Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:
    Dubai mentioned FFP on here, Reams has now mentioned ‘risk of embargo’ on the other forum. I hope I’m wrong but it does feel like we are starting to hear the excuses already. And we can assume that it’s a message that’s probably come from the owners if it’s those 2 both saying it. Again I really hope I’m wrong but it doesn’t look great and for me it’s not a good enough excuse when they did due diligence so knew the situation they were walking into.

I might be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. Because it does seem silly that they would overpay for the club and then not back it properly in the first summer, so hopefully just a coincidence that both posters have mentioned it recently 

Well they've both been pushing the owners/methven line all along so doubt this is a coincidence especially as it's not true as long as the investors throw a few quid in the pot 
    Transfer fees are not an issue as I understand, it is the wages that could push us over, so it is trying to get some off the books. 

They will not risk any FFP buying throwing heaps of cash at it, there is money to spend, but it has to be right.

It will not be the Ipswich and Wigan method, which has been said right from the start. By the time of the end of the window, I believe will we have a good squad in place. 
    Only if you get them wages off the books. Easily said than done as another club is going to want to have them first and if they do they may wait for the last day of the window (2 weeks today)

Unless of course you either pay them off or agree to pay the player sold the drop in wages when they go to another club, until the end of their remaining contract with us. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:
    Dubai mentioned FFP on here, Reams has now mentioned ‘risk of embargo’ on the other forum. I hope I’m wrong but it does feel like we are starting to hear the excuses already. And we can assume that it’s a message that’s probably come from the owners if it’s those 2 both saying it. Again I really hope I’m wrong but it doesn’t look great and for me it’s not a good enough excuse when they did due diligence so knew the situation they were walking into.

I might be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. Because it does seem silly that they would overpay for the club and then not back it properly in the first summer, so hopefully just a coincidence that both posters have mentioned it recently 

Well they've both been pushing the owners/methven line all along so doubt this is a coincidence especially as it's not true as long as the investors throw a few quid in the pot 
    Transfer fees are not an issue as I understand, it is the wages that could push us over, so it is trying to get some off the books. 

They will not risk any FFP buying throwing heaps of cash at it, there is money to spend, but it has to be right.

It will not be the Ipswich and Wigan method, which has been said right from the start. By the time of the end of the window, I believe will we have a good squad in place. 
    This is pure speculation from me, but say if we paid off Chuks, Kirk, DJ and Payne and then put in bids for lets say 3 other players and match their salaries. 

Would we be in breach of FFP does anyone know? 

I'm not saying that's what the owners should do as it's a lot of money, just a hypothetical. It's certainly something I would do if I had the money and owned the club. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

This is pure speculation from me, but say if we paid off Chuks, Kirk, DJ and Payne and then put in bids for lets say 3 other players and match their salaries. 

I'm not saying that's what the owners should do as it's a lot of money, just a hypothetical. It's certainly something I would do if I had the money and owned the club. 
    Suppose it depends what clauses they have in their contracts, and if would mean we need to pay money to the clubs they come from.. And if those players accept what we offered them!

They know they need to strength, they know the positions, they have the money, and the players we are looking at, are not cheap options. 

It is about getting the right players in, on the right deals for the club!
  • Chelsea season ticket holder that i know mentioned the a young left back called Lewis Hall is being touted on the fans site as a possible for us to be interested in loaning.

Newcastle have just bid £30mil lol
  • Sambcafc said:
    I'm all out of patience and I'm not interested in excuses.
    Put up or shut up, the clock is ticking
    This is a pretty reckless attitude towards a new ownership group who have been in place for weeks not months. The problems they face are ones born of Roland/Sandgaard eras and not their own doing. It sounds like they are trying to do things the right way, which is all we can want as fans. 

And I think we need to be realistic that their may be situations with some of the ‘deadwood’ where we end up paying part of their wages still given none of them have increased in stock since being with us. 

I can see a lot of frustration being focus on the new ownership when in reality it’s not their mistakes that causes the problems we are facing now. 

