject failure with us following his previous fall from grace cannot surely have gone unnoticed within inside the game. I really do think his second stint with us will have damaged him. 
  • Options
    Absolutely woeful player..should never have come back in Jan and whomever was responsible for it should be binned on that one decision alone.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I foresee two goals
    Fair play, you called it!
  • Options
    It’s a possibility but he’d be very lucky. His abject failure with us following his previous fall from grace cannot surely have gone unnoticed within inside the game. I really do think his second stint with us will have damaged him. 
    I actually thought he was starting to look ok before the social media incident. His overall game seemed to have improved since his first spell, as he was holding the ball up better.
    If it wasn't for the social media incident, he would have stayed in the first team squad until the end of the season, he wasn't a Penney or Kilkenny , both out of favour for footballing reasons. 

He's definitely good enough to get a L1 club like Orient.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll hold my hands up. I had a delusion that he would want to prove a point. Well I suppose he did. It just wasn't the point I was hoping for.
  • Options
    Funny that even when he was on his goal scoring streak for us, Bowyer kept basically saying he was still shit.
  • Options
    Is he still contracted to us...?? If so I'd fine him another 2 weeks wages & get him in next week sweeping or clearing up. 
    Really harsh on whoever is in charge of sweeping or cleaning up. Imagine how much extra work they’ll have!
  • Options
    Once again, a waste of money in the transfer market trying to be clever on the cheap! Bonne and Penney have been near useless.
  • Options
    Absolutely no idea what any League One club could look at and go “yeah, let’s give him a go”. 
  • Options
    Subject change pleeaasseeeeee
  • Options
    Could do a job for us.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
    What job would that be, exactly?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Absolutely no idea what any League One club could look at and go “yeah, let’s give him a go”. 
    Come on, we've all been there. 6 pints. Half past midnight. Looking good.
  • Options
    Welcome back Macauley.  Hopefully it works out better this time and you win the snowflakes over with a few goals.
    Time for some Maoist style public confession. I'm so so sorry. 
  • Options
      Know most thought he was shit even when he was trying probably his best that he can do with us in that championship season especially after the likes of Taylor refused to play.
    When he came back really hoped he could replicate it. Unfortunately not the case. Some of his online crap has been rather embarrassing. Shame, we brought him back to League football as he was in non League and we even gave him a second chance at it last season, his ability though shows he's not up to it. 
  • Options
    That Franco comment is very harsh. Bonne can hold up the ball and lay it off. He does try pretty hard and first time around with us scored some decent goals, which led to his QPR deal. Unfortunately he also missed some sitters in the Championship. He will score goals in Division 2 because he will get a bit more space and time. If he plays regularly for the Gills I think he'll score about 14/15 goals. We'll see.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Bonne is below average, now. He's also as dim as they get. 

Was he the driver of that car btw?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Was he the driver of that car btw?
    Yeah. Still being investigated by police.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/investigation-continues-into-footballers-car-crash-292543/