Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:
    Could you imagine Ladapo, May , Leaburn and Chucks off the bench , would be a potent strike force 
    No I can't imagine it, because this is Charlton and we are owned by a deluded Danish self made guitarist!
  • edited June 2023
    ButtleJR said:
    Should have signed him year or 2 back instead of him joining Ipswich. 

He'd be playing in league two now if we did
  • I’m gonna stick my neck out and say Leaburn, Ladapo and Chucks with Kanu as last resort would be enough.

simply because in the current situation there is no way we will have 4 STS when we are likely to play one up front and the current concept is a pathway for youth.

I think we might go 2 up top and in case we need 3 plus Chuks, one of whom shouldn’t be Kanu. I’d like to see him in the National League for a short loan this season. 
  • I have heard from a friend of a friend that May has signed 8k a week 
    That's a lot of cocaine...
  • If we won't be signjng May then we certainly wont be  signing Ladapo. 

Remember, the Ladapo thing was just put about be some sad site calling themselves EFL72 something or other. It wasn't someone off here being ITK. It's not even a rumour.....its just clickbait. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I have heard from a friend of a friend that May has signed 8k a week 
    *may have signed 
  • Chuks should get 20 mins v Welling surely. He’s had months and months of rest, recovery and treatment. If he’s not approaching a normal level of fitness for the start of pre season where a stroll in the Welling sun isn’t possible then we might as well forget him. 
    We absolutely should forget him and he won’t have a pre-season, but that won’t stop the cheat code brigade 
  • edited June 2023
    shirty5 said:
    Terrel Thomas has replied to the isted announcement saying you surely have more in your locker….I suspect he has signed a new contract 
    Back up player if the club has any ambition to go up. He was off to Forest Green in January before O’Connell went to Wrexham. 
    Agreed back up fpr sure from what i uave seen but he was also better than one of our first choice cbs in Innis last season
    Different type of player, Inniss. We need a big aerially dominant player to replace him. You wouldn’t stick TT on a big centre forward. Or, arguably, Ness. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:
    Terrel Thomas has replied to the isted announcement saying you surely have more in your locker….I suspect he has signed a new contract 
    Back up player if the club has any ambition to go up. He was off to Forest Green in January before O’Connell went to Wrexham. 
    Agreed back up fpr sure from what i uave seen but he was also better than one of our first choice cbs in Innis last season
    Different type of player, Inniss. We need a big aerially dominant player to replace him. You wouldn’t stick TT on a big centre forward. Or, arguably, Ness. 
    I trust most of our current cbs instead on Innis tbf even aerially
  • JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:
    I trust most of our current cbs instead on Innis tbf even aerially
    It will be very interesting what we do with Mitchell. Needs minutes in first team football but I also think pre season we need to see more of him too before loaning out or not. 
  • As things are this morning young Mitchell is an essential part of our squad.
    Resources are thinly spread.
  • Spoke to my sauce, HP, and I can confirm we're looking to bring in a striker and apparently he's mustard, hadn't heard of the name but I believe it's Coleman?

Keep yer peepers peeled over the next few weeks, can't say too much as I think I'm being sandwiched between a rock and a hard plaice.
    Sounds like a deals been salted
  • Ackers says Alfie May will have his medical tomorrow.
    No that’s Steve Portway 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    MrBurns said:
    Cheltenham have signed a forward today. I expect movement in the next week or two. It could just be a bowel movement though. 
    Rob Street from Palace. Should open a Path for us to sign May.
    Not more puns. Please don’t go down that road.
    Avenue got better things to do?
  • edited June 2023
    Mail today says we're about to sign Ryan Tunnicliffe from Pompey.
  • edited June 2023
    iaitch said:
    Ex Man Utd player, available on a free since being released by Pompey in May.

Also meets the criteria of a Charlton centre mid by contributing very few goals. New Albie Morgan.
  • iaitch said:
    Thought they had released him. If he does sign I hope it is as just a squad player.
  • Tunnicliffe played pretty much every game under their new manager, will offer some experience we lack in midfield but agree we need more goals in that area too. Currently only Fraser and Payne that contribute. 
  • Tunnicliffe feels like a depth signing as opposed to someone that would push Fraser for a start. Plenty of experience at this level though. 
  • seth plum said:
    As things are this morning young Mitchell is an essential part of our squad.
    Resources are thinly spread.
    Little doubt we’ll bring in several signings as we have every summer in recent years, no matter who owned the club. I’m sure a few more youngsters will get their chance with Mitchell probably being one of them.
  • Ackers says Alfie May will have his medical tomorrow.
    Another one? 😉
    Same one. He's still running the 5k he started last week.