Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I suppose it’s a slower way to burn your money than actually going to Las Vegas and having a good time .
    No ‘investor’ is gonna make money out of this 1,000,000 to 1 shot 

• That young kid that destroyed us in the first half against Rochdale, Kwado Baah has joined Burton Albion
  • Dizzle said:
    That young kid that destroyed us in the first half against Rochdale, Kwado Baah has joined Burton Albion
    Blimey they're even worse than us.
  • It’s strange that we haven’t seen the outgoings that everyone is expecting maybe we are having trouble finding other clubs that actually want them
  • True but I remember the euphoria when we were signing Kirk on here, I know nothing about anything at our level.  I used to absorb everything and know as much as possible, either I have grown out of it or just lost the passion.
  • I’m reckoning, that’s  it for transfers, we’re saving the budget for January.
    This doesn't make sense. There will definitely be more transfers in this window. The question is of what quality
  • Leuth said:
    I’m reckoning, that’s  it for transfers, we’re saving the budget for January.
    This doesn't make sense. There will definitely be more transfers in this window. The question is of what quality
    I’m expecting the David Davis end of the spectrum.  I was going to say Josh Parker but the 2019 version of him would probably improve us
  • Maybe a solution is to loan Kirk as part of the package.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Will be the ideal replacement for Kane but not yet. Needs another season at Brighton, score a load of goals, then leave.
    But he might get injured ;-)
    They won’t get £120M though, no way. 
    I seem to recall people saying Brighton wouldn't get the £100 million they wanted for  Caicedo.

They were of course right. Brighton actually got £115 million.!

That club know how to negotiate.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Will be the ideal replacement for Kane but not yet. Needs another season at Brighton, score a load of goals, then leave.
    But he might get injured ;-)
    They won’t get £120M though, no way. 
    I seem to recall people saying Brighton wouldn't get the £100 million they wanted for  Caicedo.

They were of course right. Brighton actually got £115 million.!

That club know how to negotiate.
    And Spurs know how to overpay!
  • Charlie Wyke is on 🔥 at the moment 
    So are Wigan. 1 point behind us now!
  • Sponsored links:

• follett said:
    Wow 3.5 weeks without a signing is mental given the league games have showcased how much we are lacking. This season is such a big chance to get out the division and we are deciding to not snap up the opportunity. It's hard not to be pessimistic currently with the new owners. If FFP is the issue then fair enough but be transparent with the fans over it. Wigan are once again proving how a solid recruitment drive can lead to success in this division.
    All of that is fair apart from the Wigan comment. They’ve been all over the shop generally this summer.

They just somehow turn up and get results in this league - wish they’d let some other clubs in on their secret. Even when they should’ve got relegated with 20 odd points they managed to stay up and then win the league the next year.
  • Leuth said:
    I’m reckoning, that’s  it for transfers, we’re saving the budget for January.
    Personally I think Jan will be more important then this window, a fit squad and we have the ability to get top 6 , just having Leaburn and Fraser in the first 3 league games the way they went I think it would have been 3 wins … but our aim is to be in the pack come end of December and then invest again in jan and as we seen many times teams even as low as 10-12 have gone on a run and got into top 6 after Jan .. hopefully we will be one of the stronger side’s financially in Jan.
    We say this every year.  That would be writing off yet another season.
  • supaclive said:
    I too enjoy burning my own money.
    Methven has already said the money being spent is very much seen as "risk" money for the wealthier investors in the group.

Don't buy a football club for £12m + and think you can get promoted on the cheap.

Apparently they're not looking for a quick flip so I hardly see our current transfer outlook, spending less than 8% of purchase price on new assets as burning through money.

It's all relative and what we have spent so far is a few days' interest on their actual money in the bank of the bigger investors.

If you want to get promoted, at least give yourself a fair chance.    These guys don't do failure. 

Played 4
    Won 1
    Lost 3

Injuries collected- too many

Players fit to play 90 minutes - too few

Has it been said that they don't do failure?

The higher end risk element of the various investors portfolios reflects the uncertainty of return from putting money into a football Club. How much they are prepared to invest depends on how risk averse they are. If only spending more could guarantee success!

It might be that they want to see how their management team perform first spending the money they've initially committed to before trusting them with more. It looks ominous for now, but a win today and there'll be less comment on Methven and co next week, when hopefully we'll see some movement on the transfer front.
  • Gribbo said:
    Just seen Andy Carroll mentioned elsewhere 
    Been floating around for a few days now. Would be an awful signing. 
    Reading havent scored a single goal this season.
  • follett said:
    Wow 3.5 weeks without a signing is mental given the league games have showcased how much we are lacking. This season is such a big chance to get out the division and we are deciding to not snap up the opportunity. It's hard not to be pessimistic currently with the new owners. If FFP is the issue then fair enough but be transparent with the fans over it. Wigan are once again proving how a solid recruitment drive can lead to success in this division.
    All of that is fair apart from the Wigan comment. They’ve been all over the shop generally this summer.

They just somehow turn up and get results in this league - wish they’d let some other clubs in on their secret. Even when they should’ve got relegated with 20 odd points they managed to stay up and then win the league the next year.
    I thought since the new owner has come in they'd done some decent business including 4 loans for youngsters which is something we've decided not to tap into yet 
  • Gribbo said:
    Just seen Andy Carroll mentioned elsewhere 
    Been floating around for a few days now. Would be an awful signing. 
    Reading havent scored a single goal this season.
    Except 4 in the cup down The New Den of course.
    Fair enough - wasn't looking at t'cup.  Carroll not involved I  think?
    So are Wigan. 1 point behind us now!
    I had to look up how you were able to say that. Holy shit!