Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Have known about Harry Isted joining for a few days now, but had been keeping this close to my chest in order to protect my source.

Looks like the cat is out of the bag now though ffs! Being ITK can be a blessing AND a curse. 

My source says that there may be a few more outgoings/incomings over the coming days or weeks. Cant share more than though im afraid!
    Same
  • Have known about Harry Isted joining for a few days now, but had been keeping this close to my chest in order to protect my source.

Looks like the cat is out of the bag now though ffs! Being ITK can be a blessing AND a curse. 

My source says that there may be a few more outgoings/incomings over the coming days or weeks. Cant share more than though im afraid!
    given that we are in the transfer window, I suspect he's spot on ;)
  • edited June 2023
    Have known about Harry Isted joining for a few days now, but had been keeping this close to my chest in order to protect my source.

Do you feel you managed to protect your source by not revealing this info, then revealing further information that your source provided in privacy?!
  • CAFCOlly said:
    Undeniably Kirk has looked sh*te for us. However, he clearly needs an overlapping, natural left back/full back to play with him. When was the last time we had one of those? 

We have this knack of signing players and not playing to their strengths. We haven't seen first hand what Kirk's strengths are, or indeed if he has any, but it feels as though we (as in the club - not us fans) have not even tried to find out. 

I won't hold my breath but if he wants to stay, Holden is happy for him to stay, and we sign a natural overlapping full back to play with him, who knows?
    Personally I think they saw Owen Dale and mistook him for Kirk 😊
  • mendonca said:
    NabySarr said:
    mendonca said:
    NabySarr said:
    Isted would be a great start. Shame for AMB but shows we mean business this season if it’s true 
    Bringing in a gk on a free does not mean we mean business this season. 
    Strengthening a position we aren’t even weak in and winning him off a promotion rival. To me that is at the very least a good sign 
    We are weak in the goalkeeping area with just one senior goalkeeper.

Let’s hope that the quality of the (potential) signing furthers and not to a situation of starting the season with one recognised forward like we did with Stockley.

We probably needed one (though more and more teams are just going with 1 and then using emergency loans to cover an injury), but it wasn’t an urgent priority and most of us would have been happy for an experienced backup to come in and AMB be number 1. The fact we’ve not gone that easy (and cheap) route is very encouraging 
  • redbuttle said:
    I put Kirk in same grain of Maddison or Williams as premium medicority.

Some players you look at and can see they have natural ability maybe there are 1 or 2 parts of their game that look amazing but when you take a step back and look without the microscope you see those 1 or 2 parts dont actually add much to the team.

As for Isted, yeah he is good but any better than AMB not imo. Id stick with AMB as he is wprth more to the club.
    Maddison definitely had the ability  but not the mental application. 

Maddison had some of the best stats in League 1 on the field BUT if you don't take their state of mind over the recent past 6 months or his strange sad words on social media during COVID then you will end up with a dud player who can't perform.

The best keeper in training and friendlies should get the shirt. Not sure if all the knocks towards the end of season affected AMB because he wasn't as sharp.

