Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Thought someone in the know claimed we were meant to be signing a striker before Saturday, have we and I missed it? I think the deadline for him to play on Saturday has now passed.
    Maybe it's done and we're going for the surprise unveiling to mess up their game plan. 

• MrBurns said:
    I don't expect us to spend another penny on a transfer fee and it'll be loans the last couple of days of the window. Not ITK we've just seen this a thousand times before. We don't owe these new owners anything, they need to get us on side. We all heard that there would be more action than words but the silence is deafening.
    4/5 more in and money will be spent especially on the striker 
  • MrBurns said:
    I don't expect us to spend another penny on a transfer fee and it'll be loans the last couple of days of the window. Not ITK we've just seen this a thousand times before. We don't owe these new owners anything, they need to get us on side. We all heard that there would be more action than words but the silence is deafening.
    I’ll bite. What positions will the 4 of 5 players be in? 
  • Thought someone in the know claimed we were meant to be signing a striker before Saturday, have we and I missed it? I think the deadline for him to play on Saturday has now passed.
    Player can still sign or has signed and not announced or could sign tomorrow morning ? Or be in attendance tomorrow sign on Monday .. either way he would not have played tomorrow anyway that don’t happen these days .. midday is deadline.  
  • Valley11 said:
    Could definitely do with chucking out a statement about the owners’ plan. I get that they don’t want to make grand Premier League claims, but if they’re playing a sensible long game then say so. 
    Surely said statement would come after the window shuts, not 10 days before it. Its unconventional I know, but I'm going to refrain from panicking until after then. 
  • Sponsored links:

Player can still sign or has signed and not announced or could sign tomorrow morning ? Or be in attendance tomorrow sign on Monday .. either way he would not have played tomorrow anyway that don’t happen these days .. midday is deadline.  
    This happened on Tuesday against us, Bristol Rovers announced a player at 6pm and he was on their bench and came on so your wrong there!
  • edited August 2023
    Thought someone in the know claimed we were meant to be signing a striker before Saturday, have we and I missed it? I think the deadline for him to play on Saturday has now passed.
    It was just a reminder to the in the know person who was very confident at the time, but has said nothing about the signing since? Wonder if this might prompt an update?
  • Scoham said:
    Thought someone in the know claimed we were meant to be signing a striker before Saturday, have we and I missed it? I think the deadline for him to play on Saturday has now passed.
    Egbo was announced before Colchester’s game on Tuesday and he came on as a sub that night.
    Wow - de Charltonised almost instantly!
  • edited August 2023
    I'm all out of patience and I'm not interested in excuses.
    Put up or shut up, the clock is ticking
    Yeah this for me. Sick of giving our competitors a 5 or 6 game head start every season. 
    5 or 6 different results last season would have had us swap places with Peterborough and who knows what our luck would have been. Equally the opposite effect would see us swapping places with MK Don's and we'd be in uncharted territory.

Every GOAL and POINT is precious. Just think back to our goal difference relegation.

What plan IS being expected to resolve this problem. The club owe it to supporters to explain this as every supporter is a weekly, monthly, yearly committed investor. 
  • Seeing people mention Andy Carroll on twitter, if we signed him I'd genuinely be horrified.

Rotter of a bloke, woman basher, shite at football and a proper sick note. 

That would be one of the worst signings we could make imo.
    I agree with most of that and defo wouldn't want him. But he's not shite at football 
  • I'm all out of patience and I'm not interested in excuses.
    Put up or shut up, the clock is ticking
    Yeah this for me. Sick of giving our competitors a 5 or 6 game head start every season. 
    5 or 6 different results last season would have had us swap places with Peterborough and who knows what our luck would have been. Equally the opposite effect would see us swapping places with MK Don's and we'd be in uncharted territory.

Every GOAL and POINT is precious. Just think back to our goal difference relegation.

What plan IS being expected to resolve this problem. The club owe it to supporters to explain this as every supporter is a weekly, monthly, yearly committed investor. 
    Don't forget the first season back down either, 20-21. Missed out on G/D. There are such fine margins.

Anyway we all know the deal, sorry for clog the thread those who read and expects some gossip, I'll leave it there. 

Sign a bloody striker Charlton 
  • MrBurns said:
    Nb. Not a serious poster. Best ignored.
  • MrBurns said:
    How comes we offered big money for Exeter striker ? They have said they want 4/5 new players 
  • MrBurns said:
    How comes we offered big money for Exeter striker ? They have said they want 4/5 new players 
    We offered money. If we offered big money, he would be a Charlton player by now!

that isn't a dig at the new owners, as I don't thing nombe is worth big money. 
  • Sponsored links:

• IMO he's worth more than JCH and Cosgrove, about the same as Eisa, maybe slightly less than Lapado. 

But the valuations teams put on players themselves are different to what a player is worth
  • Over 3 weeks since the last transfer announcement, surely something has to be announced today, even if it's just a PL loan. 

If nothing else, the squad must need a bit of a boost from a new face, never mind the fans, as I'm sure they're getting concerned. 
  • Over 3 weeks since the last transfer announcement, surely something has to be announced today, even if it's just a PL loan. 

If nothing else, the squad must need a bit of a boost from a new face, never mind the fans, as I'm sure they're getting concerned. 
    Maybe Sandgaard has sold to a load of chancers 
  • sam3110 said:
    IMO he's worth more than JCH and Cosgrove, about the same as Eisa, maybe slightly less than Lapado. 

But the valuations teams put on players themselves are different to what a player is worth

I think with how vital he is to Exeter despite being able to walk away for nothing next summer + a sizeable sell on clause to MK Dons means that the price for Nombe is going to be steep. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we spent £400-600k on a striker but I can't see it being JCH because Darragh will want £1m+ , Eisa seems to be one of those players that crops up every time we're after a striker and I wouldn't be against him as a signing at all. 
  • MrBurns said:
    How do we know what we offered, if we offered anything at all? Wasn't Nombe a twitter rumour that went from 'he's definitely signed' to Exeter posting a pic of him training in about 3 hours?
  • Croydon said:
    MrBurns said:
    How do we know what we offered, if we offered anything at all? Wasn't Nombe a twitter rumour that went from 'he's definitely signed' to Exeter posting a pic of him training in about 3 hours?
    Cawley’s article.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-did-make-approach-for-exeter-city-striker-sam-nombe/

The South London Press understands that the Addicks made an approach earlier in the transfer window indicating they were prepared to pay around £500,000 for the 24-year-old striker, who has less than 12 months to run on his contract.

But Exeter are believed to be holding out for a fee in excess of ÂŁ1million for the former Milton Keynes youngster.

• MrBurns said:
    We offered money. If we offered big money, he would be a Charlton player by now!

So you would pay 1.2 mill for him plus the 30% sell on to MK Dons .. the bid is 600,000 
    Any sell on fee comes out of the amount we pay for the player.
    Not on top of said fee.
  • edited August 2023
    MrBurns said:

So you would pay 1.2 mill for him plus the 30% sell on to MK Dons .. the bid is 600,000 
    Eer no, what's the sell on got to do with us, they won't get anywhere near the 1.2 Mill you are stating, it's between Exeter and MK Dons to sort out the sell on fee, our reported bid is realistic and Exeter need to wake up to reality...and PDQ I would suggest...in fact the whole Nombe saga is getting very boring
  • MrBurns said:

Any sell on fee comes out of the amount we pay for the player.
    Not on top of said fee.
    It’s quite possible we could offer x and they say, nah, we went 30% on top to cover the sell on.

Its not exactly the same, but it’s close enough.