Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:
    CAFCsayer said:

I know they are a prem team now, but Charlton signing players released by luton just sounds wrong
    Not the first one of their cast offs we have had though in recent years , Andrew Shinnie was one and swear there was another too 
    Elliot Lee
  • CH4RLTON said:
    CAFCsayer said:

I know they are a prem team now, but Charlton signing players released by luton just sounds wrong
    Not the first one of their cast offs we have had though in recent years , Andrew Shinnie was one and swear there was another too 
    Elliot Lee.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Elliott Lee , thought he was pretty poor.  Wrexham have him now  to lead their charge through the divisions .
  • CH4RLTON said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Elliott Lee , thought he was pretty poor.  Wrexham have him now  to lead their charge through the divisions .
    Ah yes Elliot Lee, the white Pele, how could we forget?

• Redrobo said:
    CAFCOlly said:
    Undeniably Kirk has looked sh*te for us. However, he clearly needs an overlapping, natural left back/full back to play with him. When was the last time we had one of those? 

We have this knack of signing players and not playing to their strengths. We haven't seen first hand what Kirk's strengths are, or indeed if he has any, but it feels as though we (as in the club - not us fans) have not even tried to find out. 

I won't hold my breath but if he wants to stay, Holden is happy for him to stay, and we sign a natural overlapping full back to play with him, who knows?
    Kirk’s “strength” is cutting in on his right foot. He is weak on going past a player and crossing with his left which makes him easy to mark. An overlapping full back makes cutting in easier as you tend to have more space and time.

Compare that to Campbell and Blacket-Taylor who have the pace to go past and cross or cut in. Add an overlapping back to one those two in a match and you begin to look really dangerous. 

I think the “wanting to stay” is agent speak for help out with his wages. 
    He was shyte before he went out on loan and hasn’t exactly set the world on fire since either.
    He’s totally ‘meh’ as far as I’m concerned.
    Get rid! 🫤
  • shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Isted signing on a free and JoJo going for a fee is great bit of business.. Upgrade on our current keepers. Reminds me of Ben Hamer type of signing, and he did pretty well for us.
    Great signed by Sandgaard, don't you agree  ;)
    Looking forward to his knowledge on our new keeper on the clubs website 
    Commands the box and has a hard shot.🤭
  • Why didn't Hibernian just sign Isted for free instead of Wollacot then? I think we all know why.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrBurns said:
    If you remember correctly I predicted stuff would start happening in terms of ins and outs around June/July. Does this website offer ITK icons on usernames? Breaking news - I've heard we're looking at another goalkeeper. Possibly one that played in League 1 last season for a top 6 side. Can't provide names at the moment as I haven't had clearance. 
    You predicted stuff to happen in the month the transfer window opened and the month after it opened? Clever! CL the gift that keeps on giving! 
  • As things stand Kone is back up to AMB.
  • Rather good actually.
  • Lucas Joao anyone? Believe he is a free agent. Will probably get championship offers but would be great in league one 
  • Isted confirmed on twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    Isted confirmed on twitter
    Due respect, means naff all until it's on the OS...🤷‍♂️
    It is 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    It is 
    Is it!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    It is 
    Not yet it isn't 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    It is 
    Not yet it isn't 
    It went up at 9.58

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/done-deal-harry-isted-addick
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    It is 
    Not yet it isn't 
    It went up at 9.58

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/done-deal-harry-isted-addick
    Cheers .
    Not a bad signing to start thing off.
  • Only just appeared on the OS, very slow, not interested in Twitts...
  • But is he Harry or is he Ted?
  • edited June 2023
    But is he Harry or is he Ted?
    Harvey James Duke...take yer pick...🤷‍♂️

edit; sorry, just got the joke..🙄
  • If anybody asks who is back-up to AMB, I scream Kone.

(I'll get me coat)
    I'll be disappointed if he doesn't wear the 99 shirt.
    You always pay extra for a flake😎