Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Will be the ideal replacement for Kane but not yet. Needs another season at Brighton, score a load of goals, then leave.
  • Will be the ideal replacement for Kane but not yet. Needs another season at Brighton, score a load of goals, then wait for Chelsea to bid £230m

• MrBurns said:
    I don't expect us to spend another penny on a transfer fee and it'll be loans the last couple of days of the window. Not ITK we've just seen this a thousand times before. We don't owe these new owners anything, they need to get us on side. We all heard that there would be more action than words but the silence is deafening.
    4/5 more in and money will be spent especially on the striker 
    Nb. Not a serious poster. Best ignored.
    How comes we offered big money for Exeter striker ? They have said they want 4/5 new players 
    We offered money. If we offered big money, he would be a Charlton player by now!

that isn't a dig at the new owners, as I don't thing nombe is worth big money. 
    So you would pay 1.2 mill for him plus the 30% sell on to MK Dons .. the bid is 600,000 
    Any sell on fee comes out of the amount we pay for the player.
    Not on top of said fee.
    It’s quite possible we could offer x and they say, nah, we went 30% on top to cover the sell on.

Its not exactly the same, but it’s close enough. 
    And we'd tell 'em to do one hopefully, can't see where we come into this +30% stuff, tuff luck on Exeter if they agreed that figure...
  • Will be the ideal replacement for Kane but not yet. Needs another season at Brighton, score a load of goals, then leave.
    He already looked a real class act when he played for their youth team against ours a few years ago. Another Shearer type.
  • according to ITTV loan move for Cosgrove not happening ? whether he chosen another team not sure 
  • MrBurns said:
    I don't expect us to spend another penny on a transfer fee and it'll be loans the last couple of days of the window. Not ITK we've just seen this a thousand times before. We don't owe these new owners anything, they need to get us on side. We all heard that there would be more action than words but the silence is deafening.
    How comes we offered big money for Exeter striker ? They have said they want 4/5 new players 
    We offered money. If we offered big money, he would be a Charlton player by now!

So you would pay 1.2 mill for him plus the 30% sell on to MK Dons .. the bid is 600,000 
    Not on top of said fee.
    It’s quite possible we could offer x and they say, nah, we went 30% on top to cover the sell on.

And we'd tell 'em to do one hopefully, can't see where we come into this +30% stuff, tuff luck on Exeter if they agreed that figure...
    Which is why deals are often hard to get done, they don’t want to sell and therefore want over the odds for him, which is fair enough.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Now on the correct thread... 

Seeing as people want to rush into a decision is Bogle available? Cos that's the kind of player you end up with when you rush to sign players. 

I know it's annoying but we need to make sure we get the right players. 
    Yeah but what do you think about Mason Greenwood?
  • MrBurns said:

Not on top of said fee.

Which is why deals are often hard to get done, they don’t want to sell and therefore want over the odds for him, which is fair enough.
    I kinda get their stance, but the guy wants out and hasn't signed the contract on offer, so either sell him for a realistic price or let him leave for nothing end of the season, in fact I would say in the January window...up to them as you say...
  • Sponsored links:

• Smithy said:
    Don't see how Exeter are being unreasonable at all. If they feel Nombe could be the difference between survival and relegation, then to them he is worth, at the very least, whatever they'd lose by having a season in League Two. £500k was never going to be accepted for a player like him. 
    Then in that case, I wish them luck because come the end of the season they could still be relegated and lose him along with any money, and still be in league 2...heads you win...tails you lose🤷‍♂️
  • according to ITTV loan move for Cosgrove not happening ? whether he chosen another team not sure 
    Bloody hell even Plymouth managed to get Cosgrove on loan.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Here is one for you, a name that been mentioned we have enquired about but this come from someone different so don’t know how true Jamal Lowe 

Damn, Methven is already making up new accounts and identities on Twitter/Linkedin then!
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Here is one for you, a name that been mentioned we have enquired about but this come from someone different so don’t know how true Jamal Lowe 
    Seems very unlikely to me that he would drop to league 1. Would be an incredible signing though 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Assume it would be a loan if true ?
  • Smithy said:
    Don't see how Exeter are being unreasonable at all. If they feel Nombe could be the difference between survival and relegation, then to them he is worth, at the very least, whatever they'd lose by having a season in League Two. £500k was never going to be accepted for a player like him. 
    Don't these arrant underlings know who we are? They should accept our bid no matter what it is, and be grateful their players are going to play at such a high level! 
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Seems very unlikely to me that he would drop to league 1. Would be an incredible signing though 
    Would he be? Wasn't great on loan at QPR while they were in freefall last season. 

Would rather we looked at players actually willing to come to us and on the rise in their careers. 
    Why am I surprised?
  • Jamal Lowe goal return last few seasons

• NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Would he be? Wasn't great on loan at QPR while they were in freefall last season. 

Would rather we looked at players actually willing to come to us and on the rise in their careers. 
    He scored 15 and got 8 assists when he last played at this level. Since then he has also had a season where he scored 14 in the championship. Be surprised if who we do end up signing has numbers that good 

I see what you did there.
    Bloody hell even Plymouth managed to get Cosgrove on loan.
    They were not battling with championship sides and sides who have just been relegated to get him 

More of a winger 
  • edited August 2023
    Jamal Lowe goal return last few seasons

More of a winger 
    Not in recent years. He’s been converted into more of a striker. Would give us another wide option for when we switch to 4-3-3 though 
  • NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

He scored 15 and got 8 assists when he last played at this level. Since then he has also had a season where he scored 14 in the championship. Be surprised if who we do end up signing has numbers that good 
    Now 3+ years ago though. 

He's 29 and a winger/forward. On the way down and his 3 goals in 20 games for QPR last season shows that. Is obviously hoping a Championship team comes in for him so if we're waiting around until the end of the window for him it's a waste of time.