Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Ladapo would certainly fit 4-3-3 better than May.
  • We did try to sign him January so I wouldn’t be surprised. 
  • Colour me shocked....stunned, surprised and even flabbergasted.
  • Can’t see Ladapo leaving unless they bring in someone else they see as better suited to the championship.
  • Purely hypothetical but IF there is anything in the Ladapo link it would potentially be why Holden is/was (supposedly) a bit leery of signing May. Realistically even a large budget would be pushed to afford both in one window as both would want pretty high wages and having both AND Leaburn would be a tricky balancing act for most Coaches.
  • Dickieg said:
    Feels like I'm in my five year olds English lesson.
    Surely that’s “five year old’s”? 

Secondary school grade that, we are talking primary here...😉
    Alright alright, it's not my fault I'm fick.
  • I can't see us buying 2 strikers, unless Ipswich are selling him on the cheap (I doubt the May price is actually that high)
  • shirty5 said:
    Terrel Thomas has replied to the isted announcement saying you surely have more in your locker….I suspect he has signed a new contract 
    Back up player if the club has any ambition to go up. He was off to Forest Green in January before O’Connell went to Wrexham. 
    Agreed back up fpr sure from what i uave seen but he was also better than one of our first choice cbs in Innis last season
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
  • ButtleJR said:
    That would be a class signing. Thought he looked very good both games against us
  • edited June 2023
    Dickieg said:
    Surely that’s “five year old’s”? 

Secondary school grade that, we are talking primary here...😉
    Alright alright, it's not my fault I'm fick.
    I fought I were bein' an 'elp...🤪
  • He is a good div 1 forward 
  • edited June 2023
    Hal1x said:
    then you can help me, what do the wheels on the bus do?
    Wait here for a short while to regulate the service.
  • I hope Holden is sending photos of a full Valley and of Wembley to Freddie.
    I hope he's sending them to Haaland, DeBruyne, and Mbappe.
    That’s Freddie the Frog Rodney’s dad.

Coming on a free one would assume?
  • Sponsored links:

• Spoke to my source. Can confirm we are looking to bring another forward in. Wheels are certainly in motion.  Don't want to give too much away, but from what I have been told it may be a loan, it may be an out of contract player , we may even pay a fee.

Let's just say that you lifers should keep your eyes peeled over the coming days/weeks/months 😉.
    Praise be to the olde gods for such perfect information. It is fate, nay destiny.
  • ButtleJR said:
    That would be a class signing. Thought he looked very good both games against us
    True, but I would look good up against Lavelle.
  • ButtleJR said:
    An awful lot of strikers looked good against us last season...
    It’s a cunning tactic. Allow the strikers to score at the valley and then they’ll think it’s a lucky ground for them and want to sign!
  • Ladapo scored 17 from 46 I believe. I would think our chances of landing him are slim. That’s assuming there is any truth to the rumour in the first place. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Could you imagine Ladapo, May , Leaburn and Chucks off the bench , would be a potent strike force 

Not sure May and Ladapo are going to be too thrilled with signing so they can come off the bench in a quadruple substitution with Chucks and Leaburn.
  • I’m gonna stick my neck out and say Leaburn, Ladapo and Chucks with Kanu as last resort would be enough.

simply because in the current situation there is no way we will have 4 STS when we are likely to play one up front and the current concept is a pathway for youth.