Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne - now at Gillingham (p27)

Comments

• Options
    That Franco comment is very harsh. Bonne can hold up the ball and lay it off. He does try pretty hard and first time around with us scored some decent goals, which led to his QPR deal. Unfortunately he also missed some sitters in the Championship. He will score goals in Division 2 because he will get a bit more space and time. If he plays regularly for the Gills I think he'll score about 14/15 goals. We'll see.
    If we are going to be fair, he didn't do too shabbily during his loan spell at Ipswich ......12 goals, was it, in half a season?

• Options
    Please change/update the title of this thread, I was terrified for a moment, not that things can really get any worse 
  • Options
    Not surprised Gills fans don’t rate him.
    Wouldnt be surprised to see him playing non league next season .
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    For the love of all that is holy. Please just let us forget about this utter no mark. Please. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    3 goals in his last 61 appearances 
  • Options
    Not sure why we are so annoyed at Bonne. £2m in the bank not too shabby for us. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    That Franco comment is very harsh. Bonne can hold up the ball and lay it off. He does try pretty hard and first time around with us scored some decent goals, which led to his QPR deal. Unfortunately he also missed some sitters in the Championship. He will score goals in Division 2 because he will get a bit more space and time. If he plays regularly for the Gills I think he'll score about 14/15 goals. We'll see.
    If we are going to be fair, he didn't do too shabbily during his loan spell at Ipswich ......12 goals, was it, in half a season?

Full season, he played 43 games 
  • Options
    The best thing about Bonne is the ability to say 'Bonne gone' and the £2m obviously. 
  • Options
    BalladMan said:
    Not sure why we are so annoyed at Bonne. £2m in the bank not too shabby for us. 
    The same money we have spunked in paying off at least 4 managers since. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks and good point! We can't expect you to scan each post seeking a thread title change. Thanks for doing so. Seeing Bonne and Charlton in the same sentence does not kickstart a pretty day. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Yes, the first half. How many did he get for them
    in the second half of that season, was it 2?
  • Options
    Scored his first goal for Gills at the weekend too - he's played 11 games.
  • Options
    Sounds like he’s off to a flyer . That’s him done for the season.
  • Options
    Which will come first a second goal or a second car crash?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I watched some of the highlights. He seems to have lost a yard of pace ( if that was possible).
  • Options
    I watched some of the highlights. He seems to have lost a yard of pace ( if that was possible).
    May help him stay on side.
  • Options
    Looking more and more like another Pritchard - a quick rise from non-league, a purple patch in the Championship before dropping down the leagues.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Failed to turn up for his Speed Awareness Course allegedly but then he's was regularly failing to turn up for us!
  • Options
    Better than Alfie May apparently...