Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Mrkinski said:
    Uboat said:
    Have known about Harry Isted joining for a few days now, but had been keeping this close to my chest in order to protect my source.

Looks like the cat is out of the bag now though ffs! Being ITK can be a blessing AND a curse. 

My source says that there may be a few more outgoings/incomings over the coming days or weeks. Cant share more than though im afraid!
    Same
    I was married to the midwife who delivered Harry - so have known about this for 26 years. It’s tough keeping quiet as an ITK.
    I was married to the midwife who delivered Andy Hesentaller's son Jake, who now plays for Crawley. 

Fact. 
    Did she come from behind?
  • Isted will be Number 1 without doubt. Love AMB but think Isted won't come here to be number 2.
    Agree can’t see him
    coming as number two especially as we beaten Barnsley to his signing not bad for a team with no budget as people like to think but this is a great statement by the club and should shut a few up 
    We have beaten another League One side to his signing not Real Madrid. It's a statement of nothing other than that we have signed a keeper on a free transfer.
    It’s a statement because we keep 
    getting  told that we will not sign anyone , we don’t have any budget yawn yawn .. this proves them completely wrong .. we have a out paid one of the so called bigger league one clubs .. free transfer no such thing by the time you had signing in fee , agent fee and agreed wages over a period of time 2/3 years .. that Barnsley could not match . 

As much as it sounds like Isted is a shrewd bit of business, a keeper leaving on a fee, to be replaced by one on a free, does not smack of a statement to me. It feels very much in line with what someone who was being tight/clever with the budget would be doing, or at the most just quiet a normal football transfer for our level.

It depends on the player not the fee though. Us selling what had become our number 2 keeper and replacing him with a keeper who was potentially one extra time minute and a shootout away from being a promotion-winning L1 keeper is a statement in a way given that we've arguably already got a number 1. You'd think if we were totally not trying then we just wouldn't bother getting an extra first team level player in that position and jut pray AMB doesn't get concussed for the 600th time this year.
    I think we've known for a while though that frees and loans will come in but we won't be paying a fee as long as the takeover hasn't gone through, so no different to last season. We just have to pray that this time the players we bring in are all Rak-Sakyi level and not Penney level. And then the takeover will go through and we can be underwhelmed by their signings. It's going to be great.
  • NabySarr said:
    Isted will be Number 1 without doubt. Love AMB but think Isted won't come here to be number 2.
    Agree can’t see him
    coming as number two especially as we beaten Barnsley to his signing not bad for a team with no budget as people like to think but this is a great statement by the club and should shut a few up 
    We have beaten another League One side to his signing not Real Madrid. It's a statement of nothing other than that we have signed a keeper on a free transfer.
    It’s a statement because we keep 
    getting  told that we will not sign anyone , we don’t have any budget yawn yawn .. this proves them completely wrong .. we have a out paid one of the so called bigger league one clubs .. free transfer no such thing by the time you had signing in fee , agent fee and agreed wages over a period of time 2/3 years .. that Barnsley could not match . 

As much as it sounds like Isted is a shrewd bit of business, a keeper leaving on a fee, to be replaced by one on a free, does not smack of a statement to me. It feels very much in line with what someone who was being tight/clever with the budget would be doing, or at the most just quiet a normal football transfer for our level.

It depends on the player not the fee though. Us selling what had become our number 2 keeper and replacing him with a keeper who was potentially one extra time minute and a shootout away from being a promotion-winning L1 keeper is a statement in a way given that we've arguably already got a number 1. You'd think if we were totally not trying then we just wouldn't bother getting an extra first team level player in that position and jut pray AMB doesn't get concussed for the 600th time this year.
    I think we've known for a while though that frees and loans will come in but we won't be paying a fee as long as the takeover hasn't gone through, so no different to last season. We just have to pray that this time the players we bring in are all Rak-Sakyi level and not Penney level. And then the takeover will go through and we can be underwhelmed by their signings. It's going to be great.
    At this level there’s nothing wrong with just signing frees and loans. How many fees did Sheffield Wednesday pay last summer? We just need a budget that allows us to get the best free and loans available to league 1 rather than scraping the barrel like we were last season. Of course the odd fee-paying transfer would be nice but it’s not a necessity 
    Agreee and if the lad isted is the standard we are going for then i’d be happy with that 
  • Remember when we sold Maginnis for a fee and signed Taylor on a free...
  • Sponsored links:

• From a Barnsley fans forum

• Im ITK and speak regularly with someone who is my father and heavily involved in training the first team, selecting the starting line up, giving new contracts and giving press conferences as manager. He has confirmed to me his current thinking is that AMB is no 1 and Isted no 2
  • Here’s hoping, but wasn’t Dean Kiely one of the first through the door in the 99/00 season.  We need a strong goalie. I have no idea if that’s this chap, but I wasn’t sold on AMB.  

