Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Given the timescale of the takeover, and the fact that we will be dependent on the outgoing Sandgaard to finance any deals - I think we may be about to witness the most underwhelming CAFC transfer window of all time. 

We are going to bring in some truly, truly crap players. Of that I have no doubt.
    So more of the same then!
  • I’m really hoping that either Isted or Maynard-Brewer can go on and establish themselves as our GK for a number of seasons. It’s seems an age since we had a GK that was a fixture for more than a season or two. It’s such an important position and continually using loans or having players come and go doesn’t help at all. We need to build a squad and not one that has seven or eight changes every summer. 
  • The official site describes Isted as the first summer signing.
    First?

• seth plum said:
    The official site describes Isted as the first summer signing.
    First?

Well yeah! Hopefully there will be more or we are screwed big time 😂
  • He might be the first summer signing or a necessary replacement following the departure of Woolacott.
    Both are true. 
  • Yes he is.
  • I’m really hoping that either Isted or Maynard-Brewer can go on and establish themselves as our GK for a number of seasons. It’s seems an age since we had a GK that was a fixture for more than a season or two. It’s such an important position and continually using loans or having players come and go doesn’t help at all. We need to build a squad and not one that has seven or eight changes every summer. 
    Get your point but I would rather one of them was so good that a PL club comes along next season when the keeper has helped us get to the Championship and buys him for £10M!
  • Sponsored links:

• If anybody asks who is back-up to AMB, I scream Kone.

(I'll get me coat)
    I'll be disappointed if he doesn't wear the 99 shirt.
    Some of the claims on this thread are a bit flakey. I can’t see us spending hundreds and thousands.
  • Why didn't Hibernian just sign Isted for free instead of Wollacot then? I think we all know why.
    He played for the Hibbs manager before at Bristol City?
    what do I win?

• Terrel Thomas has replied to the isted announcement saying you surely have more in your locker….I suspect he has signed a new contract 
    Just me but what does that comment mean?
  • X - Ness - X - Thomas - Mitchell... Is the pecking order of Centre-Back's I'd like to see here this coming season

Need Hector or similar starting alongside Ness... then we need someone as third choice, who is reliable and can challenge Ness to keep him on his toes.

Thomas and Mitchell can then be there to cover Injuries | Gain Experience as a last resort.
  • Red_Chester said:
    Terrel Thomas has replied to the isted announcement saying you surely have more in your locker….I suspect he has signed a new contract 
    I think he said "You surely have more in your Lockyer"
  • Thomas will also be second choice left back I suspect 
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    Terrel Thomas has replied to the isted announcement saying you surely have more in your locker….I suspect he has signed a new contract 
    Back up player if the club has any ambition to go up. He was off to Forest Green in January before O’Connell went to Wrexham. 
    Personally I think Thomas has more to his game than O’Connell who I didn’t rate much .
    Would be a very useful squad player who would do a job in a couple of positions if called upon.
  • shirty5 said:
    Back up player if the club has any ambition to go up. He was off to Forest Green in January before O’Connell went to Wrexham. 
    Personally I think Thomas has more to his game than O’Connell who I didn’t rate much .
    Would be a very useful squad player who would do a job in a couple of positions if called upon.
    If he makes more than 20 league starts this season then that does not bode well in my opinion 
  • Ladapo would be a statement of intent.

Be suprised to see it happen though.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Should have signed him year or 2 back instead of him joining Ipswich. 

• Feels like I'm in my five year olds English lesson.
    then you can help me, what do the wheels on the bus do?
  • Feels like I'm in my five year olds English lesson.
    Surely that’s “five year old’s”? 

• Dickieg said:
    Feels like I'm in my five year olds English lesson.
    Surely that’s “five year old’s”? 

Secondary school grade that, we are talking primary here...😉
  • edited June 2023
    Wonder if it'll help, with his Brother already here - I guess thats the yearly Ipswich link