Let’s judge them on what they do… which so far, has been positive.. but lots more to do
    Look, I'm still hopeful we will bring in the quality we need by the end of this transfer window.
    But we have had 15 years of giving owners time to get things right and I grow weary and annoyed when the pre-emptive excuses start appearing for why it may not happen this window.
    Bully for you if you are young and well adjusted enough to be philosophical or indeed practical enough to give them whatever time you think they need.
    I'm not.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

Since the start of January - Players (Wages) off the monthly bill

Forster-Caskey
    O’Connell
    MacGillivray
    Stockley
    Clare
    Inniss
    Morgan
    Wollacott
    Egbo
    Lavelle
    Gilbey

5 of those players I would say were on relatively low salaries. How many players have come in?

• DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

Forster-Caskey
    O’Connell
    MacGillivray
    Stockley
    Clare
    Inniss
    Morgan
    Wollacott
    Egbo
    Lavelle
    Gilbey

5 of those players I would say were on relatively low salaries. How many players have come in?

Still need to get the wage bill down though, otherwise how you going to bring more players in without FFP coming into play.

If those out cover the 6 that have come in so far, then that’s good for the account sheet. 
  • shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

Forster-Caskey
    O’Connell
    MacGillivray
    Stockley
    Clare
    Inniss
    Morgan
    Wollacott
    Egbo
    Lavelle
    Gilbey

Still need to get the wage bill down though, otherwise how you going to bring more players in without FFP coming into play.

If those out cover the 6 that have come in so far, then that’s good for the account sheet. 
    Don't matter on the amount of players that go out, if you bringing players in on higher wages! Players that have come in so far, haven't been a cheap option!
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

Forster-Caskey
    O’Connell
    MacGillivray
    Stockley
    Clare
    Inniss
    Morgan
    Wollacott
    Egbo
    Lavelle
    Gilbey

Don't matter on the amount of players that go out, if you bringing players in on higher wages! Players that have come in so far, haven't been a cheap option!
    Who said otherwise Dubai? 

• It's interesting that we haven't announced the signing of the Chelsea keeper.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but could it be that they want to announce a pretty low key signing along with a more high profile signing at the same time?

I'm pretty sure if we did the whole 'new signing' tease on social media for the new keeper the replies from the idiots would be less than encouraging.
  • I think the Chelsea keeper is primarily a U21 signing so I don't expect much fanfare at all. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I think the Chelsea keeper is primarily a U21 signing so I don't expect much fanfare at all. 
    Agree and I imagine they’re intentionally keeping it quiet as it would only result in negative reactions from the fanbase due to the current lack of first team signings.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I expect it to be a younger striker that has some resale value , as opposed to a JCH. Whether that ends up being Nombe or not I'm not sure. 

Feels like the signings bar May are trending towards younger players that could get us promoted and then still be good enough to step up. 
    And May was a freebie so the fact there is no resale value doesn't really matter but I agree if we are spend a million on a striker I don't think it will be JCH.
    He cost 275.000
    Cheers Ronnie
  • Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think the Chelsea keeper is primarily a U21 signing so I don't expect much fanfare at all. 
    Agree and I imagine they’re intentionally keeping it quiet as it would only result in negative reactions from the fanbase due to the current lack of first team signings.

Yeah I can see the media team not wanting to announce it because there will be the usual " that's not a striker " comments all over any announcement of any other player. 
  • Scoham said:
    Nombe might be younger than JCH, but is he as good?

Just worrying about resale value is pointless, if they're not actually that good in the first place. Kirk, Lavelle, DJ etc were meant to be our future stars...
    Agree, and as well as ability we need the right type of striker to partner May. Is Nombe good at holding up the ball, winning headers, picking out a pass etc?

Was it Nombe or May tho. I reckon Nombe was on A list, the offer got rejected then we went for May...
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Scoham said:

Just worrying about resale value is pointless, if they're not actually that good in the first place. Kirk, Lavelle, DJ etc were meant to be our future stars...
    Agree, and as well as ability we need the right type of striker to partner May. Is Nombe good at holding up the ball, winning headers, picking out a pass etc?

Was it Nombe or May tho. I reckon Nombe was on A list, the offer got rejected then we went for May...
    What's happened since suggests this IMHO
  • A right winger is essential 
  • A right winger is essential 
    Not really. If we get the striker signing right and Leaburn is back from injury then we won’t be using a right winger much. If we do want to switch formation then we have CBT and Campbell as wingers. 