Just another 7 or so proper good outfield players to go 
  • I thought AMB was brilliant last season, and thought that Woolacott was good before him.  However now Woolacott has gone as has been pointed out we need 2 solid first teamers.  Just wish we had at least one solid striker, one solid winger and a replacement for Innis.  Every season we seem to prioritise getting new keepers in. But WTF do I know?
  • Southbank said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Isted signing on a free and JoJo going for a fee is great bit of business.. Upgrade on our current keepers. Reminds me of Ben Hamer type of signing, and he did pretty well for us.
    Great signed by Sandgaard, don't you agree  ;)
    Sandgaard will agree to anything that saves money, but nothing that costs money.
    How do you know it’s not cost money ? Perhaps Isted will be on a better deal than Wollacott. We don’t even know if we actually got any money for Jojo or indeed if Isted is signing but that doesn’t fit in with the constant stream of negativity.
    Isted is on bigger wages 
  • edited June 2023
    Southbank said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Isted signing on a free and JoJo going for a fee is great bit of business.. Upgrade on our current keepers. Reminds me of Ben Hamer type of signing, and he did pretty well for us.
    Great signed by Sandgaard, don't you agree  ;)
    Sandgaard will agree to anything that saves money, but nothing that costs money.
    How do you know it’s not cost money ? Perhaps Isted will be on a better deal than Wollacott. We don’t even know if we actually got any money for Jojo or indeed if Isted is signing but that doesn’t fit in with the constant stream of negativity.
    Isted is on bigger wages 
    ...maybe, if he is signing that is🤷‍♂️...WIOTOS
  • Has Isted fallen into the same medical black hole as Alfie May?
  • If Harvey James Duke Isted joins Charlton, the negative is at 26 he has only played 22 League matches 🤦‍♂️ But the positive is he played 19 of these last season 💪

Harry is inexperienced in League football but he may be a late developer and not a Stuart Taylor bench warmer.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Harvey James Duke Isted joins Charlton, the negative is at 26 he has only played 22 League matches 🤦‍♂️ But the positive is he played 19 of these last season 💪

Harry is inexperienced in League football but he may be a late developer and not a Stuart Taylor bench warmer.
    Wow, big chucks plays more than this guy

• So you’re saying we’re signing ten Matt Penneys?
  • One member on there thinks we'll get too 6,maybe top 2!

Charlton finished last season really well. I fancied em to be top 6, next season anyway even before this. With good look with injuries maybe pushing to top two. Will be one to watch next season.
  • RedRyan said:

So you’re saying we’re signing ten Matt Penneys?
    No, don't be silly... Matt Penny is a tenner..🤷‍♂️
    He passed his medical and signed 2 year deal 
    He passed his medical and signed 2 year deal 
    Allegedly....Nothing on the OS...remember believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear, again WIOTOS, then I will believe...🥱
  • Brownie12 said:
    Mrkinski said:
    Uboat said:
    Have known about Harry Isted joining for a few days now, but had been keeping this close to my chest in order to protect my source.

Looks like the cat is out of the bag now though ffs! Being ITK can be a blessing AND a curse. 

My source says that there may be a few more outgoings/incomings over the coming days or weeks. Cant share more than though im afraid!
    Same
    I was married to the midwife who delivered Harry - so have known about this for 26 years. It’s tough keeping quiet as an ITK.
    Well I’ve known since his conception. I was in the room when the parents were on the job. After my pot noodle and wank, I remarked to his Dad that those 30 seconds have created a Charlton Goalkeeper.
    I AM Harry Isted and this is the first I’ve heard about it…
  • RedRyan said:

So you’re saying we’re signing ten Matt Penneys?
    No, don't be silly... Matt Penny is a tenner..🤷‍♂️
    Only if you get £9 change
  • CAFCsayer said:

I know they are a prem team now, but Charlton signing players released by luton just sounds wrong
    Not the first one of their cast offs we have had though in recent years , Andrew Shinnie was one and swear there was another too