Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:
    Out of JoJo , the guy Vigeroux from O's who we were linked with and this fella, I reckon he is by far the best option but I do still AMB could be as good if not better still 
    Orient bloke on his way to Burnley 
  • Isted will be Number 1 without doubt. Love AMB but think Isted won't come here to be number 2.
    Agree can’t see him
    coming as number two especially as we beaten Barnsley to his signing not bad for a team with no budget as people like to think but this is a great statement by the club and should shut a few up 
    We have beaten another League One side to his signing not Real Madrid. It's a statement of nothing other than that we have signed a keeper on a free transfer.
  • My best mate used to car share with him when he was on loan at Chesham, supposedly a “lad” in the changing room. 

In terms of his ability, class signing if true. 
  • CAFCsayer said:

I know they are a prem team now, but Charlton signing players released by luton just sounds wrong
    What?
    Luton, who have spent the last 4 seasons in the championship, plays off in the last 2 seasons and won them this year?
    Yeah, we don’t want any players that have been associated with them, perish the thought 

• DA9 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

I know they are a prem team now, but Charlton signing players released by luton just sounds wrong
    What?
    Luton, who have spent the last 4 seasons in the championship, plays off in the last 2 seasons and won them this year?
    Yeah, we don’t want any players that have been associated with them, perish the thought 

And Derek Hales didn’t work out too bad either 
  • mendonca said:
    NabySarr said:
    Isted would be a great start. Shame for AMB but shows we mean business this season if it’s true 
    Bringing in a Goalkeeper on a free transfer really does not signal that we "mean business" this season. 
    Damned if we do, damned if we don't! 
    It's a good move all round but hardly a statement of intent.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Beadle to Oxford on loan 

The wanking claw
  • edited June 2023
    NabySarr said:
    mendonca said:
    NabySarr said:
    Isted would be a great start. Shame for AMB but shows we mean business this season if it’s true 
    Bringing in a gk on a free does not mean we mean business this season. 
    Strengthening a position we aren’t even weak in and winning him off a promotion rival. To me that is at the very least a good sign 
    It's a good signing. That's about it at this stage
  • CAFCsayer said:

As opposed to loaning players from them, such as Shinnie and Lee?
  • Croydon said:
    NabySarr said:
    mendonca said:
    NabySarr said:
    Strengthening a position we aren’t even weak in and winning him off a promotion rival. To me that is at the very least a good sign 
    It's a good signing. That's about it at this stage
    At least it will be an improvement of our current position of no signings...

• CH4RLTON said:
    Out of JoJo , the guy Vigeroux from O's who we were linked with and this fella, I reckon he is by far the best option but I do still AMB could be as good if not better still 
    Orient bloke on his way to Burnley 
    No he isn't, they're about to sign someone from Belgium. Vigeroux will end up in the Champ
  • NabySarr said:
    mendonca said:
    NabySarr said:
    We are weak in the goalkeeping area with just one senior goalkeeper.

Lets hope that the quality of the (potential) signing furthers and not to a situation of starting the season with one recognised forward like we did with Stockley.

• edited June 2023
    Harry Isted apparently signing is good news. 
  • Better option than the Orient guy if true! 
  • RedRobin said:
    Thought he was excellent in the play off final. But that was just one game, no idea how he was the rest of the season......although seeing as Barnsley got into the play offs he must have been half decent.

As to beating off Barnsley for his signature  by putting together a better package I thought it would be a no brainer.

"Look son, what do you prefer......coal mining town Barnsley or one of the top Capital Cities in the world London"
  • RedRobin said:
    Thought he was excellent in the play off final. But that was just one game, no idea how he was the rest of the season......although seeing as Barnsley got into the play offs he must have been half decent.

As to beating off Barnsley for his signature  by putting together a better package I thought it would be a no brainer.

"Look son, what do you prefer......coal mining town Barnsley or one of the top Capital Cities in the world London"
    born on the south coast at Chichester so maybe wants to be close to home too?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:

born on the south coast at Chichester so maybe wants to be close to home too?
    Best not mention Portsmouth then eh...
  • RedRobin said:

Nah, we offered a better deal.
  • RedRobin said:

He’s a good keeper Golfie! 
  • I wonder if Isted is the player Holden sent a picture of a packed Valley to ? 
  • In the as we stand team situation I posted the other day it is now Kone instead of Woolacott.