• edited June 2023
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Isted signing on a free and JoJo going for a fee is great bit of business.. Upgrade on our current keepers. Reminds me of Ben Hamer type of signing, and he did pretty well for us.
    Great signing by Sandgaard, don't you agree  ;)
  • If Isted signs it will drop Kone out of the match day squad.
    My comment is that if we get Isted it will be an excellent signing, so I am hoping.
  • Conor Washington to Derby being speculated on.
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Isted signing on a free and JoJo going for a fee is great bit of business.. Upgrade on our current keepers. Reminds me of Ben Hamer type of signing, and he did pretty well for us.
    Great signed by Sandgaard, don't you agree  ;)
    Looking forward to his knowledge on our new keeper on the clubs website 
  • Richard J said:
    Conor Washington to Derby being speculated on.
    I'd take him back. We miss that off the ball running and the space  that he created. 
  • doesn’t look like a particularly reliable account but could tally with everything else 
  • Thought Wollacot was a good keeper 
    but we’v let him go must be of the dickhead variety 
  • edited June 2023
    Oh good a goalkeeper.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Sandgaard will agree to anything that saves money, but nothing that costs money.
  • Oh good a goalkeeper.
    always think it's best to have more than one
  • Isted will be Number 1 without doubt. Love AMB but think Isted won't come here to be number 2.
    Agree can’t see him
    coming as number two especially as we beaten Barnsley to his signing not bad for a team with no budget as people like to think but this is a great statement by the club and should shut a few up 
    So we now have 2 decent keepers and before we had 2 decent keepers.
    That is not stregthening, although it does save money if there was a fee- which will go in Sandgaard's pocket.
  • I so wonder if we will announce Isted today
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Sandgaard will agree to anything that saves money, but nothing that costs money.
    How do you know it’s not cost money ? Perhaps Isted will be on a better deal than Wollacott. We don’t even know if we actually got any money for Jojo or indeed if Isted is signing but that doesn’t fit in with the constant stream of negativity.
  • edited June 2023
    Isted will be Number 1 without doubt. Love AMB but think Isted won't come here to be number 2.
    Agree can’t see him
    coming as number two especially as we beaten Barnsley to his signing not bad for a team with no budget as people like to think but this is a great statement by the club and should shut a few up 
    We have beaten another League One side to his signing not Real Madrid. It's a statement of nothing other than that we have signed a keeper on a free transfer.
    It’s a statement because we keep 
    getting  told that we will not sign anyone , we don’t have any budget yawn yawn .. this proves them completely wrong .. we have a out paid one of the so called bigger league one clubs .. free transfer no such thing by the time you had signing in fee , agent fee and agreed wages over a period of time 2/3 years .. that Barnsley could not match . 

Lyle Taylor turned down Sunderland before joining us in 2018 and allegedly was offered more money to play for them.

It’s not all about money and we don’t have a clue what Barnsley offered Isted. 

Duff joining Swansea might have been a consideration as well
  • Pleased with the Wall/Isted swap but if Isted is out of contract it is not quite the same transaction as buying a player contracted to another club.
  • As Crooky off talksport is tweeting the news about Isted then I'm highly inclined to believe him
  • Isted will be Number 1 without doubt. Love AMB but think Isted won't come here to be number 2.
    Agree can’t see him
    We have beaten another League One side to his signing not Real Madrid. It's a statement of nothing other than that we have signed a keeper on a free transfer.
    getting  told that we will not sign anyone , we don’t have any budget yawn yawn .. this proves them completely wrong .. we have a out paid one of the so called bigger league one clubs .. free transfer no such thing by the time you had signing in fee , agent fee and agreed wages over a period of time 2/3 years .. that Barnsley could not match . 

As much as it sounds like Isted is a shrewd bit of business, a keeper leaving on a fee, to be replaced by one on a free, does not smack of a statement to me. It feels very much in line with what someone who was being tight/clever with the budget would be doing, or at the most just quiet a normal football transfer for our level.

Agree can’t see him

of course we have a budget and no-one has said we won't sign anyone but don't make it out to be something it isn't, it certainly isn't a statement of intent.
  • Perhaps Martin's master plan to fix our defensive woes is to play two goalkeepers at the same time!
  • edited June 2023
    Isted will be Number 1 without doubt. Love AMB but think Isted won't come here to be number 2.
    Agree can’t see him

As much as it sounds like Isted is a shrewd bit of business, a keeper leaving on a fee, to be replaced by one on a free, does not smack of a statement to me. It feels very much in line with what someone who was being tight/clever with the budget would be doing, or at the most just quiet a normal football transfer for our level.

Surely that’s exactly what we need. We won’t have pots of money so work smart is just the ticket. If you’re correct and it’s being clever with the budget then I say well done.
  • Looks a positive upgrade, as I was not 100% convinced by either Wollacott or AMB last season.
    Agree can’t see him

of course we have a budget and no-one has said we won't sign anyone but don't make it out to be something it isn't, it certainly isn't a statement of intent.
    Quite a few people have been saying we won’t sign anyone.