It doesn’t make sense to go for a top right winger when we won’t be using him much, would much rather use more budget on a centre back, wing back, centre mid or striker 
  •  NabySarr said:
    A right winger is essential 
    Not really. If we get the striker signing right and Leaburn is back from injury then we won’t be using a right winger much. If we do want to switch formation then we have CBT and Campbell as wingers. 

It doesn’t make sense to go for a top right winger when we won’t be using him much, would much rather use more budget on a centre back, wing back, centre mid or striker 
    The most frustrating thing at the moment is we don't have the right players to play any formation. Not enough wingers for a 433. Not enough Strikers or proper wingbacks for a 352
  • edited August 2023
    Winger would be low on my list , we have CBT , Campbell when fit and currently Kirk but I don't think we'll play with wingers very often. 

Would rather properly go after a creative CM/AM 
  • Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Scoham said:

What's happened since suggests this IMHO
    Yep it would make sense, no chance we’d sign Nombe to sit on the bench.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

Suppose it depends what clauses they have in their contracts, and if would mean we need to pay money to the clubs they come from.. And if those players accept what we offered them!

They know they need to strength, they know the positions, they have the money, and the players we are looking at, are not cheap options. 

I have to be honest I ain't got a clue about how all that stuff works. It was my understanding you could make players at your clubs free agents so long as you paid the remainder of what they earned. 

In that example we could pay Kirk his wage for the remainder of his contract as an example and then he's off the books and we have no ties to him. I suppose as you said, it's down to the contract. 

Have any teams actually been promoted from this league in recent years without breaking ffp? Surely Ipswich, Wigan, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday were all over spending based on their squads? 

I don't know enough about Plymouth, Blackpool, Barnsley etc to know if they went up with the books balanced.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

I have to be honest I ain't got a clue about how all that stuff works. It was my understanding you could make players at your clubs free agents so long as you paid the remainder of what they earned. 

In that example we could pay Kirk his wage for the remainder of his contract as an example and then he's off the books and we have no ties to him. I suppose as you said, it's down to the contract. 

Have any teams actually been promoted from this league in recent years without breaking ffp? Surely Ipswich, Wigan, Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday were all over spending based on their squads? 

I don't know enough about Plymouth, Blackpool, Barnsley etc to know if they went up with the books balanced.
    Some of those clubs have higher revenues than us, plus you do get parachute payments when you have been relegated from the championship which would help those that had been relegated. 

Ipswich and Wigan probably did spend more than 60% of turnover on wages (Ipswich because they spent so much and Wigan because their turnover will have been lower than those clubs) so their owners would have injected equity into the club to cover this. 

Also worth noting that if you sell a player for a fee then that can also be used above the limit, so if any of those clubs sold a player for a few million that would have helped stay within the rules 
  • NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

Some of those clubs have higher revenues than us, plus you do get parachute payments when you have been relegated from the championship which would help those that had been relegated. 

Ipswich and Wigan probably did spend more than 60% of turnover on wages (Ipswich because they spent so much and Wigan because their turnover will have been lower than those clubs) so their owners would have injected equity into the club to cover this. 

Also worth noting that if you sell a player for a fee then that can also be used above the limit, so if any of those clubs sold a player for a few million that would have helped stay within the rules 
    I am about 80% sure that is not correct. if it is correct, it is new, and I may have missed it. But I would be surprised as the settled view of the EFL leadership is that parachute payments from the FAPL should be abolished as part of wider changes to revenue sharing within the pyramid.
  • edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

I am about 80% sure that is not correct. if it is correct, it is new, and I may have missed it. But I would be surprised as the settled view of the EFL leadership is that parachute payments from the FAPL should be abolished as part of wider changes to revenue sharing within the pyramid.
    Do Other English Leagues Provide Parachute Payments?
    Yes, the Championship, League One and League Two all provide some form of parachute payments to the sides that are relegated. The Championship will provide teams that are relegated from England’s second league with 11.1% of the Basic Award payment that is given to Championship club for a single season.

League One provides clubs that are relegated from England’s third league with 12.6% of the Basic Award to League One sides for a single season. League Two provides 100% of the Basic Award for the first year following relegation and 50% in the second year.

I've seen the above quoted on a number of websites @PragueAddick not sure how reliable it is though