Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• The problem last season was ee had far too many squad players and not enough decent first team players,  meaning that the squad players played far too many games. 
    We should be concentrating on signing first team players. 
    Quality over Quantity. 
    100% this 

no point releasing all the players we did just to replace with the same level player

Knowing our luck with injuries we need better options to come in and play !
  • Just been told we’ll be signing some players?
  • Just been told we’ll be signing some players?
    thing is .. WHEN ?  :*      :)
  • Maybe the approach is to swap dickheads for non dickheads.
  • Ackers says Alfie May will have his medical tomorrow.

CL very own CEL told us that Alfie May had his medical a couple of weeks ago. Why do we employ Steven Kelly to drive these players to Sparrows lane when they go missing. 
  • edited June 2023
    iaitch said:
    Mail today says we're about to sign Ryan Tunnicliffe from Pompey.
    Just frees and loans from that agreed budget then 
  • edited June 2023
    Don’t know much about Ryan Tunnicliffe to be honest but it looks to me from his stats that he’s reliable at our level without being spectacular. Every team needs a water carrier and perhaps he’s being brought in to be hopefully not first choice but a very steady Eddie to have available on the bench. What’s his game about ? 
  • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12231425/Charlton-Athletic-look-make-journeyman-midfielder-Ryan-Tunnicliffe-second-summer-signing.html 

Here is the link to the story for anyone interested - sounds pretty nailed on and from a ‘reliable’ source
  • Backup for George Dobson perhaps?

Could see that. Backup for Dobbo and someone that could do a job further forward if needed.
  • Sponsored links:

Replacement for Morgan I imagine.
  • Don’t know much about Ryan Tunnicliffe to be honest but it looks to me from his stats that he’s reliable at our level without being spectacular. Every team needs a water carrier and perhaps he’s being brought in to be hopefully not first choice but a very steady Eddie to have available on the bench. What’s his game about ? 
    Would be nice if we could sort out the first choice team before we start filling out the bench players and back ups. 
    Whilst I agree to an extent, if he is available and fits what Holden wants then sign him, he might not be available when we have sorted the priorities. Plus we are probably working on lots of deals at once.
  • Scoham said:
    Looks like he might even be able to beat Inniss' record of getting sent off 4 times in a season!
  • Sambcafc said:
    Tunnicliffe is a good player at this level with lots of experience and is pretty durable. Plays a lot of games. Definitely something we need. Not a season changer but a good option and better than Morgan/McGrandles/Payne. I’d like this one if we get it done
    Surely this exact statement could be said for McGrandles last summer. 

I hope we’re at least looking at McGrandles seriously as he came with a really decent league one reputation and was on the back of an excellent season with Lincoln.
  • edited June 2023
  • Scoham said:
    Looks like he might even be able to beat Inniss' record of getting sent off 4 times in a season!
    Based on that video of a clean tackle?
    Do that sort of tackle in an away game, getting all the home fans to their feet screaming and the home manager shouting at the referee , and there is always a danger you will walk.

• Don’t know much about Ryan Tunnicliffe to be honest but it looks to me from his stats that he’s reliable at our level without being spectacular. Every team needs a water carrier and perhaps he’s being brought in to be hopefully not first choice but a very steady Eddie to have available on the bench. What’s his game about ? 
    Would be nice if we could sort out the first choice team before we start filling out the bench players and back ups. 
    Only guessing but perhaps you need to act when you can and not particularly when you’d prefer. As I said earlier I don’t know much about Tunnicliffe but it would be good to have a few players where you know exactly what you’re going to get rather than someone like Albie where its a flash of genius or sometimes nothing. Sounds to me that Tunnicliffe is the sort of player you need on a cold night in the north.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Based on that video of a clean tackle?
    Do that sort of tackle in an away game, getting all the home fans to their feet screaming and the home manager shouting at the referee , and there is always a danger you will walk.

Might want to watch the video again…
  • Not sure on Tunnicliffe, hopefully he can be a Darren Pratley type experienced figure in midfield. If he does join then I hope McGrandles is moved on as otherwise our midfield is looking no better than last season 
  • Got an extremely bad feeling about this one 
  • A pompey mate of mine says Tunnicliffe is “very hit and miss, he’s a good trier & will give 10/10 for effort”
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Sambcafc said:
    Tunnicliffe is a good player at this level with lots of experience and is pretty durable. Plays a lot of games. Definitely something we need. Not a season changer but a good option and better than Morgan/McGrandles/Payne. I’d like this one if we get it done
    Surely this exact statement could be said for McGrandles last summer. 

I hope we’re at least looking at McGrandles seriously as he came with a really decent league one reputation and was on the back of an excellent season with Lincoln.
    No not really… McGrandles had never played higher than Lincoln. Tunnecliffe bring a significant amount of experience at a higher level. Like I said not a marquee signing but good business on a free I think. Definitely a better player than Mcgrandles/Morgan/Payne. 
  • Just seen that Exeter have released Jevani Brown, thought he had a good season last year… worth a punt?